Real life help & advice

Abc1230

I ended up paying $100 cause they charged me extra because I didn't want a white vest. Whatever. Not bad as far as I can tell. I'll be sure to post pictures of it in a month when I actually wear it :P

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I need some sort of project this summer, any suggestions?

How much are you willing to spend? A cheap thing to do would be to start a garden. Grow some flowers to make your neighbors jealous or grow some food just because.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I would try a garden if I wasn't spending the majority of my summer in Arizona. It is to hot outside to do anything like that. How much I'm willing to spend, I'd say $200 would be about my limit.

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah I didn't really, I was going for more random ideas, things that I haven't already thought of. I like cycling, soccer, basketball, photography, music, film. I'm trying to prevent myself from sitting in front of my computer all day now that school is done for the year and a couple of my really good friends have went home for the summer. I was thinking I could join a sports team but I go home for the month of June so I wouldn't want to commit to something then disappear for like 3-4 weeks. I'm really just kinda looking for anything really.

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah I didn't really, I was going for more random ideas, things that I haven't already thought of. I like cycling, soccer, basketball, photography, music, film. I'm trying to prevent myself from sitting in front of my computer all day now that school is done for the year and a couple of my really good friends have went home for the summer. I was thinking I could join a sports team but I go home for the month of June so I wouldn't want to commit to something then disappear for like 3-4 weeks. I'm really just kinda looking for anything really.

Well, personally, I'd go for a documentary.

I fell inlove with making those after my first one.

All you need is a camera (preferably of good quality), some tapes, and an editing program of some sort. If you're going hardcore, a tripod, a boom, and some other accesories would make things easier.

EDIT: Actually... with 200$ that's almost impossible.....nevermind.

What kinda budget are you thinking? Is travel an option, it's not really a project, but going somewhere new could be fun.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Well, personally, I'd go for a documentary.

I fell inlove with making those after my first one.

All you need is a camera (preferably of good quality), some tapes, and an editing program of some sort. If you're going hardcore, a tripod, a boom, and some other accesories would make things easier.

EDIT: Actually... with 200$ that's almost impossible.....nevermind.

I'm a film student, I already have a video camera and video editing software. :P

What kinda budget are you thinking? Is travel an option, it's not really a project, but going somewhere new could be fun.

I'm not looking to travel this summer. I traveled last summer and I plan to travel next summer when I'm done with college. I'd be comfortable with spending up to $200 for a new hobby/project.

tFtfA.jpg

project: do something you'll have for later, not just something random. That's what i would do anyway.

ever wanted to learn something? a subject you're interested in? a language, culture, period in history, ideology (like cubism, absurdism, new modernism etc. etc.)? an instrument, a skill, a scientific experiment (what good gum has the longest lasting taste? or something)? Ever wanted to paint, or draw, or scupt, or write? Make a cartoon, script a short film, get in shape, play around with an invention? make a miniature of something (I've heard wave powerplant using magnets was cool) help a charity, build something (sports ranp/ jump is an option)

any of that sound remotely interesting?

I was thinking about trying to learn Greek but that was more of a side thing. Instruments, is a decent idea seeing how I have a guitar and don't really know how to play it. I'm taking a screenwriting class this summer so I'll already have to write a story for that. Making a miniature or a model sounds fun and is something I've never done. I'm already in great shape so I don't really need to worry about fitness at all.

tFtfA.jpg

16 would only make him a year to two years younger than the rest of his class, that's not too bad in my opinion. It's not like th 12 year old my sister had in her calc class or something like that.

There's this kid at my school, at the beginning of this year he was in 6th grade like he should be. They put him in this special program where he's progressing through the grades really fast. By 2nd semester he was here just for math, taking Precalculus. Soon after he was a full-on freshman. Now, 4 months later, he's a junior. I dunno if he'll be able to go fast enough to graduate this year, but its possible I guess.

Now that's all fine and dandy that he's smart, but I don't think it's right to do that. He's 12 and goes to school with a bunch of 16-17 year olds. He has a maturity level far below other peoples and is pretty much seen as a nuisance by all. He isn't being allowed to mature in school at a normal rate with other kids his age.

Anybody in here who is spanish or at least real good at it can help me a bit?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

At a job interview for somewhere like McDonald's, how would you respond to a question at an interview like "Why do you think we should hire you?" or whatever?

Tell them you actually get [cabbage] done?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

At a job interview for somewhere like McDonald's, how would you respond to a question at an interview like "Why do you think we should hire you?" or whatever?

I do not want to sound arrogant, smart-assish, or overqualified. I am thinking of going with something like "I am self motivated and I believe I will integrate smoothly with the flow of things.".

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

You can pretty much write whatever you want, they don't give a [cabbage]. Trust me, I work there. They really hire anyone, there has been some absolute munters get hired where I work, who somehow manage to get through an interview too.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I hate dumb questions like that. Of course everybody's going to sugar [cabbage] coat it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

16 would only make him a year to two years younger than the rest of his class, that's not too bad in my opinion. It's not like th 12 year old my sister had in her calc class or something like that.

There's this kid at my school, at the beginning of this year he was in 6th grade like he should be. They put him in this special program where he's progressing through the grades really fast. By 2nd semester he was here just for math, taking Precalculus. Soon after he was a full-on freshman. Now, 4 months later, he's a junior. I dunno if he'll be able to go fast enough to graduate this year, but its possible I guess.

Now that's all fine and dandy that he's smart, but I don't think it's right to do that. He's 12 and goes to school with a bunch of 16-17 year olds. He has a maturity level far below other peoples and is pretty much seen as a nuisance by all. He isn't being allowed to mature in school at a normal rate with other kids his age.

My Psych teacher's friends had a son who was VERY smart. If he was allowed he could have finished high school AND college by perhaps the age of 14. However, the parents made him stay in the entire time, naturally he got Valedictorian etc. But I'm proud of the parents, while it might be easy to have him essentially skip high school, it is an important maturing factor in many people's lives.

I seriously cannot give you a serious answer. But a fun one would be "don't [cabbage], you act like you have standards." AH MAH GAH. I hate Mcdonalds.

I do not want to sound arrogant, smart-assish, or overqualified. I am thinking of going with something like "I am self motivated and I believe I will integrate smoothly with the flow of things.".

Yeah, no. That sounds really insincere. I mean it is a good idea, but I would suggest some re phrasing. Try and bring up past examples in your life as to why you should be here, like you were in a sense born to do it. However it's very important not to over do it. For example, when asked why should I be hired to a mexican restaurant I just said straight up:

"Well, to make it short (shows you don't fool around.) I've always loved Mexican food, even as a child. And I have interest in taking Spanish classes in college, so this might be a way to prepare for it." Mcdonalds type jobs know you won't be around for long, so show you have a purpose. Saying "I want to prepare for..." shows you have goals, it shows you're motivated but you took more effort to conceal the idea that you're motivated. Does that make sense? If you just say you're smart they'll think you're an idiot, but if you show why you are smart, they will *hopefully* think you're smart. Why are you motivated... "I want to go to a very prestigious college, but hey lets face it college is expensive. And I really want to go there, so I need to start saving now." Try to make some light jokes, interviews are usually nerve-wracking, employers know this so showing you can make jokes/be calm says you can handle pressure. I however was an nervous wreck XD I still got hired though...

Also, try and shove in some qualifying stuff like what I did. At my new job (which I just interviewed for last month) my sister used to work there, and was one of their top workers. The lady asked how did you find out about us/what makes you qualified. I said "Well, I started looking for jobs, and I needed something that had a very fixed schedule, because I knew I'd be there for a long time. I needed a reliable job, because let's face it, times are tough. And so I started researching, you know, phoning a friend, and my sister Audrey said 'well why don't you try out MAP! I used to work there and I loved it! Besides its a great place to work!' Needless to say Ruby (my interviewer) first thing I did was google MAP, and I looked it over. And you are exactly what I need." Then of course she went "I love Audrey! She was an amazing worker!" yada yada, now I work there.

And of course there are better ways of saying it, but I essentially sidestepped the question, inserted a reference, and satisfied her question at the same time. I mean yea I could have said "I'm polite on the phone, I type 60 WPM, I don't loose my cool" etc. etc. etc but then you're just listing attributes, which separates from you. So the person will think "Sam has the ability to type 60 WPM" instead of: "Sam DOES type 60 WPM" Does that make sense? I'm a pretty lousy explainer. Try to work your qualifications into something they can relate to, work it into who you are at your core, instead of something you have the ability to do. (Difference being if you have the ability to, you might not always be able to. Whereas if its part of your core, you will ALWAYS be able to do it.)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Hrm, what about other work places which don't hire [cabbage]loads of people? e.g private businesses

What do they like to hear in your application letters?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Make sure you use proper letter format. Also send them your Curriculum Vitae, most companies ask for that.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Make sure you use proper letter format. Also send them your Curriculum Vitae, most companies ask for that.

Well yeah, but do they prefer it if people are egotastic or do they prefer it if the writer is modest?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well yeah, but do they prefer it if people are egotastic or do they prefer it if the writer is modest?

CVs' dont have a "tone" actually. They're just - "what I've done so far" and "what I intend to do in the future". Nothing more than a list, with where you've worked, for how long, and yeah.