07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

is new max hit 91 against a player on pvp?

void melee, piety, new str pot, ags spec,fury,zerk(i),dboots,fire cape?

was using rune wikis formula and not sure if i was doing it right, went with 8+99(20%) for the pot effect,truncating decimal

(126x1.23x1.2)+3 = 188

Strength Bonus: 132+8+8+4+4=156

1.3+(188/10)+(156/80)+((188x156)/640))

1.3+18.8+1.95+45.825=67.875

67.875x1.34375=91.207blahblahblah truncated to 91 or did i go wrong somewhere with the math

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was using rune wikis formula and not sure if i was doing it right, went with 8+99(20%) for the pot effect,truncating decimal

(126x1.23x1.2)+3 = 188

67.875x1.34375=91.207blahblahblah truncated to 91 or did i go wrong somewhere with the math

Wouldn't it be better to use max strength set and I doubt its that high.

One word, wicked. Mages can now finnaly keep up with AGS and dragon claws, finnaly our sexy triangle is back, and that overload if pretty damn awsome too.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

The Game Engine team have made sure the player list is now randomised to prevent priority being given to some players over others because of their IP address.

HOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No.. not hooray. This just means more people will just steal your spawns instead of being courteous and switching servers.

No, this means less people will steal your spawns if you are quick enough. It no longer matters about who has the best connection.

I don't think you understood the fix completely. This will prevent people with "good" IP addresses always winning of those with "bad" IP addresses. This was especially an issue in castle wars games where some people always got the flag when dropped, just because they had a (near) perfect IP. It's pretty frustrating to know no matter how good you are, you'll never win.

Connection still has a big influence however, if you lagg a bit and therefore don't click at exactly the right moment, you still won't get the flag (or spawn or whatever).

Which is exactly why it is a good thing. Your IP will not matter anymore, so whoever clicks the flag first will get the flag rather than the person with the best IP. Lag will always effect online games, and I can't think of a single way to fix it other than to get a new computer and internet provider.

Stellactic.gif

One word, wicked. Mages can now finnaly keep up with AGS and dragon claws, finnaly our sexy triangle is back, and that overload if pretty damn awsome too.

Its not that great if you not Hybriding its not really worth the 10 health loss per minute and when you can just sip the regular extremes for a cheaper price.

Its not that great if you not Hybriding its not really worth the 10 health loss per minute and when you can just sip the regular extremes for a cheaper price.

I agree, that's why I think it's more useful for PvM. :|

j0xPu5R.png

(126x1.23x1.2)+3 = 188

Wouldn't it be better to use max strength set and I doubt its that high.

0.3 more damage from bonus alone part but 1.66875 lower from the effectivexbonus part so in total 1.36875 less damage

again i could be going wrong somewhere with math.....91 seems extremely high

apparently dharoks hits 99 but i dont think people would run around that low hp on pvp

Wonder if boost potion share works for thew new potions, it would be funny to kill someone by using an overload potion on them, or helping a friend by using the special bar one for rushing. :P

The phoenix feather seems a poor secondary unelss they added more spawns on Entrana.

This update making me wanna train herblore before I go back to slayer. :(

Entrana has a fire bird NOT a phoenix.

The phoenix is in tht lair thing near piscatoris

Not Phoenix quills, phoenix feathers - from the bird at Uzer mine.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

"View PostMe_Hate_Libs, on 07 October 2009 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostExpl0de, on 07 October 2009 - 04:09 PM, said:

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

:ohnoes:

There's a 30 second cooldown on eaqch dose of that pot you can drink...

And each dose is only 1/4 of bar, which is 1/2 of a claw special."

---

but if i'm not wrong, stats hammer takes 35% energy...

-you go soloing the corp beast

-using 2 specs to reduce the def

-go out of cave and drink pot of restore special

-go back to cave and do another spec, leaving you with 20% energy

-in less than min you can continue drinking and get energy very fast back

-corp beast get spec'ed till her def reached prob 1 and get owned

-????

-profit!

and that's was just solo, imagne wat groups of few high herblores (no that high, under 85 i think) with stat hammer can do to the mightest boss on rs...these potions turns her into a joke

If you leave the room Corp restores all health and what ruins the whole thing there is no real point to lowering Corp's Defence anymore since it can't really go any lower.

so not going out of the room, just drinking right next to it, big deal...

my point still stands.

Did you even read the second part it can't go any lower than 2 specs even it does you should just wait for it. <_<

the corp best def can go way lower in more than 2 specs, the solo'er of it in youtube shows clearly he use it more than twice...

want_a_box.png

This update kind of bothers me. Now it's essentially a requirement for all accounts that want to viably participate in pvp to raise herblore, a noncombat skill. Runescape has always had a large if not total degree of separation of combat and noncombat skills and it's really weird for them to suddenly change that policy without any kind of notice. Firemaking for the hand cannon, and now this? What's next, super powered weapons you can't have unless you make them with fletching / smithing? Devastating spells only from untradeable tabs made with high RC and Construction? I think if they're going to make high skills a requirement for combat, they need to address the combat level system and the necessity of multiple accounts for pvp.

darkbow + void + new ranging potion is going to be sooooooooo overpowered, and combine that with ice blitz + new mage potion hitting 35, AND drinking the special bar restore potion and getting a second darkbow special??? Stacking blitz/barrage will also own. If you use a stave and the new potion you can hit an 85-- 37 from ice blitz, 48 from miasmic barrage.

The thing that sucks for me is at my combat level (120+10) alot of the people who I fight in pvp have high herby level becuase the aren't pure pkers.

Soldin_911.png

IMO. This is one of the top high level requirements in years besides new skills. Probably the best or one of the overal best update this year.

I cant believe there is yet again a skill I dont have the requirement for which isnt so easy to train that I can get it so quickly. I think agility was the first skill in 'years' that was useful which I had to train for content I didnt have a requirement for already. However this herblore update blows that out of the water. There are many new high level potions available at a much higher end requirement. They are FAR more useful too. Absoluately fantastic!

I currently got like 88 herblore and I can hardly believe that the potion thats most useful for me atm is level 90. Not far off but I know I wont be training it for another 6+ months. If they did keep it up for all skills I wouldnt have time to realistically keep up. Thats content I dont have access to for 6+ months in like 3 years of always having requirements or getting the requriements within days/weeks. Thats kinda fantastic to me. AND! Thats only the level 90 potion. It infact goes much higher than that and that could also take 6+ months to a year to achieve.

Wow. Simply wow. I am amazed by this update and they need to continue in this fashion. The untradable deal is the best part and they need to do it for all skills. I hope to see more of this! Perhaps the only bad point is it can be abused slightly but only a small group of people can do it anyway. I dont think an update can be 100% perfect but this is certainly as close as you can get to an excellent update for long term/end game playability.

'Best update everrrr!' :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh yes I nearly forgot. Those avatar things are awesome too! Plus all the other little things that came with the update. Some very interesting stuff.

Oh man....z-spearing metal dragon tasks....

*drool*

I always thought they were vulnerable to crush attacks, so wouldn't a SS be better?

Stab, actually. I z speared a mithril dragon task a week ago. Dangerous, but absolutely insane how fast I ripped them apart with stab and piety. Can't imagine what I'll be able to do to iron dragons now.

<moot point>

Also, even if it was actually crush, a z spear would still be better than the sword because of a mith dragon's defense and the much better accuracy with a spear. </moot point>

The question now is- Godsword or whip/defender against the kbd? I'm guessing DPS with the whip defender will still outkick the godsword by a fair amount.

Wow, I would say I'm gonna throw my 40m at herblore training in hopes of being able to use these new epic pots, but right now probably every herblore material is going to soar and be impossible to buy. Ima wait till the hype dies down and use my own materials for now. Good thing I have a bunch of super energies, I'm sure theyre going to shoot up now since they're ingredients for the spec pot.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

*drool*

I've been doing that before the update. It just was alot harder. :D

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This update kind of bothers me. Now it's essentially a requirement for all accounts that want to viably participate in pvp to raise herblore, a noncombat skill. Runescape has always had a large if not total degree of separation of combat and noncombat skills and it's really weird for them to suddenly change that policy without any kind of notice. Firemaking for the hand cannon, and now this? What's next, super powered weapons you can't have unless you make them with fletching / smithing? Devastating spells only from untradeable tabs made with high RC and Construction? I think if they're going to make high skills a requirement for combat, they need to address the combat level system and the necessity of multiple accounts for pvp.

Well, God forbid you ever have to work for an advantage.

I don't mean to be rude, but working for the betterment of your character vs profit is one of the best changes they can make to the game. It makes you want a high herblore level doesn't it? That's exactly what it was put there for :thumbup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Hmm there are A LOT of people (RSOF; my friends) that seem very mad about these new potions affecting PvP (which I'm sure they'll own), but people are forgetting, they're quite a few people who don't have 88+ herblore... at least for now.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

*drool*

I've been doing that before the update. It just was alot harder. :D

Too bad Zamorakian Spears are 5m each at the moment.

I hate the market for the time beeing. -.-

Quick question in regards to special attack energy. Does it refill based on a ongoing timer (similar to skills and hp), or does it only start refilling once you've emptied some?

Koanga.png

Barrows: Verac's flail, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Guthan's skirt (x2), Dharok's plate, Torag's hammers.

Quick question in regards to special attack energy. Does it refill based on a ongoing timer (similar to skills and hp), or does it only start refilling once you've emptied some?

it's ongoing. if you time it right you can msb spec twice in a row