Real life help & advice

Abc1230

Okay I'm probably being paranoid, but I need advice.

My mom went to drop off my brother. I talked to my brother on my mom's cell for a little bit. No problems.

Two hours later, The phone rings, but cuts off suddenly just before I pick it up. I checked to see who called. It came from my mom's cell phone.(It takes two hours to get to my dad's house, and right when they should of got there the call that was cut off was made.)I try calling back, no answer. I left a message, and waited 20 minutes. Nothing. I try calling again, nothing. She answered her phone and let me talk to her and my brother earlier no problem... but now, nothing. My dad is... violent, to be blunt. He also owns several guns, and hates my mother, my brother and me with a passion. We are also taking him to court to try and get custody of my brother. I'm afraid my dad did something to them.

What do you guys think I should do?

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png

My mom went to drop off my brother. I talked to my brother on my mom's cell for a little bit. No problems.

Two hours later, The phone rings, but cuts off suddenly just before I pick it up. I checked to see who called. It came from my mom's cell phone.(It takes two hours to get to my dad's house, and right when they should of got there the call that was cut off was made.)I try calling back, no answer. I left a message, and waited 20 minutes. Nothing. I try calling again, nothing. She answered her phone and let me talk to her and my brother earlier no problem... but now, nothing. My dad is... violent, to be blunt. He also owns several guns, and hates my mother, my brother and me with a passion. We are also taking him to court to try and get custody of my brother. I'm afraid my dad did something to them.

Get yourself or someone you know to the house as fast as they can to see if anything's happening.

Get yourself or someone you know to the house as fast as they can to see if anything's happening.

Everyone I know lives two hours or more away from him... I'll try calling his house and see if he answers.

EDIT- No answer...

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png

Everyone I know lives two hours or more away from him... I'll try calling his house and see if he answers.

EDIT- No answer...

That could be bad. Get someone out there ASAP, it doesn't matter, cops, a friend, even yourself if you can drive.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Indeed, I know you might be being a bit paranoid, but if you really think something might have happened then you should contact the police, even anonymously. I'd do it from a payphone or a pay-as-you-go mobile so the call won't be on any sort of records (y'know, just in case).

Even if it turned out to be nothing, the police will be happy at that fact.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

And on that note, I'm nearly failing Spanish 3, due to slacking off in previous years. Does anyone know of a good way to catch up on old vocabulary? (I guess I could go with blunt memorization, but its so boring!)

A helpful website for vocab is www.quizlet.com - You make your own definitions and words, then you can play games or have online flashcards. Just try it out. :) I use it all the time for Japanese and I end up getting full marks in vocab tests.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Umm I took off my plugs today because I wanted to try on a new earring. The little plastic ring that holds the plug in place just went into my ear and I can't get it out. I can't put my plug back in now...

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Umm I took off my plugs today because I wanted to try on a new earring. The little plastic ring that holds the plug in place just went into my ear and I can't get it out. I can't put my plug back in now...

I would advise going to see your doctor.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

This might be a Sophomore Slump, but I am going to get 3 [bleep]ing B's on my report card. I am quite disgusted with myself. I don't think your GPA is affected until after throwing in your second quarter and exam averages right?

You think a Sophomore Slump is bad, just wait until you get Senioritis. I have 3 C's right now. :wall:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I would advise going to see your doctor.

Got it out with tweezers, painfully though.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I'm sorry if this is incredibly vague, but how does one become socially "normal". I kinda just realized that I'm essentially a loner and I don't really know why :/ I'm turning 17 tomorrow and the last time I "hung out" with anybody was at my friend's 11th birthday party (I was 11 too). I can't just go to a mall or something and "hang out" or whatever you're supposed to do. I have no form of transportation other than by foot and I wouldn't know what to do once I got in a social situation. There are people in my school that acknowledge my esixtance, but I don't know if I would really call them friends. I'm sick of playing runescape 24/7 but I don't have anything else to do. Help?

I'm sorry if this is incredibly vague, but how does one become socially "normal". I kinda just realized that I'm essentially a loner and I don't really know why :/ I'm turning 17 tomorrow and the last time I "hung out" with anybody was at my friend's 11th birthday party (I was 11 too). I can't just go to a mall or something and "hang out" or whatever you're supposed to do. I have no form of transportation other than by foot and I wouldn't know what to do once I got in a social situation. There are people in my school that acknowledge my esixtance, but I don't know if I would really call them friends. I'm sick of playing runescape 24/7 but I don't have anything else to do. Help?

It seems like you just keep asking questions exactly like this. :?

and never getting answers ;_;

I am pretty damn sure people have given you answers.

I am pretty damn sure people have given you answers.

"Make friends and be social"... yeah...

Edit:

Nevermind, I'm pretty much trolling at this point >.>

Vague indeed, I'll take a shot at this one.. Like you I'd consider myself pretty "socially awkward" I'd rather stay home most of the time by myself doing my own thing rather then outside with others. Although I've made an honest effort to go outside the comfort zone I still haven't broken the habit entirely. It's something I've done over a period of time.

I guess what I'm getting at is we have our reasons for being this way, what's yours? Better yet, why do you want to/need to change? Introvert -> Extrovert is pretty damn tough lemme tell you. Find a strong reason why you want to change rather then your tired of playing Runescape 24/7 and chances are you'll have the motivation to start somewhere.

The best advice I could give you is to take it in strides, and that small talk here and there can work wonders. If your invited to go see a movie, give it a shot; it's one of those places you can enjoy yourself and also work on these sort of things. I understand not having no form of transportation so consider getting a job. Maybe not one that will put you in the spotlight at all times but something minor, it could even be part-time. You'd gain a little social experience, money, and eventually some mode of transportation. Chances are you'll make some good friends working there too. All around a win if you ask me.

I stumbled upon this link awhile back, give it a read; it might help you out some:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/09/risk-vs-reward-in-human-relationships/

*Here's hoping I helped a bit.* :smile:

People tend to stay away from me. I honestly have no idea why. It isn't as bad as it used to be, that is, I can ask somebody for help in school or something, but nobodoy has ever approached me for anything (not exagerating). The movie invite isn't going to happen :P Getting a job is a great idea... but I don't have any way to get to that job :/ There is really nothing in walking distance around here. I guess I'm asking how to get outside of my comfort zone, not if I should. The link pretty much just says that you should take risks, but it doesn't say how to. How did you break the habit? Did you just get really lucky or something and were in the right place at the right time?

If you're just going to call me a troll, please don't comment T_T (Not you, pk :P)

People tend to stay away from me. I honestly have no idea why. It isn't as bad as it used to be, that is, I can ask somebody for help in school or something, but nobodoy has ever approached me for anything (not exagerating). The movie invite isn't going to happen :P Getting a job is a great idea... but I don't have any way to get to that job :/ There is really nothing in walking distance around here. I guess I'm asking how to get outside of my comfort zone, not if I should. The link pretty much just says that you should take risks, but it doesn't say how to. How did you break the habit? Did you just get really lucky or something and were in the right place at the right time?

If you're just going to call me a troll, please don't comment T_T (Not you, pk :P)

I won't lie to you and say it was a miracle overnight solution that magically changed my life for the better. And unfortunately my "habit" hasn't still subsided. No, it was nothing amazing, nor was it some "sure-fire" way of becoming Mr. Popular. It might've been luck, but I've never believed in it.

I won't bore you with a long drawn out story, but the simple reason is I saw a chance, a risk, an opportunity; and took it. I always enjoyed helping people, and in school you'll always come across one person who doesn't know something. Chances are your school has some kids that are seeking help, maybe you can offer it. It doesn't have to be tutoring, it can be anything.

One of the things you said is that nobody has ever approached you for anything; stupid question, but have you ever considered approaching them? I was never good at this either, if you want to try this without any real humilitation I'd suggest trying to start and continue a conversation on Omegle. Small risk but there's a great reward if you ask me.

*I sat here for twenty minutes trying to think of something amazing to say to continue the flow of this message, but it's not coming to me...* :wall:

Bottom line: Listen, your going to F*** up at some point getting out of that comfort zone, and the sooner you can accept that the better off you'll be. (I screwed up pretty bad at times and how you get out of the comfort zone do it is completely up to you, I can't answer it for you) But have fun doing it, getting out of that comfort zone I mean. As long as you fail foward (learning from it all) you'll just laugh at off later telling those friends of yours what you did to get where you are today.

(Boy, 5 posts in one day... I better get back to lurking soon.)

• 2 weeks later...

sleeping_kitty.jpg

Anyone know what breed of cat this is?

Ask Th3 in all seriousness, he might know. he's a vet.

Anyone ever written a college Summary\reaction paper before for English? I have no idea what it is; our prof won't tell us and google is confusing.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge