Real life help & advice

Abc1230

I have to write a CV.

Anyone got any tips?

If you want I can send you a template of how mine is layed out, seems to work rather well.

@Rpg, [bleep] slap them until they stop it.

EDIT again: Screenshot it. It's a bit small but hopefully you can manage to see how it works.

[hide=CV-Image]v3oadh.png[/hide]

The delete messages were if you wanted a .doc version of it.

Popoto.~<3

Petrification could be setting in, but I'm probably wrong.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

It's obviously an attempt at a moment of school intergeration. One side messed the others.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

And the fungus is most likely only able to grow on side because of the weather.... (wind blowing, rain etc.)

Maleficus1055 needs to verify me on that one tho!

It's acutally sad he doesn't have a job or go to school lol, ah well, hope the sacrafice was worth it, congratz :?.

^lol

This is a really ignorant question that I really should the answer to, so I figured asking it semi-anonymously on a runescape fansite would minimize the embarassment.

So let's say I'm applying for a job at subway. Do I just ask the cashier for an application, take it home and fill it out, then return it to whatever cashier is there next? Or do I ask to see the manager to fill out my application? Should I include my resume as well? I really don't know how to apply for jobs like these :S

wl7w9j.png

Dress nice obvsly, bring resume if you want. Bring pens, ask for application, fill it out there, and turn it back in. Rly just bring the resume just incase manager is there and is like "lets chat." Nothing irritated me more is peeps coming in, dressed awful, then ask for a pen for their application.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't know who to use as a referee on my CV. I can use maybe one teacher from my school but I can't go back to my work experience place to ask them. It's been 3 years, they won't remember me D;

I think I'll write 'references available on request' on the cv for now. but who should I use?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Anyway you can drop by your prev. work place? (Like is it a restaurant?) I remember people from 7 years ago quite well. People tend not to give the human memory the credit it deserves.

Anyone have a lot of knowledge about cars?

When I turn on the a/c it only blows hot air, however, when I press the button, the light in the button comes on, but not the compressor. And it's always hot air, last night it was kind of chilly, and I had it blow the fan from the outside, and the air was still hot. Ugh. I'm going crazy.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

The AC cooler near the engine is broken. Best to take it to an autozone or something and replace it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Dress nice obvsly, bring resume if you want. Bring pens, ask for application, fill it out there, and turn it back in. Rly just bring the resume just incase manager is there and is like "lets chat." Nothing irritated me more is peeps coming in, dressed awful, then ask for a pen for their application.

So I did that, and went to about seven stores. One had just hired a huge wave of people and said no. One is actually about to open and gave me an application, but said they've already received most applications and started interviewing. The other five were rather large stores (Starbucks, Panera, etc.) and all said to apply online. I have a feeling that means they've already hired their summer teenagers D:

wl7w9j.png

So I did that, and went to about seven stores. One had just hired a huge wave of people and said no. One is actually about to open and gave me an application, but said they've already received most applications and started interviewing. The other five were rather large stores (Starbucks, Panera, etc.) and all said to apply online. I have a feeling that means they've already hired their summer teenagers D:

I think that's what frustrates me most. I apply to places consistently, I forget to apply during 1 month and that month they end up hiring all these new people, I go back in and they say "Sorry we've just hired". They didnt advertise and they probably have 4 copies of my CV too but nope. <_<

Popoto.~<3

Just keep on swimming, just keep swimming. What do you do? We SWIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OH I LOVE TO SWIM OH YES

I applied to Best buy, dream job. They had taken applications, interviewed and hired literally about 15 deadbeats the week before I applied.

Two months later I applied somewhere else, got in immediately. I now make $1 more here starting salary then over there, and I get $300 bonus checks and I don't even sell anything.

Guest TrixStar

Just keep on swimming, just keep swimming. What do you do? We SWIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OH I LOVE TO SWIM OH YES

I applied to Best buy, dream job. They had taken applications, interviewed and hired literally about 15 deadbeats the week before I applied.

Two months later I applied somewhere else, got in immediately. I now make $1 more here starting salary then over there, and I get $300 bonus checks and I don't even sell anything.

Take it as a blessing for the most part bb is a terrible employer.

I dislike...half of the Best Buy employees at my local BB. "Lets ignore him and go out back and chill in the storage room!" >_>

Oh, and Geek Squad. Nuff said.

siggy3s.jpg

I dislike...half of the Best Buy employees at my local BB. "Lets ignore him and go out back and chill in the storage room!" >_>

I would prefer this kind of service over the kind I get at my Best Buy. I can't browse the store without being bombarded by every single worker there asking if I need help.

Guys, how do I stay up at night for extended periods of time ? I've tried caffeine and it doesn't work for me, I have around 5 cups of strong brewed tea a day so I think I've built up a high tolerance level to caffeine. I've tried various energy drink without any real results except being super effective diuretics. So far, going for a run or doing some exercise has proven to be most effective, any suggestions ?

Guys, how do I stay up at night for extended periods of time ? I've tried caffeine and it doesn't work for me, I have around 5 cups of strong brewed tea a day so I think I've built up a high tolerance level to caffeine. I've tried various energy drink without any real results except being super effective diuretics. So far, going for a run or doing some exercise has proven to be most effective, any suggestions ?

Change your sleeping patterns so that you can be awake when you need to.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Water. Drink tons of it. It's the best energy drink there is. And even if it isn't keeping you up, having to pee every ten minutes will.

Turning a hot shower to cold halfway through is also a nice wake-up call.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

To you London dwellers:

How much is an average flat? I am looking for something which would be good for a newbie over there.

You could try this link, I found this site and did a search for flats in the London area for up to £500 p/cm.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM