4th September 2009 -Machinima Competition- Cast Your Votes!

Dexek

The RuneScape Machinima Competition judges were this week faced with the tough challenge of reviewing all the entries and deciding which of the 1,000+ mini movies should place in the top five. Thirty-four hours of non-stop video, litres of coffee and a few discussions later, the judges came out of their bunker, braved the sunlight and held aloft the six videos (it was too hard to handpick five) that they unanimously agreed to be their favourites.

Now its the turn of the RuneScape community to use this weeks player poll to decide which of the six finalists should win the grand prize. The poll will run for seven days, after which time well announce the winner!

You can view the finalists in one of two ways. You can either find them on our favourites list on our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/runescape), or you can check them out by cutting and pasting the video links contained in the polls into your browser (we recommend opening the links in a new tab/window to avoid having to log out, and back into, the polls module).

Although weve had to settle on just six finalists, we fought over quite a few others. To see a selection of our favourites, weve created a new playlist on http://www.youtube.com/runescape called How We Lolled.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the competition for making it such a great success. We cant wait to launch the next competition!

Mod Paul M

Community Management

So, who's everyone voting for? :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for the line dancing one. :thumbsup:

Excl's probably going to win, though.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

All good entrys but I think Excls is stronger after realising Arrow_guns isn't that original.

Some that should have been top 5 though.. I mean they're all fantastic it should be a top 15 really!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

It was a hard decision between Excl and Line Dancer.

Excl was good because it was more comical.

Line Dancer was good because it was well edited, planned, and took alot of work and came out with an awesome effect.

I voted Excl in the end.

sig.jpg

While it may not seem that original, it must have been hell coordinating every last frame's emotes so that they happened at the same time. EVERY. LAST. FRAME.

I think I would have liked it more if it had ended by accidently teleporting the dancers into a boss fight.

Also, although I do like Excl's style and execution, his video idea wasn't exactly original. I'm pretty sure a few hundred other videos used the same idea. I mean, that's what you do in an essay assignment when you can't come up with a topic and you're making it last minute. Yeah. Real original.

However, I do give him credit for making an entry that shows him kicking one of the judges in the jangerberries.

8f14270694.jpg

I didn't care for the Line dancing one mainly because it doesn't show as much effort and difficulty to make as the others. I mean all it is are a bunch of people doing the Jig emote around runescape. Not as creative as Excl's or A song

Not as much effort and difficulty? Did you see that all of the dancers were coordinated? The massive amounts of shots there were? Not to mention the incredibly seamless editing. No doubt, it was the most difficult video and most time consuming to make.

Message that appears after voting.

We hope you enjoyed watching all six finalists! You may be wondering why we chose these six over the others, and we're happy to tell you why:

A song by bumbum007: We received loads of RSMVs, but none featured anyone with such a big mouth. We chose this video for the lyrics, the original songwriting, the energy and bumbum007's ability to cram a song lyric into the smallest gap.

My RuneScape Machinima Competition entry by Mommakitty2: If we had televisions in RuneScape then Momma_Kitty has a pretty good idea of what we'd be watching. This video made the finals thanks to the massive range of parodies thrown into what is a very entertaining two-minute video.

Video Ideas by Excl: What do you do if you've already made hundreds of RS machinima videos? You make a video about trying to come up with an idea for a video, of course! Excl's movie has great vocal talent and gives us a window into how he goes about deciding what to make next.

Line dancing by Jinsr44: We're no fans of line-dancing - or Michael Flatley - but Jinsr may have turned that around with this brilliantly choreographed linedance-a-thon around RuneScape, complete with flashing skillcapes. Double win!

Mithril sword fight by Arrow Gun 99: Never has a fight over a free mithril sword resulted in such venom! Levitating furniture and crates being thrown through portals all feature in Arrow gun 99's exuberant fight sequence that's left us looking forward to the inevitable sequel.

Gnarlie and the Gaming Factory by KKcomics: We can't comment on the accuracy of KKcomics representation of the judging process, but the competition is sure to find that out! We chose this video as it really made us laugh and had great timing. The fact that Mark is depicted sitting on a throne with a trapdoor lever and a green party hat had nothing to do with it.

Don't forget - if you have any poll questions you would like to submit for Player Poll week, then send them to . Hopefully you will see them published in an upcoming week!

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

It was a hard decision between Excl and Line Dancer.

Excl was good because it was more comical.

Line Dancer was good because it was well edited, planned, and took alot of work and came out with an awesome effect.

I voted Excl in the end.

Had the exact same dillemma, ended up voting for Excl! Which is going to win anyways... \'

Went into the poll expecting to vote for Excl's entry, ended up voting for Linedancing.

This

It's hard to choose between those 2 though, mainly because it are 2 totally different video's.

Even though I voted for the line dancing I feel happy for Excl, he deserves it!

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

I don't understand why Excel is leading the charts currently. I mean, his video was pretty funny and all and he has made dozens of videos. But we're voting on this one video, not every video that he has ever made.

With that said, I voted for the line dancing video. Too bad the ending with like 20+ people dancing was removed :x

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Wtf is wrong with you people? Excls video sucked [wagon]... there were so many better ones than his. :wall: (I didn't make one) That Cowsayswhat? is a good example...

Went into the poll expecting to vote for Excl's entry, ended up voting for Linedancing.

This

It's hard to choose between those 2 though, mainly because it are 2 totally different video's.

Even though I voted for the line dancing I feel happy for Excl, he deserves it!

I totaly agree, but the linedance were just epic :)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

They were all great, the line dancing one was repetitive but granted it is worthy of winning. Anyhow the one that caught my attention most was the one by "Mommykitty2".

Alot creativity in that video and i liked that. Enjoyed watching videos. Again they all were great, and when i voted for "Mommykitty2" i felt like i did a bad choice, but that's really hard to say with all those great videos :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: