200M in all Skills

Makilio

Tbh I'm getting rather suspicious of this whole 100k slay xp per effigy thing. I've got over 1m slay xp now since my last but one effigy. And thats with spirit mages blocked btw.

edit: I'm not saying that the actual rate is 1 per million slay xp. Clearly I've had a streak of ridiculously bad luck. But it does two things:

- Firstly, it shows that it's ridiculous to say "x player has y amount of effigies as they have gained z amount of slayer xp" which people seem to be doing here quite often

- Secondly, even my long term rate is FAR above 1 per 100k slay xp (it's about 1 per 300k). Now factoring in that I havent been cancelling tasks based on the chance of them giving me an effigy, and perhaps there are other factors that increase your effigy rate (I can't use kuradal for example, but on the other hand I can get several tasks that Kuradal doesnt give that allegedly have good rates). Say for example that the actual rate is 1 per 120k. This is close enough to 1 per 100k that people would be able to accept 1 per 100k as a true rate in general. However, the difference from 1 per 100k to 1 per 120k comes out as 333 effigies getting to 200m from scratch. That's 333 less effigies. 333 less dragonkin lamps. Almost 46m less xp. I would say 1 per 120k is probably more accurate than 1 per 100k (note that even excluding my recent streak from the statistics completely that's still about 120% faster than I've been getting them), which would throw off the calculations a lot. Though my sample size isnt particularly huge. Would be nice to hear from someone who's done a VAST amount of slayer since effigies came out to see what their ACTUAL rate is.

Edit again: if the rank 2 slayer kept every effigy between the update and the vid where she showed 300 effigies (which it seemed to imply she had) then her rate was about 1 per 140k xp, which would mean 1429 effigies in total from 0-200m slay xp (rounded up). Over 78.5m less xp from effigies than has been assumed.

You should check out Lagoto Pro's slayer log on rs forums. He has done extent research and attempted to cancel and block tasks to get the best effigy rates along with slayer xp. Last time I had checked he had an effigy rate of 1 to 89k slayer xp for over 10m xp if I remember correctly.

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

El Popo1 has achieved 200m cook xp. The first F2P who has 200m xp in two skills.

Yep, Grats El popo! :thumbup:

And didn't Drumgun achieve 200M in ranged recently? Grats to him too! Also, he is the first with seven, eight and now nine 200M Skills. :thumbup:

Drop rates are simply the chance of getting the drop each time you kill the monster in question. The large sample sizes obtained by ppl such as lagota gives you a pretty good idea but its not something you can count on in small samples. Effigies are drops and there will be dry spells and times when they seem to drop "alot." The ppl here are merely using the drop rates to figure how many someone "should" get normally.

Kjarqu.png

Drop rates are simply the chance of getting the drop each time you kill the monster in question. The large sample sizes obtained by ppl such as lagota gives you a pretty good idea but its not something you can count on in small samples. Effigies are drops and there will be dry spells and times when they seem to drop "alot." The ppl here are merely using the drop rates to figure how many someone "should" get normally.

exactly

i had a few 4 effigy days and some 0 effigy days but in general its 1-3 a day and it does effect what task to choose to cancel or keep.

effigies per monster is more accurate too

like darkbeast, bloodveld, blackdemon, dragons, icestryke expect effigies but task like dusties effigies are rarreee

StarViv.png

I do more or less the best task list for effigies but my rate is around 1/115k. It's not really that big of a deal, just somewhere around 100k is average.

Just to give you an idea of the chance involved:

-In 15 logged Ice Strykewyrm tasks I have 8 effigies

-In 14 logged Dark Beast tasks I have 2 effigies

One is above the average and the other is below, but together they more or less even out.

