07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions Next

This week, high-level herbalists will find a variety of new, untradeable potions at their disposal. Using your increased knowledge of the Herblore skill, you will find you now have the ability to add tertiary ingredients to some potions to increase their effect.

These potions aren't just limited to stat boosts either. Have you ever wanted to take your godsword on dragon-slaying trips? Now's your chance, with the super antifire potion (at level 84). Are you approaching near mastery of the Herblore skill? If so, theres a potion that may just overload your entire body (at level 96) dare you drink it?

On a side note, those who can mix the extreme magic potion will find it doesn't work in a similar way to its lower-level equivalents. When used, this potion will boost all offensive spell damage by 40% for a duration of six minutes, and will stack with magic staves that boost magic damage.

Mod Chris L

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

As part of the conversion of the worn interface and inventory to a newer internal file format, certain items now have clearer right-click options when using them. For example, the amulet of glory now lists the four different destinations it can take you to instead of just saying 'Operate'.

The Game Engine team have made sure the player list is now randomised to prevent priority being given to some players over others because of their IP address.

You can now navigate around the world map using arrow keys.

07-Oct-2009 - Photo Booth and Forum Avatars Next

Iconis the wizard has set up a strange tent in a quiet field near Falador, not too far from his colleague the Makeover Mage, just through the members gate. Hes advertising there the wonders of his new picture-taking magic, which sends a still representation of any adventurer to a completely different plane of existence altogether: the RuneScape forums.

Expose yourself to the mischievous magic of Iconiss impish business partner in the Photo Booth and you may find that the next post you make on the RuneScape forums will have a picture of your head and whatever was on it when the spell was cast. (Note that you can't pose for a photo while wearing or wielding borrowed items.)

There are only so many spells the poor imp can perform at any one time, though, so for the first few days, it might take several hours from you taking your picture to it being displayed on the forums. Iconis thanks you for your patience.

Mod Maylea

RuneScape Content Developer

and

Mod Heinz

Web Systems Developer

[hide=Patch notes]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Game Engine

* Stopped NPCs dancing with each other.

* Prevented being able to add your previous display name to your Friends/Ignore Lists.

* All interfaces in an older custom file format have been converted to the newer format.

Graphical

* Improved farmers animations with rakes and spades to be smoother.

* Adjusted the black smoke on Ape Atoll.

* Improved the smoke from the chimney of the house in Vinesweeper.

* Fixed a render issue with a bench while NPCs are sat on it.

* Fixed an issue with the prince tunic whilst resting.

* Stopped the ringmaster top causing you to look odd when resting.

* Fixed the lighting in the dungeon under the Karamja volcano.

* Fixed some lighting issues in Morytania.

* Adjusted some incorrectly coloured fog in various places.

* Removed a wooden support that clipped with a chest.

* Adjusted the priority of Firemaking animations.

* Tweaked some scenery in the Brimhaven Agility Arena to work better with the fog.

* Graphically fixed the sides of Varrocks west bank

* Fixed some height mapping at the fishing shop in Catherby.

* Fixed some height mapping issues around Varrock that were affecting the walls.

* Fixed some height mapping in Port Sarim near the docks.

* Updated the model for tree spirits.

* Updated the skull of a skeleton to match the rest of its, er, body.

* Fixed shadows on the Barbarian Agility Course log balance.

* The fixed device now uses more recent human animations.

* Put some moss back on Aggie's house in Draynor in High Detail.

* Stopped lava looking grey near the entrance to Ourania Altar.

* Black Knights' swords no longer look white.

* Ensured a chest opens to the correct and matching version.

* Added animations for lily pads.

* Fish hats no longer disappear when playing the cowbells.

* Improved the minimap for Al Kharid to actually show all of the walls.

* Fixed the agility log between Seers Village and the coal trucks.

* Fixed the colours of the Corporeal Beast's animations in Standard Detail.

* The Lumbridge cook has had his model updated.

* Fixed the inventory icon for various magic staves.

* Fixed some clipping issues with some of the newer male hairstyles.

* Reduced clipping on the Ectofuntus.

* Improved the lighting near the fire obelisk.

* Modified the look of the gas mask on female characters.

* Improved the graphics for trees that are on fire.

* Slowed the animation speed of the flags in Falador.

* Fixed a gap between some steps.

* Improved falcon animations.

* Re-textured the edge of the Clan Wars area.

* Fixed a render issue in A Tail of Two Cats.

* Stopped most wielded items appearing outside the crate used in Merlin's Crystal.

* Prevent walls in the Digsite dungeon area from flashing when rotating your camera around.

* Removed some curtains from the outside of a window.

* Better matched King Roald's crown to his chathead.

* Moved a tree to stop it growing into the roof of a house.

* Cows and calves have a death animation once more.

Audio

* Adjusted the sound effects for a couple of wooden doors.

* Matched the timing of defend sounds with their animations.

* The music system now randomly selects a song when entering an area from a list of similarly themed groups.

* Added various sounds to the final cutscene in As a First Resort.

* The Doomsayer has been given a few more sound effects.

* Improved the sound effects in Another Slice of HAM and My Arm's Big Adventure.

* Revised and updated the song "Rising Damp".

* The Attack 5 song has been slightly adjusted.

Minigames

* Restored various interface stones after the Mobilising Armies tutorial.

* You can now store Mobilising Armies clothing in your POH.

* Removed a door from the fencing in the Vinesweeper minigame.

* Added a few messages from the Fishing Trawler to the spam filter.

* Prevented emotes in all areas of the Duel Arena and Tournaments.

Miscellaneous

* Items dropped near a spirit tree should no longer float.

* Given a farmer in Draynor a combat level.

* Increased the stock of monkey nuts and bars.

* Added some messages to the spam system.

* Clarified the messages you can receive when a dragon breathes on you.

* Fixed a typo in a book.

* Stopped players being put in a blocked location after the gravedigger random event.

* Removed the mine cart tickets as they're no longer needed.

* Ensured all weapons and shields are removed before taking a carpet ride.

* Improved the clickable area of kalphite soldiers.

* Fred the farmer will no longer talk about Lumbridge jobs.

* Swapped a door around so you don't have to close it to continue on your journey.

* Patched various gaps of missing overlay and underlay around the world.

* Falador wall posts can no longer be walked through.

* Prevented menaphite thugs half disappearing in certain circumstances.

* Removed members ops from the TzHaar cave entrance.

* Put the correct map icon back for the tanner in Varrock.

* Prevented standing on the pools in Oo'glog.

* Corrected a typo in the Legacy of Seergaze quest.

* Rewritten several pieces of code to conform to newer methods and standards.

* Resolved a few grammatical issues with the sawmill chat.

* Fixed the camera angles for certain carpet rides.

* Stopped the Wilderness overlay disappearing in some circumstances.

* Updated the code to give you a lantern in Lunar Diplomacy if your inventory was full.

* Players can no longer stand on a tile of water in Burgh de Rott.

* Ensure pets are still present and reappear after random events.

* Modified the walls in Dorgesh-Kaan so a narrow corridor can now be traversed.

* Fixed a bug with logging in to the mole hole and the lighting associated with it.

* The Lumbridge windmill has an icon on the world map again.

* The makeover mage no longer charges you if there hasn't been a swap.

* Fixed a message from the lunar spell when curing others.

* Rotated the Lumbridge weather vane to actually point north!

* Improved the logic dealing with the value of items you can store in a familiar's inventory.

* You should be able to mine creatures you kill in the living rock caverns even if you lose connection.

* Increased the size of the orrery in your POH to its former glory.

* Smoothed out some mapping in Mort Myre swamp.

* Ensured various bridges appear on the minimap correctly.

* Adjusted some dialogue to check your gender first.

* Prevented a error from occurring in very rare circumstances while using Quick Chat.

* Improved the code handling of the last name entered for the Clan Chat feature.

* You'll get a more informative messages if trying to use Clan Chat while not in a Clan Chat channel.

* Properly aligned unranked and ranked names on the Clan Chat interface.

* Fixed a problem where the Clan Chat window would cut off three digit words instead of showing them.

* Fixed a bug when casting the lunar spell Humidify. [/hide]

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Jagex! I was requesting an update EXACTLY like this recently and here it is <3:

Updates like this give people a reason to train skills and this was really the exact thing I was looking for.

More updates like this please Jagex :)

Wikid!!!

Now may herblaw become even more expensive. =p

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

There's only one thing I can say about this update.

Yes.

It's absolutely perfect. Now this is high level content. It makes me want to level up Herblore even more, if only for the Super Antifire.

Did some quick maths, and the new maximum hit for Magic is now either 44 or 45, depending if they round up or down (I get a floating point number like 44.7999). Mages aren't pushovers much anymore.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What's gotten into Jagex recently? The Fishing and Mining updates last month and the woodcutting update to a lesser extent. While neither are as good as this they are still very good updates and the sort a lot of players have been wanting for a very long time.

Previously there was no point training non-combat skills unless they were needed for quests with decent rewards, now updates like this make me want to play again despite not having the level to do any of them.

If the rest of the year is as good as the last few weeks then this will be one of the best years in a long time :thumbup:

Now THIS is what I call on epic update. 89 Herblore ATM, and I'm expecting the cost of training Herblore to skyrocket. I still have thousands of Herb Seeds left from Slayer/GWD though. Free Farming ranks anyone?

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

This is one of the best updates we've had all year.

I've had the special attack restore potion in mind for years! - have put in an offer for ingredients so i can get 84 herblore... but to no avail lol

And the new potions cannot be assistable!!

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

with so many ppl now looking foward to train herby.......irit are gonna go up ^ :thumbsup:

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Checked the RS front page before going off to bed, and I'm now wide awake. I don't have the levels for any of these potions, but goddamn this is a great update. Untradeable, high level rewards. Perfect, Jagex. Perfect.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm not sure if they're trying to fill the rants pages with "Magic is overpowered" but I can see it already. Some of the pots like the spec restore are decent and have proper limitations on them ( It takes a fair amount of time to drink 4 doses to be able to get full spec again) but the magic potion( Just one example, there are others) is insane. Hitting 45's with barrage is extremely overpowered.

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

On the face of it, an excellent update - im already fairly high level herblore so this should be interesting.

Undecided whether I'd prefer for them to be untradeable or not - basically still not an effective means to train higher lvls so I will end up with thousands of pots only i can use - another money sink for wealthy players willing to get any advantage?

Will this drive up nests, toadflax, seeds and vials and drive down DFS?

G

Gda_Scooby.png

I not sure why all of the new potions are combat based but yet have such a high herblore and are untradable.

It's given skillers more power over combatants. Good luck to anyone who survives an onslaught of extreme potted, constant specs...

Other than that good update...

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

My god, what a perfect update! Now I just may have to get 84 herblore, for the super anti-fire. Seriously, I think this is one of the best updates that I've seen. Bravo. =D>

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D

Very sad forum avatars aren't for F2P. They told us we are getting more updates but I think that was a lie, thanks for the false hope. :(

The chat effects are currently messed up, every normal message is waved and you can't use colors, duh!

[404] Signature not found.

High level untradable stuff ftw. More of this please for other skills :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12