More hats than Enipeus?

Well I guess if that is what you enjoy, but nothing in RS takes "skill". Someone who had done GWD for a week can be just as good as someone who has been doing it for 2 years. Most boss hunting has now come down to just clicking the boss and healing.

There is quite a noticeable difference between people experienced at Sara and people new at it. Also, monster hunting has the excitement quality of lotteries/other randomized games that you don't really get from skills like crafting or smithing. If those are just a matter of spending some money (which is no issue given my bank) and repeating the same 2-3 click sequence 10,000 times, where's the fun/challenge in that?

Also, I'd posit that there are some non-"skill" aspects of Runescape that take some skill. For example, there are various ways to profit off the GE that you can be much better at when you have experience. Also, I do statistics analysis on drop rates, shield effects, player activity, etc., those usually take some skill to set up right.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was egasming from the beginning, the cash pile, all those half shields, epic.

I loved the random stuff, passed the 2 godswords without any physical problems.

The glories were amazing but I kept on scrolling and my eyes fell out and screamed in real life: "HOLY COW" when I saw all the rares.

Hope you liked my story.

This deserves

10/10

skyflipper0.png

I was egasming from the beginning, the cash pile, all those half shields, epic.

I loved the random stuff, passed the 2 godswords without any physical problems.

The glories were amazing but I kept on scrolling and my eyes fell out and screamed in real life: "HOLY COW" when I saw all the rares.

Hope you liked my story.

heh, nice story. :)

I have decided that your rare collection looks quite nice except that there are more then 2 pumpkins and disks so the only thing I can logicly rate is a 8/10 unless you sell me some of those rares to even off the collection.

Oh, plus there are no eggs or crackers. Until you can get 2 of each the best you can now get is a 7/10.

you win.

11/10

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Damn! Nice bank tlin, You remember me from Gwi right? :P

Welcome to TIF <3:

[hide=my 99s]63,402 to 99 attack June 20th, 2009

9,065 to 99 prayer may 7, 2009

27,060 to 99 magic march 27, 2009

63,527 to 99 str Jan 02, 2009

39,326 to 99 hp

22,557 to 99 def June 6, 2008

1221 to 88 summoning July 6, 2008

52,735 to cooking November 6, 2008[/hide]

MikeDart.png

How the heck did you get that many Triangle sandwiches?

wtfbbq/10

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

i quit.

thats it. no way i can ever come to that point.

im done, thanks.

100/10 though.

godly amazing.

Current Goals:

75/99 Fishing

43/99 Cooking

72/99 Firemaking

And of course, always accepting donations of geepees and materials such as fish/logs/feathers/random crap you might not want but I do :)

The bank thing is a program he made I believe. Nice bank btw. Let me know if you ever wanna monster hunt.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I have decided that your rare collection looks quite nice except that there are more then 2 pumpkins and disks so the only thing I can logicly rate is a 8/10 unless you sell me some of those rares to even off the collection.

Oh, plus there are no eggs or crackers. Until you can get 2 of each the best you can now get is a 7/10.

No half-wines either. :|

Half-wine and cracker never change price on GE, so having 2 crackers would be like indefinitely typing up 1.4b that could instead be held in items that keep pace with inflation.

*blink*

Wow. Very nice bank.

Where do you find that net worth ..calculator thingy btw?

That's a program I wrote, but I'm not really publicly distributing that one at the moment yet because more users would mean more distinct items it needs to keep track of, and it's already taking longer than I like to update every item after each GE update. One of these days I'll come up with a better algorithm for that.

How the heck did you get that many Triangle sandwiches?

wtfbbq/10

Short answer: I did a lot of sandwich lady random events.

Longer answer: When the GE first came out, I looked for something that I could collect a lot of using the GE, and realized that triangle sandwiches were listed there. So, for the first two weeks of the GE being there, I had in constant offers to buy a lot of triangle sandwiches (they were listed like 50 gp each then). I probably bought the majority of triangle sandwiches from the people cleaning out their bank spaces now that they could do it with the GE, and I ended up with over 30k of them before I moved on to other things.

You could reply in one post too....

But very impressive bank, 10/10.

Hmm, how do you do that here?

On RSC you can click the "quote" button for a bunch of posts, then when you reply, all the posts you want to reply to will get quoted. However here when I click on the "quote" button it just brings me right to the "Post a reply" form and doesn't let me quote additional posts.

You could reply in one post too....

But very impressive bank, 10/10.

On RSC you can click the "quote" button for a bunch of posts, then when you reply, all the posts you want to reply to will get quoted. However here when I click on the "quote" button it just brings me right to the "Post a reply" form and doesn't let me quote additional posts.

It doesn't really matter because you don't get postcount for posting on rate this! anyway, just as long as you don't quadpost or something lol

they're upgrading the board software to what RSC has pretty shortly anyway

nice bank/

edit-oh wait you did quadpost! oh well :lol:

You should be able to do something like that once the forum upgrades to IPB3 in the next couple of weeks, but for now you'll have to copy and paste all of the people you want to quote into a word document or something, then back into your post. :\

wl7w9j.png