200M in all Skills

Makilio

Very nice paperbag!

Yeah just play a little casual now i would say? 2 hours a day? I'm just saying ;p

And drum, how exactly did elvis earned his money? Probably merching but that isn't really unfair i would say?

Btw Elias really is keeping a nice pace in slayer and getting nice effigys, wonder what he is gonna use them on.

backgroundsignature.png

Drumgun, since I'm quitting for a bit after achieving my long-term goal of 99 Fishing, I was looking to give away 20M. You weren't online in private chat, so I couldn't donate to you, so I gave to friends. Sorry. :oops:

By the way, Week, I believe he was referring to Telmomarques scamming oops I mean honest merch-claning his way to billions. Elvis, as far as I know, is legitimate. :mrgreen:

Good job Paperbag!

Whatever you decide to do from now on is up to you, but don't forget that getting 2B xp is a very impressive achievement. Good luck with IRL stuff, talk to you in-game (or not!).

In other news...

Telmomarques has dumped a bunch of effigies, reclaiming rank 5 from Elvis.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Not sure how Elvis done it but let's be honest, anyone who makes so many billions in a reasonably short amount period of time has likely not done it in a 'fair' way (depends if you count ge merching as fair).

Irl merching is different. You really need to make an effort to make money with it, like make selling adverts, feedback, making packages for each object and put em on mail, etc. Rs merching has nothing to do with being intelligent enough to do it or not, which is only proven by the fact that so many people do it. Pre ge there was atleast some skill involved making money by merching (though alot of money was made by scamming aswell I'm sure), but it's unlikely that people like Elvis made their money during that period. If so, and done in all honest ways, then kudos to him and whoever else.

However, most made their major money with putting offer in wait 4 hours sell for higher repeat oops I mean ge merching. It has taken away a big part of Rs that used to make it interesting ---> effort. Things like 200m prayer/herb should be about people who truly love the skill, not for people who just abused oops I mean flip merched in the ge alot who just want easy exp to make themselves look good on highscores, MOST LIKELY with the purpose of making themselves feel 'pro', people worshipping them etc. I believe that's what they call the spirit of the game. So yeah, should have never been made possible to make that much money for so little effort, imo. 200m prayer/herb are huge achievements, and imo you have to really earn them (aka make big effort for it). Can't blame the people who made use of ge merching though - don't get me wrong :P but yeah that did take away a big reason why I chose to play Rs instead of other games.

If you cannot appericiate that thought then I would really like to hear from a non top contender who isn't easily impressed by big exp gains and high exp stats what it is that still makes Rs interesting if you take away the difficulty of it. And yes, part of that has been allowing people to make so much money by merching which takes little to no effort. Note that you must also consider that there are games other than Rs out there which might be more fun to play if it's not longer about difficulty. Like yeah, I'm sure the graphics are ok, I'm also sure it's pretty fun to play Rs. but there are most likely games out there which beat Rs on both of that. So, why still go for Rs and not for them other games? :o

@Nick: That's ok buddy, thanks for thinking of me though! (and gratz on 99 fish!) :smile:

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Flipping isn't "abuse" of the GE though, it's a required economic function. Without flip merchers the GE would be a completely unstable and utterly chaotic trading environment where prices fluctuate millions by the second and trading is a lot less convenient.

There's a culture in RS today of being able to buy and sell anything instantly. As players wishing to conduct instant trades naturally rarely coincide, there needs to be players buying from the people who want to sell instantly and selling to the people who want to buy instantly.

As there's nothing bad about it, by not flipping you're only really harming yourself, and increasing the profits of those who do choose to flip.

Of course, you could make the argument that it is only design flaws in the GE that make flipping required - but as the game stands, it is required, so you may as well take advantage of it.

Without flip merchers the GE would be a completely unstable and utterly chaotic trading environment where prices fluctuate millions by the second and trading is a lot less convenient.

That is complete [cabbage] you don't need middle men to make the ge work.

Congrats paperbag on 2bil xp (:

Flipping is a "required function" of the G.E.? Come on get a better argument than that. The rest of your statement makes more sense but i disagree that is "fair" Just my opinion ;-)

Grats on 2bil exp Paperbag!! Definately take care of the IRL issues, and gl with that man.

Kjarqu.png

Not sure how Elvis done it but let's be honest, anyone who makes so many billions in a reasonably short amount period of time has likely not done it in a 'fair' way (depends if you count ge merching as fair).

Irl merching is different. You really need to make an effort to make money with it, like make selling adverts, feedback, making packages for each object and put em on mail, etc. Rs merching has nothing to do with being intelligent enough to do it or not, which is only proven by the fact that so many people do it. Pre ge there was atleast some skill involved making money by merching (though alot of money was made by scamming aswell I'm sure), but it's unlikely that people like Elvis made their money during that period. If so, and done in all honest ways, then kudos to him and whoever else.

However, most made their major money with putting offer in wait 4 hours sell for higher repeat oops I mean ge merching. It has taken away a big part of Rs that used to make it interesting ---> effort. Things like 200m prayer/herb should be about people who truly love the skill, not for people who just abused oops I mean flip merched in the ge alot who just want easy exp to make themselves look good on highscores, MOST LIKELY with the purpose of making themselves feel 'pro', people worshipping them etc. I believe that's what they call the spirit of the game. So yeah, should have never been made possible to make that much money for so little effort, imo. 200m prayer/herb are huge achievements, and imo you have to really earn them (aka make big effort for it). Can't blame the people who made use of ge merching though - don't get me wrong :P but yeah that did take away a big reason why I chose to play Rs instead of other games.

