Real life help & advice

Abc1230

The stuff you gotta use for that stuff has to already be in solid form (unless that picture is from the inside of a beer fridge) so glue and/or paint won't work. You need something that's solid and that melts nicely... plastic sounds perfect to me :thumbup:

Oh okay, I dunno if I can get my hands on some plastic..perhaps I shall try wax? XD

How exactly would I go about creating the dripping part though? Would I just spread some plastic/wax on top of the bust, and then shove it into an oven and watch it melt?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The stuff you gotta use for that stuff has to already be in solid form (unless that picture is from the inside of a beer fridge) so glue and/or paint won't work. You need something that's solid and that melts nicely... plastic sounds perfect to me :thumbup:

Oh okay, I dunno if I can get my hands on some plastic..perhaps I shall try wax? XD

How exactly would I go about creating the dripping part though? Would I just spread some plastic/wax on top of the bust, and then shove it into an oven and watch it melt?

Don't use plastic, you cant be sure if it's a thermoset plastic, or HDPE or LDPE [1-6]. So no, no, plastic.

Use wax, melt it, have it in it's liquid state and then pour it all over it. Then just paint it black. Normal candle wax would work well, I'm thinking. Only thing is, to get those dripping parts make sure you have plenty wax.

So here is my situation. I currently live at home and commute 30 miles each way to college and/or nearly everyday sometimes I go twice a day. My car gets anywhere between 15 and 25 MPG. At $3.00 a gallon, that is roughly 9 bucks in gas a day or 270 a month. This does not include wear and tear on the car such as oil changing and any unforeseen events. The total annual cost in fuel is around $3200.00. That's if it stays around $3.00 a gallon.

I am split between two conditions:

Should I:

A. Continue spending the money to travel the 40 minute/30 mile drive and Indore wear and tear on the car and myself or should I:

B. Get an apartment near my college and reduce the gas usage by over 95%.

I have lived on my own before, well in my uncles basement paying rent and such.

I have located apartments for anywhere between 200 and 500 dollars a month with all utilities included. I am sure I can convince the apartment owners to rent at a cheaper price.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

-bballer

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Is there any student-only accommodations around your college? They can be cheaper if you are not worried about sharing with students. Also, would busses be too long of a journey?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

@bballer, Option B is the better of the two at least in my opinion. Sure, living with relatives/parents isn't a bad way to lower the bills, but you just can't put a price on a man's freedom. I would definitely look into renting an apartment - I mean, if you can somehow negotiate a price lower then $200/month you'd be set. Put the money you save towards a more fuel efficient car or school. :thumbup:

Apartments near colleges will be hard to barter with. There are usually so many students clamoring for housing that they can charge damn near whatever they want. Try and find the best value from the get-go and work from there instead of taking a place beyond your means and hoping to whittle down the price.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Is there any student-only accommodations around your college? They can be cheaper if you are not worried about sharing with students. Also, would busses be too long of a journey?

The nearest bus System is located in Louisville (KY) which is an hour North. My college doesn't have any housing to my knowledge. I am contacting the school tomorrow to see if they have any agreements with local housing areas.

@bballer, Option B is the better of the two at least in my opinion. Sure, living with relatives/parents isn't a bad way to lower the bills, but you just can't put a price on a man's freedom. I would definitely look into renting an apartment - I mean, if you can somehow negotiate a price lower then $200/month you'd be set. Put the money you save towards a more fuel efficient car or school. :thumbup:

When I go with option B, I have to think of food accommodations. I can't live off of Frosted Flakes, Ramen noodles, and Mountian dew for another four years.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

When I go with option B, I have to think of food accommodations. I can't live off of Frosted Flakes, Ramen noodles, and Mountian dew for another four years.

True enough, do you any money set aside or a job to hold you over? Or perhaps friends you could share an apartment with to split costs?

I thought all college students lived off Ramen noodles. :razz:

I've been planning to buy an used bike (I'd mostly use it inside the city), but I don't know anything about them. What should I look into when buying it and what should I know before?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I would say the most important this to know is knowing your frame size. You can figure out your frame size at any bike shop. Other then that make sure to inspect the bike making sure everything looks to be find and in decent/ good condition. Make sure to test ride any bike before you buy so you can get a feel of it cause every bike rides a little different.

tFtfA.jpg

For city biking I recommend a lighter framed bike, with less gears. Mountain bikes are heavy and a pain in the arse to lug around the city. Thinner tires and comfy seats would be a good thing to look for :P

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That is a good point, I would steer clear of a mountain bike. I really never understand why people ride mountain bikes in the city because they've slow, big, and overall impractical for riding in the city imo.

tFtfA.jpg

As a regular commuter and occasional racer I can input my vast amount of knowledge (about the size of a pea). Your options really depend on how much you want to spend, you can easily spend a lot on a new bike. If your mainly going to be riding in town and are not concerned about getting top efficiency out of the bike I would suggest a commuter or hybrid bike. They generally have a frame much like a mountain bike (more upright positioning) but are lighter and have tires that are more suited for town riding-and can be found for a decent price. The other option is to get a lower end road bike, Trek and Specialized make good lower end road bikes starting in the $600 range; stay away from Schwinn at all costs! A road bike will be faster, lighter, and have better control once you get used to it.

The best option is to go into you local bike shop and ask them for advice for your situation. But go to two different local shops before buying to see which store you like better as well as the price, should something go wrong you'll be spending some time there so make sure you like the people who work there.

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

I'm in a dilemma. My friend offered to pay for a tattoo, but only if it's a pot leaf. He said the size of a fist, and I could get it on my back. Tempting.

Depends, would you like Marijuana through out your whole life? You sure you won't get tired of it? Think in the future would you still like it?

See this is why a tribute to a decease is a better tattoo than a I Love (name) tattoo. It's not like that [bleep] is gonna wake up from the dead.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

So here is my situation. I currently live at home and commute 30 miles each way to college and/or nearly everyday sometimes I go twice a day. My car gets anywhere between 15 and 25 MPG. At $3.00 a gallon, that is roughly 9 bucks in gas a day or 270 a month. This does not include wear and tear on the car such as oil changing and any unforeseen events. The total annual cost in fuel is around $3200.00. That's if it stays around $3.00 a gallon.

I am split between two conditions:

Should I:

A. Continue spending the money to travel the 40 minute/30 mile drive and Indore wear and tear on the car and myself or should I:

B. Get an apartment near my college and reduce the gas usage by over 95%.

I have lived on my own before, well in my uncles basement paying rent and such.

I have located apartments for anywhere between 200 and 500 dollars a month with all utilities included. I am sure I can convince the apartment owners to rent at a cheaper price.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

-bballer

Damn thats cheap! I hate living in a rich town, ours is like $600 lowest, with a roomate. And these apartments are like "please excuse the decontamination shower in the living room, we had a bad case of ebola that we found while playing hide and seek"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm in a dilemma. My friend offered to pay for a tattoo, but only if it's a pot leaf. He said the size of a fist, and I could get it on my back. Tempting.

Depends, would you like Marijuana through out your whole life? You sure you won't get tired of it? Think in the future would you still like it?

See this is why a tribute to a decease is a better tattoo than a I Love (name) tattoo. It's not like that [bleep] is gonna wake up from the dead.

I would say I will probably smoke weed for a long time. If I got it that means I couldn't take off my shirt when I'm around certain people though...

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

^I'm not a big weed smoker but if I was I personally wouldn't get it. imo a marijuana leaf tattoo is a pretty lame tattoo.

I've been planning to buy an used bike (I'd mostly use it inside the city), but I don't know anything about them. What should I look into when buying it and what should I know before?

If it's used have a ride first, if it doesn't feel really smooth then it's probably been abused a bit and needs a service, but will ride like new after. (costs about $100 in aus I think) Ride a new one to get a feel for what I should be like if you need.

Get oil for the chain.

I would say I will probably smoke weed for a long time. If I got it that means I couldn't take off my shirt when I'm around certain people though...

He probably wants you to get it as a tramp stamp. I wouldn't. Just smoke weed, it isn't like you need to tell the whole world "[bleep] you" with it. Pretty sure half of all teenagers that smoke want a tattoo of a pot leaf. Lame. Now, if you had an entire plant snaking its way up your leg ... That'd be cool.

He probably wants you to get it as a tramp stamp. I wouldn't. Just smoke weed, it isn't like you need to tell the whole world "[bleep] you" with it. Pretty sure half of all teenagers that smoke want a tattoo of a pot leaf. Lame. Now, if you had an entire plant snaking its way up your leg ... That'd be cool.

Ahahaha tramp stamp, no way. I was thinking something like this, but the pot leaf is actually smoking a fatty, and no text.

o_MP0384.jpg

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

So, a friend of mine is thinking of graduating High School early. She's already taking courses that will make this possible, so that isn't a problem.

However, her father is strongly opposed to it, along with being against her taking AP courses, and other things he doesn't believe will help her get into college.

I've already found plenty of online sources about the benefits of AP courses when it comes to schoalrships, etc. But graduating early's benefits are evading me.

Can anyone here give me a good source? Her dad probably won't listen to anything but proof.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Most places give scholarships from the school district (tiny ones that barely pay for AP courses) if you graduate early. Plus, colleges in general look for kids who do well in AP courses.

Of course, going to college when you're sixteen or seventeen can be problematic. If you graduate early, you're expected to go straight to college. Not much else you can do, is there?