2496 Completionist

100k per effigy seems to be the going rate for those who have large amounts of slayer xp logged. This includes Zarfot and Logato Pro who got 1 per 89k. Vex recently got 1 per 90k average over a few million xp when logging his tasks to 99 slayer. 100k seems to actually be a bit of an overestimate. But the larger the sample size gets the better so keep up with your slayer log and post the data on the forums. I don't think Aasiwat, Telmo, Elvis, Tezz, or Elias log their slayer tasks and drops, but if they do, hopefully they will post their relevant finding once they decide they have enough. I know Tezz has about 190 effigies and has gotten around 20m slayer xp since he last dumped his effigies. This would hold quite well to the current understanding especially because I don't think his task list is set up for maximum effigies. That is really what the effigy/slayer xp depends on, what your specific task list is and what you cancel with points.

100k per effigy seems to be the going rate for those who have large amounts of slayer xp logged. This includes Zarfot and Logato Pro who got 1 per 89k. Vex recently got 1 per 90k average over a few million xp when logging his tasks to 99 slayer. 100k seems to actually be a bit of an overestimate. But the larger the sample size gets the better so keep up with your slayer log and post the data on the forums. I don't think Aasiwat, Telmo, Elvis, Tezz, or Elias log their slayer tasks and drops, but if they do, hopefully they will post their relevant finding once they decide they have enough. I know Tezz has about 190 effigies and has gotten around 20m slayer xp since he last dumped his effigies. This would hold quite well to the current understanding especially because I don't think his task list is set up for maximum effigies. That is really what the effigy/slayer xp depends on, what your specific task list is and what you cancel with points.

yah canceling garg, dusties, firegiants would improve rate a bit.

canceling say dragons would decrease it

StarViv.png

It is roughly 1/100k if you do the following list, possibly less if you cut out abyssal demons, however you will make a loss gp wise.

[hide]

Blocked

Jungle Strykewyrms

Desert Strykewyrms

Fire Giants

Warped Tortoise

Gargoyles

Aquanites (Not unlocked)

(Gargoyles are blocked due to their high frequency assigned, however due to the ease of the task, Waterfiends may be a more viable option to block - same goes for Fire Giants and Warped Torts, they could be replaced with a more frequent task.)

Cancel

Spiritual Mages

Greater Demons

Dust Devils

Skeletal Wyverns

TzHaar (Non fight cave)

Terror Dogs

Suqah

Living Rock Creatures

Waterfiends

Nechryael

Blue Dragons

Kalphite (After Do No Evil - need to test kill rate here)

These are from top to bottom - the priority order in which to cancel. (Assumes normal magicks)

Allow: In order from fastest to slowest effigies

Black Dragons

Bloodvelds

Black Demons

Steel Dragons

Hellhounds

Mithril Dragons

Ice Strykewyrm

Aberrant Spectres

Dark Beasts

Dagannoths

Iron Dragons

Abyssal Demons* (Could be substituted for Kalphite with the new spot (haven't tested there yet)

With 1 additional task I was able to gain more points than I spent, so with this list it "should" break even.

[/hide]

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

What tasks do you guys think is best to skip? I just skip terror dogs spirit mages and jungle/desert strykes. everything else seems ok xp/effigies/charms

you can easily get 2 Dragon boots per Spirit mage task which is only gonna take around 40-60 mins depending on concentration, Definatley worth doing IMO and they are rarely assigned by Kuradel, Well at least they are for me.

Also Vex I tend to get alot of effigy drops from Tz-haars, maybe im just lucky there, 100 a task is pretty fast with a titan and not banking obby charms. I wouldnt skip them all the time even if i were trying to max out effigy/slay xp.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

They also don't drop normal charms, which for the top players, would matter.

However if charms didn't matter. let' say you kill the Ket's & Xil's 50/50. 149 combat vs 133 giving an average of 141. This would give roughly a 1/650 or so rate. Kill rate would be what, 200 per/hr?

It's certainly better than the Nech/Garg/Blues/Waterfiends time/effigy, however still not going to be fast enough to make the shortlist for top players, especially with the lack of charms. If you don't value charms, i'd say it's not a bad option, (depending on what kill rate you can achieve & what the loot is like)

For me personally there are a couple of tasks I wouldn't skip in future, however for testing, I had to.

Blue Dragons - 1.5m gp/hr on Bones - Effigy rate in the similar area to Nech's/Gargs/Watefiends - close to 300 kills an hour (so in that little category it would be, (Blues > Gargs > Nechs > Waterfiends which assumes you are maxed)

I would do Gargoyles over Nechs due to 1) the travel time 2) the effort involved (manually scrolling titan & gathering non-aggressive mobs, as opposed to, stand there and go make a coffee)

Waterfiends are slow, however may be worth it once a week with familiarisation.

So it's that little area of around 1/1k drop that provides the most alternative options depending on your priorities.

This list doesn't assume you are spending your effigies on slayer & therefore trying to maximize slayer xp/hr alone. It may have to be tweaked for that, it's mainly the most versatile for covering all 4 categories.

Slayer xp/hr, charms, effigies, profit.

qjDiz.png

What would be the current top 15? I might have made a mistake while updating it in my RSOF thread :unsure:

Trying my best to fill Langer's shoes. Hope it goes well.

Relevant text hasn't been changed from his last post.

Update of the top 15

1. Skiller (previously Aasiwat) : 2,49B xp. This week was much like last week with skiller training multiple skills such as Mining, Smithing, Herblore, Summoning and a bit of slayer. He should get 2,5B xp this week. Coming milestones: 100M ranged , 100M farming, 100M summoning, 50m Herblore and 2,5B xp

2. Jdelacroix : 2,35Bxp. Recently passed Zarfot for the #2 spot. Dungeoneering seemed to be the name of the game this week for Jdelacroix with a bit of Slayer, Thieving and Farming on the side. Coming milestones : 100M xp ranged and 100M HP

3. Zarfot 2,35B xp. Inactive.

4. Drumgun : 2,34B xp. This week Drumgun became the first player to reach 9 skills at 200m exp by maxing Ranged. He has also gained consideralbe exp in Thieving, Fletching, and Firemaking. He's been the player with the most skills at 200M since last summer but how long can he hold that title with players like Telmomarques and Jdelacroix in good position to get 9 also? Drumgun has mentioned that Prayer may be his next 200m target, but that we should stay tuned. Coming milestones: 50M firemaking, rank 3 on this list.

5. Telmomarques : 2,20B xp. Another slaying and effigy dumping week for Telmo with an impressive 40M in weekly exp gains. He recently reached 50M slayer exp making it his 12th skill over 50M exp. Rumor has it, he's gonna move to prayer soon. Coming milestones : 100M HP, 50M Farming.

6. Elvis : 2,17B xp. Still training crafting and slayer as Telmomarques continues to widen the exp gap with him. Coming milestones : 100M WC and 100M HP

7. Elias : 2,02B xp. Elias has achieved his 6th 200m skill with Dungeoneering and has moved on to Slayer.

8. Gertjaars : 2,02B xp. Gertjaars is back to being inactive gaining 0 exp this week.

9. Paperbag : 1,93B xp. Recently hit 100M Ranged exp making it his 9th skill above 100M exp. Paperbag is about 3 weeks away from reaching 2B xp. He's gonna run out of buyables pretty soon at the pace is going through them and the real challenge will begin for Paperbag. Coming milestones : 50M HP

10. S U O M I : 1,91B xp. Still training Dungeoneering and Runecrafting. A chart from a fellow poster has showed him to be in the best position to max out all skills especially taking into account his playing time. Coming milestones : nothing in sight

11. Kingduffy : 1,87B xp. New to the #11 spot passing and inactive Lan is Kingduffy. It looks like Tezz will be passing him soon for the #11 spot though which will push him back to 12. Coming milestones : 100M WC

12. Lan : 1,87B xp. 0 exp gained this week.

13. Tezz : 1,87B xp. Still slaying at an amazing speed, Tezz roars toward 200M. Expect him to pass both Lan and Kingduffy shortly for spot #11. Tezz is also overdue for an effigy dump so expect to see some big numbers in the next week or two. Coming milestones : 100M summon

14. Erw J : 1,85 xp. Inactive.

15. Green098 : 1,75B xp. Still hunting effigies through ranged. She achieved 100M Ranged exp this week and shows no signs of slowing down. She will gain a rank from Erw J is about 2-3 months if she keeps this pace. Coming milestones : 100M HP

4e0Vn.png

What tasks do you guys think is best to skip? I just skip terror dogs spirit mages and jungle/desert strykes. everything else seems ok xp/effigies/charms

you can easily get 2 Dragon boots per Spirit mage task which is only gonna take around 40-60 mins depending on concentration, Definatley worth doing IMO and they are rarely assigned by Kuradel, Well at least they are for me.

Also Vex I tend to get alot of effigy drops from Tz-haars, maybe im just lucky there, 100 a task is pretty fast with a titan and not banking obby charms. I wouldnt skip them all the time even if i were trying to max out effigy/slay xp.

They don't drop charms or effigys, not great slay xp and I can make much better money at frosts. Not worth doing just for a few d boots lol

Bbk.png

They don't drop charms or effigys, not great slay xp and I can make much better money at frosts. Not worth doing just for a few d boots lol

Took the words right out of my fingers

aribiterspar3.png

wow..this thread has really slowed down...

anyway about the effigy monster list vex posted above, the good charm droppers like Greater Demons, Dust Devils, Skeletal Wyverns, Waterfiends, Nechryael, should all thses be skip just coz they dont have good effigy drop rate. Never knew effigys were this overpowered. :shock:

It is roughly 1/100k if you do the following list, possibly less if you cut out abyssal demons, however you will make a loss gp wise.

[hide]

Blocked

Jungle Strykewyrms

Desert Strykewyrms

Fire Giants

Warped Tortoise

Gargoyles

Aquanites (Not unlocked)

(Gargoyles are blocked due to their high frequency assigned, however due to the ease of the task, Waterfiends may be a more viable option to block - same goes for Fire Giants and Warped Torts, they could be replaced with a more frequent task.)

Cancel

Spiritual Mages

Greater Demons

Dust Devils

Skeletal Wyverns

TzHaar (Non fight cave)

Terror Dogs

Suqah

Living Rock Creatures

Waterfiends

Nechryael

Blue Dragons

Kalphite (After Do No Evil - need to test kill rate here)

These are from top to bottom - the priority order in which to cancel. (Assumes normal magicks)

Allow: In order from fastest to slowest effigies

Black Dragons

Bloodvelds

Black Demons

Steel Dragons

Hellhounds

Mithril Dragons

Ice Strykewyrm

Aberrant Spectres

Dark Beasts

Dagannoths

Iron Dragons

Abyssal Demons* (Could be substituted for Kalphite with the new spot (haven't tested there yet)

With 1 additional task I was able to gain more points than I spent, so with this list it "should" break even.

[/hide]

figures on my log so far from the monsters on that do list. I cant kill ice strykes yet, never had a mith drag task, not had any black drags in the log and forgot to record data for my only steel drag task (didnt give an effigy).

bloodveld 0 from 770

black demons 1 from 681

hellhounds 0 from 1113

aberrant spectres 1 from 1160

dark beasts 2 from 387

dagannoth 0 from 735

iron drags 1 from 203

abyssal demons 0 from 210

Hmm doesnt look ALL that bad actually, well so long as you stare at the dark beasts figure anyway. However there are 700+ each with no effigy from basilisks (very good slay xp but seem to have been left behind the door when the effigies got handed out), banshees, nechryael, fire giants and cave crawlers as well as the ones on that list, plus various rare tasks that havent given any either.

Something that top player watchers may be amused with.

creamofthecrop.png

This is an average of the 1100+ people in the high level forum.

Me? I'm proud to bring the averages down accross the board. :lol:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

They also don't drop normal charms, which for the top players, would matter.

However if charms didn't matter. let' say you kill the Ket's & Xil's 50/50. 149 combat vs 133 giving an average of 141. This would give roughly a 1/650 or so rate. Kill rate would be what, 200 per/hr?

It's certainly better than the Nech/Garg/Blues/Waterfiends time/effigy, however still not going to be fast enough to make the shortlist for top players, especially with the lack of charms. If you don't value charms, i'd say it's not a bad option, (depending on what kill rate you can achieve & what the loot is like)

For me personally there are a couple of tasks I wouldn't skip in future, however for testing, I had to.

Blue Dragons - 1.5m gp/hr on Bones - Effigy rate in the similar area to Nech's/Gargs/Watefiends - close to 300 kills an hour (so in that little category it would be, (Blues > Gargs > Nechs > Waterfiends which assumes you are maxed)

I would do Gargoyles over Nechs due to 1) the travel time 2) the effort involved (manually scrolling titan & gathering non-aggressive mobs, as opposed to, stand there and go make a coffee)

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I just want to make a couple points.

-If you are putting Gargs above Nechs in terms of convenience, then you should take that into account for Blue Dragons. If you don't want to bank at blue dragons, you need to bring quite a few summoning potions just to get all the bones (ignoring the hides). It's constant clicking for mediocre numbers basically.

-Tzhaar numbers are off. From time trials I took, I killed around 90 Tzhaars every 20 minutes for an hourly killrate of 270. Also, at this rate I was killing one level 133 for every 3-4 level 149s, which is an average combat of about 145. Using your formula that comes to an effigy every 151 minutes, which is not bad at all. Yes, they don't drop charms, but whether or not this is important in the long run depends on the individual player's summoning experience and tasklist. Also, there was an entry in Tezz's adventure log for an effigy off the 149, though I don't know whether he regularly does them. Remember that if your tasks are ~100 Tzhaar it will take 7 tasks per effigy compared to 2-4 tasks for many other monsters.

I just do Jad tasks for Tzhaars because I don't need charms and I value some stockpiled fire capes more than a chance at an effigy. The exp is too fast to skip under these considerations.

2496 Completionist

I've had 2 effigie in my last 5 tzhaar tasks. Doesn't say anytihing of course, but I ilke them. I also collect the obby charms, which translates to 1.5m money saved per hour (not using water tallies => 6k saved). Combine this with the tokkul and other drops, and they are pretty decent all round.

creamofthecrop.png

Me too, bring down the averages a lot in most categories except xp/hr.

Am on phone so forgive me for no quotes and dodgy typin Inc.

Amethyst. Those numbers you posted from those tasks don't look out of the ordinary to me. As for basilisks kuradel doesn't assign those so they do fall out of focus for most people.

Jet & bed

I'm still unsure about blue drags to ve honest. I only got 2 tasks of them. And I forgot I had to bank even with just doing bones. Something I don't like doing. However due to that cluster o specified it does give some flexibility to people in making their lit. Perhaps in fuure if I have the points I won't do any.

As for tzhaar I have limited experience with them and did not know the kill rate was so high. Any more info like that can be really helpful. As you can understand trying to find info and collect data for at least half of kuradelss assigns takes time and i''m only doin it by myself. So thanks for the tzhaar info. I also need to check out rates at the new kalphite spot. Again this could shuffle the list around.

Anyway I guess this discussion is quite relevant to the topic in hand due to the significance of effigies in 200m skills.

Any random out of place words.. thAnk apples auto correcter lol

qjDiz.png

creamofthecrop.png

There's a maxed player with only 42 quests done?

I'm shocked..

Choofer.png