If you cannot appericiate that thought then I would really like to hear from a non top contender who isn't easily impressed by big exp gains and high exp stats what it is that still makes Rs interesting if you take away the difficulty of it. And yes, part of that has been allowing people to make so much money by merching which takes little to no effort. Note that you must also consider that there are games other than Rs out there which might be more fun to play if it's not longer about difficulty. Like yeah, I'm sure the graphics are ok, I'm also sure it's pretty fun to play Rs. but there are most likely games out there which beat Rs on both of that. So, why still go for Rs and not for them other games? :o

@Nick: That's ok buddy, thanks for thinking of me though! (and gratz on 99 fish!) :smile:

That's a lot of judging and stating your own opinions as fact. Especially from someone who usually is the target of it, thought at least you'd know better.

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

flipping is kinda required

basicly that middle man is doing you a service, instead of waiting for like 2 huors to buy, you can buy your item instantly for their price, buy maybe pay 100k more, so in a sense you paid 100k mroe the the merchant but he saved you 2 hours of waiting by connecting the seller to the buyer and holding the item for the time in between

a_final_name.png

Flipping is imitating market makers to an extent. It creates liquidity(the ease to sell) in the market. If people never merched, it'd be very hard to sell anything quickly. This is basic economics that works in the rl, not some random made-up [cabbage] lol.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Here's the updated Milestones chart.

I'm pretty sure the 100M and 200M is accurate as of today. The 50M xp is harder to track since I would need to look up every player over 650M xp to be 100% sure. Any corrections will be noted and adjusted in the future, if possible, drop me a PM.

Changes since february 2nd are in bold

Players with the most skills over 50M xp

1- Zarfot 19 skills

2- Elvis 18 skills

3- Skiller 16 skills

4- Elias 15 skills

5- Kingduffy 15 skills

6- Lan 14 skills

7- Jdelacroix 13 skills

8- Telmomarques 13 skills

Players with most skills over 100M xp (expect major changes during the next update with skiller, jdelacroix, telmomarques and elvis closing in on milestones)

1- Skiller 12 skills

2- Drumgun 11 skills

3- Jdelacroix 10 skills

4- Telmomarques 9 skills

5- Erw J 9 skills

6- Elvis 9 skills

7- Paperbag 9 skills

Players with most skills at 200M xp (suomi should grab rank 2 in the next update)

1- Drumgun 9 skills

2- Jdelacroix 7 skills

3- Telmomarques 7 skills

4- Paperbag 7 skills

5- Suomi 7 skills

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Flipping is imitating market makers to an extent. It creates liquidity(the ease to sell) in the market. If people never merched, it'd be very hard to sell anything quickly. This is basic economics that works in the rl, not some random made-up [cabbage] lol.

Or maybe those people who want to sell quick and who sell below med would sell their items to those people who need it badly and who pay above med.

Or maybe those people who want to sell quick and who sell below med would sell their items to those people who need it badly and who pay above med.

If they sold it for a higher price, they might not be able to sell it instantly.

If you assume that someone who really wants to buy it happens to buy at the same time as someone who really wants to sell sells.

What he's saying is that ge merchants in a way provide a service by doing transactions that one might otherwise have to wait for.

satan_panda.png

I think Suomi was once secretly a rich stock trader who made one bad trade and is now wiping away his sorrows through Runescape.

I think people that come here just to troll the top players should stop coming here so we can have meaningful discussion. I'm getting really tired of all of these lolthisguyhasnolifeheissosad posts every page.

I agree with Losing, I enjoy reading this thread and it was much better when people didn't judge others every page. If a mod is reading this, this thread needs to be monitored a bit more closely.

Low_C.png

I agree with Losing, I enjoy reading this thread and it was much better when people didn't judge others every page. If a mod is reading this, this thread needs to be monitored a bit more closely.

This. I wish there was a way to restrict posting on this thread to only Langer and verified top players. So much trolling and so many asinine discussions/posts.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Thanx for the vote of confidence Obt.

On topic:

Expect Elias to reach 2,1B xp very soon...or as soon as he logs out. Edit : he did log out and reached 2,1B xp.

Suomi should reach 2B xp tomorrow or in two days.

Jdelacroix will probably reach 2,4B xp before the week-end.

Kingduffy could reach 1,9B xp before the week-end, but nothing is set in stone with the King.

After weeks of relative quiet, a lot of players are reaching minor milestones also (50M-100M skills).

langerkiller.png

Thanx for the vote of confidence Obt.

On topic:

Expect Elias to reach 2,1B xp very soon...or as soon as he logs out. Edit : he did log out and reached 2,1B xp.

Suomi should reach 2B xp tomorrow or in two days.

Jdelacroix will probably reach 2,4B xp before the week-end.

Kingduffy could reach 1,9B xp before the week-end, but nothing is set in stone with the King.

After weeks of relative quiet, a lot of players are reaching minor milestones also (50M-100M skills).

Not sure if you got paperbag at 2B Xp!

and how long do you think it'll take Tezz to reach the 2B mark.

Edit: Also looks like telmo dumped effigies to reclaim rank 2, yay for 7.1m Rc Xp, although will most likely be short lived unless he does prayer/herb.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101