07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one with an issue with the way these came out? No quest rewards, or new ingredients, or new locations, or anything? Just bleah! Some potions. Kinda the same issue I had with the new Agility Courses. No in-game reason given. They're just added without any story reason. Just shoved in. A bit lame really... :sad:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

So nobody listened to the new sound track jagex updated? :P

(They made a new one updated like the main theme one)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7p3Fw_gB-iA

Im guessing a lot of PvP weapons are going to get bought out aswell with these new potions, I am surprised no one has bought out VLS yet, it is going to be insane.

I bought 10 vls's already for min xD.

s652yx.jpg

Im guessing a lot of PvP weapons are going to get bought out aswell with these new potions, I am surprised no one has bought out VLS yet, it is going to be insane.

I bought 10 vls's already for min xD.

Same, also bought 10 dharok's sets aswell (but they will probably be more of a flip rather than a merch).

Am I the only one with an issue with the way these came out? No quest rewards, or new ingredients, or new locations, or anything? Just bleah! Some potions. Kinda the same issue I had with the new Agility Courses. No in-game reason given. They're just added without any story reason. Just shoved in. A bit lame really... :sad:

Cause what we need more of in this game is stupid little quests to unlock every update? I thought I was the master of complaining about bad updates, but you seem to have found a way to whine about even this amazing update. If they had made a quest you would have complained it wasn't long enough.

Not every update covers every aspect of the game.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on pk'ing items. Such as vls's , runes , etc.

If pkers are willing to get these herblore levels then these high level pking items may just see a large price rise reflecting their new maxes.

I bought myself 12k barrages. Barraging rock lobsters just got a lot cheaper and faster, so even if I dont resell them, I will use them for 120k or so summoning xp her hour :-).

Heh.

Anybody try to use the lunar spell to share the new potions? If it works, it would make things a whole lot more interesting in the game.

Course, the person would have to have both herby and magic trained, but hell, it's frightening thinking about an army of jacked up pjers.

8f14270694.jpg

g00d, I never said the update was good or bad. I was saying that I was bothered how nothing in the game supports these additions. No one mentions them, we don't even have anything new really to put into it, it's just as if they shoved some content in with little forethought.

So nobody listened to the new sound track jagex updated? :P

(They made a new one updated like the main theme one)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7p3Fw_gB-iA

Oh wow, that sounds fantastic. I hope they have more music of that quality in the near future.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Hah, you act as if nobody else does things without thinking about every single consequence.

Seriously, who can foresee the effects of EVERYTHING they do? To attempt to say you were right about something these days is like saying you manage to predict a coin flip 50 percent of the time.

Besides, I don't think a lot of people would say "take these back out of the game, I don't want to be godlike."

You know what you could complain about? You could totally change tacks and say that Jagex is endorsing dangerous drug abuse.

8f14270694.jpg

New barrage max hit is 46.. If they keep raising max hits all the time they are going to have to increase the HP limit because this is just getting rediculous. Pkers farcasting barrage and specing with claws is 100% death. :???:

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Cause what we need more of in this game is stupid little quests to unlock every update? I thought I was the master of complaining about bad updates, but you seem to have found a way to whine about even this amazing update. If they had made a quest you would have complained it wasn't long enough.

But new ingrediants would create a new market with its own prices. Using the same old tired herbs and items for tertiary ingredients simply increases the expense of both old and new potions. Furthermore, the potions that are required for the new potions are going to increase in price- along with the ingredients.

Me, I'm kinda peeved all this is not tradeable. What if you don't like combat? What use are all these high level potions for you? And what about profit? Let's torture ourselves, spending sixty or so million gp and countless hours getting high level herblore for a handful of potions! Don't get me wrong- high level potions are a great incentive to level up, but by making them untradeable, most players will never feel their benefits.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well, this does sort of give an incentive to actually train it rather than buy the potions. People have been ranting about that for years.

Plus, when you look at them, they're starting to near the point where it would be understandable for their trade to be illegal, as they would be on par with top shelf perscription medications.

And if you don't care about these potions, then don't level up in herblore. :P

---------------------

Have you ever considered how undervalued some potions and potion ingredients are? Grenwall spikes are worthless, avantoe is worthless, papayas are worthless, mud runes are worthless....

It's almost impossible for me to get anybody to buy super attack potions, but now, things are heating up, and hopefully this will make some of our lesser used items more important.

8f14270694.jpg

drive down DFS?

99% of the people who use dfs do not use it for dragons, the DFS will continue the direction it is going.

I personaly use my dfs as an all-purpose shield, and I know im not the only one. :P

So can these potions be made with assistance?

Overall I like this update. Good for encouraging Herblore, and the forums need improvement.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

But new ingrediants would create a new market with its own prices. Using the same old tired herbs and items for tertiary ingredients simply increases the expense of both old and new potions. Furthermore, the potions that are required for the new potions are going to increase in price- along with the ingredients.

Me, I'm kinda peeved all this is not tradeable. What if you don't like combat? What use are all these high level potions for you? And what about profit? Let's torture ourselves, spending sixty or so million gp and countless hours getting high level herblore for a handful of potions! Don't get me wrong- high level potions are a great incentive to level up, but by making them untradeable, most players will never feel their benefits.

You and Libs are both right, they should have created new herbs/ingredients, or maybe even tied it in with another skill (new monsters/items only gained through farming/wc/etc.). However, they did a very good job making these untradeable because it truly makes them high level content. You can't plop down 20k and get one of the potions, you need to train other skills to make and (to an extent) use them. It's a good road they're going down. Soon enough, the best equipment won't be acquired by purely buying it, but through training other skills.

I LOVE this update, its an inspiring DIY update, not just to make the potions themselves, but getting the levels for them! :P Would take forever, but meh. :D

I can't wait to get making these potions, a Slayers dream. :P

I can't even make these potions but I love this update!

This is what jagex should have done a long time ago. Now to just release something similar for all the skills.

BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but herbs are going to skyrocket, which means collecting herbs in MTK might be more valuable than raw fish/seeds/coal within the next week or two.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

You and Libs are both right, they should have created new herbs/ingredients, or maybe even tied it in with another skill (new monsters/items only gained through farming/wc/etc.). However, they did a very good job making these untradeable because it truly makes them high level content. You can't plop down 20k and get one of the potions, you need to train other skills to make and (to an extent) use them. It's a good road they're going down. Soon enough, the best equipment won't be acquired by purely buying it, but through training other skills.

Thanks. And you know what? My Torag's legs are still connected to my Abby Whip! Stupid graphical glitch they won't fix... *grumble grumble*...