Real life help & advice

Abc1230

Me and a pal are going to go to a restaruant and eat this big [wagon] pizza they have. Its huge and we have a time limit. It's like man vs. food, but it's team doubles becase you get a partner. Plus you have to have 2 toppings of your choice. (we are doing bacon or ham and green peppers).

SO anyway, it is going down Friday night, today is Wednesday night. I would like advice on what to eat before and how to train.

Today has already happened and I didn't eat much (cereal, chicken+fries and apple juice). Tomorrow I am going to eat very lightly and then on Friday I am going to eat nothing at all, only drink water. Is this respectable?

P.S. I also run track so I run a lot every day after school.

TBH you should eat a medium breakfast I think. If you eat nothing all day, you will get full fairly fast. How long is the time limit?

Mmm 30 minutes. It's not a behemoth pizza but it is respectable size. And on Friday do a medium breakfast? Cereal?

If you eat lightly for the few days before your stomach will shrink, the reason the more you eat the larger of an appetite you have is because your stomach expands and shrinks, you gotta eat a decent amount up until friday, but try to keep it with food that's high fiber and that'll get out of your system within a decent amount of time.

What you should have done to prepare for the pizza on friday is eaten a medium size breakfast this morning, skip lunch, and eat a large dinner tonight and repeat this for tomorrow, then on friday eat a small/medium breakfast and again skip lunch. And make sure to take a large poop on friday before the big event. :) I'm 6' 175 lbs and I can eat more in one sitting than pretty much everyone I know because I have expanded my stomach by eating an average of 1.5 large meals a day. Last school year I'd eat a buffet for breakfast and dinner one day, then just one for lunch the next, and kept alternating. So yeah, if you just try and starve yourself until the pizza then you're pretty much sol from the beginning.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend an online article that is 3000 words (or more) that is interesting to read?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Can anyone recommend an online article that is 3000 words (or more) that is interesting to read?

Well that depends what is interesting to you. and what kind of article, like an academic one? Well I'm guessing you don't have access to any online article databases...

rosssigfinal.jpg

Well that depends what is interesting to you. and what kind of article, like an academic one? Well I'm guessing you don't have access to any online article databases...

If you're looking for an online article, find one with an interesting abstract using Google Scholar and send me the url, I get free access to all sorts scientific magazine sites. If you're looking for an article about anything... regular Google.

hiccup.png

Try damn interesting. Some of the longer articles may be up to 3k words, only problem is they don't post new articles much anymore.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Thanks guys!

I'll have a look at damn interesting and Google Scholar tonight after school :)

Anything interests me, excluding politics.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

If you're looking for an online article, find one with an interesting abstract using Google Scholar and send me the url, I get free access to all sorts scientific magazine sites. If you're looking for an article about anything... regular Google.

Yeah, I was gonna say if you find soemthing I can try and get it for you, but you sister probably could too though?

I recently had to read this.. Kind of interesting, but kinda of funny at the same time. Well, actually, its really not that interesting.

Is this for english or something?

rosssigfinal.jpg

Yeah, but it's not compulsory to read an online article. I've always wanted to read an online article - I printed one off today about the misconceptions of the big bang theory.

I'm not sure if my sister can access that stuff, I don't really talk to her anymore.

..Sex with the natives?!

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Yeah, but it's not compulsory to read an online article. I've always wanted to read an online article - I printed one off today about the misconceptions of the big bang theory.

I'm not sure if my sister can access that stuff, I don't really talk to her anymore.

..Sex with the natives?!

Yeah its funny, she talks about her romantic involvement with a revolutionary militant, and how it influenced her later research.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Ok, damn interesting is amazing.

Oh, and what are some good chess-help sites? For tutorials, help on strategy and such? Thusfar I've just been playing through using my own ideas, but I figure learning from people who really understand things could help a lot.

Oh, and it has to be free.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

(Just going to bump this after nearly a month of inactivity :smile: )

Well, I'm weighing the pros and cons of going part time at my work. Setting aside the lower paychecks I can't really find any other downside..

I'm able to budget my expenses well, and at the moment don't have my own car and am living at home; so my expenses are pretty much down to food/social/entertainment needs. Although I'll be looking to get a car soon. I'm also looking to going back to school after some time off, although I'm not sure how fast that will eat away at my savings.

I was thinking about going from 40+ hours a week to ~25. At the end of August I'll have been with this job for two years, but I don't see myself going anywhere with it. I intended to go part-time, go back to school and start to look for a better job/career elsewhere. I'm hoping to have everything in order and a decision made within a month or two (or sooner).

Anyone go through something similar, or have any advice?

I have friends in similar situations. They generally work full-time when they're not doing school, and part-time during. Hell, that's what my family does and did. You will certainly need a lot saved up for school, because lots of stuff pops up that you didn't anticipate.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I have friends in similar situations. They generally work full-time when they're not doing school, and part-time during. Hell, that's what my family does and did. You will certainly need a lot saved up for school, because lots of stuff pops up that you didn't anticipate.

Yeah, school is definitely not cheap these days but in the long run I believe it'll pay off. Now I gotta go and try and get some ballpark figures and hope the savings account with hold up. :razz:

I get payed $8 an hour, but only on weekends. I'm still in school, so that takes up a good chunk of my time on its own. Is it worth looking for a second job so I can work the occasional weekday, or should I handle school and the one job as is? The one job is exhausitng, but I could use the money.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'd say to stick with what you have at the moment. You could go for a second job if you really need the money, but I found a job + school to be too much of an annoyance.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Going to college next fall; unemployed. Tips on what I should do this summer?

Get a job and a lover

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Going to college next fall; unemployed. Tips on what I should do this summer?

Preparation. Become a badass.

Workwise, I would do something manual labor. Don't you live in the Midwest? I'm sure you can find a farm or something. Even lumber yards - I might be working at one this summer. You'll get tanned, muscley, and feel better about yourself.

That reminds me, I'm rebuilding a section of our fence tomorrow. I'm off most of the day, and it's my surprise for my parents - me and my dad were going to do it this weekend, but we already have all the stuff. Gonna tear out the old, put in the new, paint everything ... It'll be nice. Gonna have to get up pretty early.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Nice. So far I've mowed 2 lawns with a friend of mine. We made $20 per lawn and we still have to print out ads and distribute them.

The grass is looking a little long on my street, so we better get those ads out before they get their mowers.

And yeah, I live near Chicago.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif