Real life help & advice

Abc1230

Get a degree... Best thing you could possibly do for yourself. Don't worry about the cash now, and just go back to school. If you're really, really, REALLY stuck, join the army for some years and have them pay for college. But really, just get a loan and get your degree in whatever.

guido_49.png

You cant just "Get a Loan", we still need income to pay it off, otherwise you get the debt collectors on your back. Army wont pay for college at all unless its in the job you apply for (and there's not alot of jobs left either in the defence force) as for school, finished year 12, I am not returning back THERE [shudders]

Popoto.~<3

You cant just "Get a Loan", we still need income to pay it off, otherwise you get the debt collectors on your back. Army wont pay for college at all unless its in the job you apply for (and there's not alot of jobs left either in the defence force) as for school, finished year 12, I am not returning back THERE [shudders]

Too bad. The army in the US pays for tuition if you join them and give a certain number of years of service. Just noticed you're AUS though.

Really the only option(s) is to:

a. Find a job wherever you want to go to uni at and just work/school at the same time. It'll be tough but sometimes [cabbage] needs to be done.

b. Apply for a uni loan and have your parents co-sign it. Not sure how it is in AUS but you can usually get a fine loan, just make sure you can get a job while at uni to save up.

c. Take a year off of school, find a job and then there later. I took a year off (well a semester technically because I didn't like my 1st pick of college) and being able to work during that time helped a lot.

For the past week or so, I havent been sleeping much -- maybe 2,3 hours a night. Havent felt the effects yet, but it's getting annoying staring at the walls.

Anyone have any advice ? Please dont say go see a doctor, it's not a big deal.

Get some good Earphones, some ambient music, lay back on the bed with the lights off, close your eyes and try to relate it to any past experience you've ever had (that make sence with what you're listening to). You might not fall asleep that way, but it helps me, you should give it a try.

16185_s.gif

Whenever that happens to me, I just close my eyes and try to visualize absolute darkness - then count. Just keep counting as high as you can. Other thoughts might get in the way and lead you off course, but that's what I always do when I can't get to sleep.

What's the difference between sarcasm and irony? I remember my teacher telling me that sarcasm was the 'mean version of irony'.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Try getting some extra exercise in the day, that alone should help you sleep better.

That's very true. Breaking your normal habit makes you tired later on.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What's the difference between sarcasm and irony? I remember my teacher telling me that sarcasm was the 'mean version of irony'.

There's verbal irony, situational irony, and dramatic irony. Verbal irony is produced intentionally by the speaker. Situational irony is when something doesn't happen the expected way (for example, a man breaks his leg, is taken into an ambulance, the ambulance dashes away, the doors open, the man falls out and is hit by a car. It's ironic because what was supposed to help him out just made it worse). Dramatic irony is when you know something that the character doesn't know (you know where the bad guy is hiding in a horror movie, and the protagonist, not knowing that he's there, attempts to escape in that direction).

Sarcasm only fits in the verbal umbrella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

There's verbal irony, situational irony, and dramatic irony. Verbal irony is produced intentionally by the speaker. Situational irony is when something doesn't happen the expected way (for example, a man breaks his leg, is taken into an ambulance, the ambulance dashes away, the doors open, the man falls out and is hit by a car. It's ironic because what was supposed to help him out just made it worse). Dramatic irony is when you know something that the character doesn't know (you know where the bad guy is hiding in a horror movie, and the protagonist, not knowing that he's there, attempts to escape in that direction).

Sarcasm only fits in the verbal umbrella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

So sarcasm is just a version of verbal irony used for the intent of offending?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Not necessarily to offend, but always to deride or criticize.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Not necessarily to offend, but always to deride or criticize.

Ah okay, so could you give me an example of verbal irony and then an example of sarcasm so that I can tell the difference?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Understatement: "Whatever, it's only cancer." (no ridicule)

Sarcasm: "You plan on working at McDonald's all your life? Well, it does have a pretty outstanding salary." (lots of ridicule)

Both of those fall into verbal irony.

Cool yourself down massively then once your freezing cold jump under the covers. Generally works for me

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Shut down your computer, and lie in your bed in darkness.

It's a start.

Tried that already, [except the computer part]. Didnt work.

Too much to think about. Do you think it might be caused by stress or anxiety ? I think it might be.

I'm actually studying, and have TIF open on the side. 2:12 AM.

Also: when you think of sarcasm, think of me!

No, actually, you're one of the least caustic people on this board if you ask me. Whenever you say something funny, it's never making fun of someone.

Shut down your computer, and lie in your bed in darkness.

It's a start.

Tried that already, [except the computer part]. Didnt work.

Too much to think about. Do you think it might be caused by stress or anxiety ? I think it might be.

I'm actually studying, and have TIF open on the side. 2:12 AM.

That's your problem, too much activity before trying to sleep.

A few of the worst things are T.V, studying and being on the computer before sleeping. Try reading something that is not studying before going to sleep.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Also: when you think of sarcasm, think of me!

No, actually, you're one of the least caustic people on this board if you ask me. Whenever you say something funny, it's never making fun of someone.

I must be being too subtle. I'm horrifyingly sarcastic in real life.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream