07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myweponsg00d, that was an excellent post! Combat and skilling has always been intertwined, somewhat. Thing is, it's almost always been that combat makes skilling easier. For example, a level 3 skiller can't get to Ape Atoll agility, can't (realistically) use ZMI or the Abyss, can't fish monks or Barbarian fishing, etc. It's good to see it go the other way now. I've been asking for this for a while. I like the WoW model for "bind on pickup" high-level skill items that affect combat, and this is a good step towards that.

Now, Jagex, the problem is the economy of scale. If you need top-end herblore to be competitive, then it's going to be very expensive. Here's an idea - bump up herb yield in crops (and perhaps drop picking xp accordingly)! That'll lower prices somewhat - how much depends on how much the yield is bumped.

Or, even better, dot disease prevention/yield increasing (bind on pickup) potions throughout the herblore skill tree. That'll tie farming and herb together even more tightly.

Or, how about paying farmers cash to watch herb plants?

The possibilities are endless.

There is no rule that says that you have to buy skills. I got 79 herblore so far without buying it. And ironically enough I sold most of my herbs so far. Bit stupid in hindsight.

If you want herbs:

Start putting 100% on herbs in MTK. There is no competition of other people buying these supplies.

Start farming herbs.

And pick up herbs for a change.

These are herb supplies nobody can touch or compete with. It's going to take time of course, but I'm sure Jagex isn't going to pull the plug on runescape that quickly.

In the end, you pay exactly the same, if not more, as someone who bought everything from the GE. I say more, because there are (currently, but it will change) better things to put your money on in MTK, of instance. Gahtering seconds is also pretty damn stupid, considering it gives no xp. 5-15 hours of TDS, making 40m of a clawy drop and getting some experience along, seems better than getting no xp, and gathering 40m worth of seconds in 80 hours.

The problem being that currently you can't buy any supplies, so there is no "paying exactly the same" option. That will only become valid in a few weeks. So why get a head start by doing some herbs yourself right now?

You lose some gp income efficiency? It's a game.

I am doing that lol, but even seeds are hard to buy.

I bought enough toadflax seeds for 91 herblore right after the update, about 3 months until I have the herbs :razz:

That also shows how slow herblore is if you have to collect the herbs yourself.

I really shouldn't have sold my toadflax, I could have had like 14k of it by now and sold most of it at 2.9k each too :cry:

2dvjurb.png

Summary:

Overload = Powerthirst (Extreme Attack) + High Octane Redbull (Extreme Defense) + Illegal Steroids (Extreme Strength) + Concentrated Nitrous Oxide (Extreme Range) + Chuck Norris Sweat (Extreme Magic)

Lies. Chuck Norris doesn't sweat.

Thats the magical part.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

If anyone is interested, the chance to 99 hp someone with ags-blitz is:

2cfdswl.png

with a as mage hit, b as ags hit, and under the condition that a+b>98

so before it was p(26,76)=0.00481, now it's p(36,80?)=0.057. 12 times as big lol..

*looks at herblore level*

:wall:

Switching is easier too (the clicks register more often now) so it could be 40 and if you do a good switch, 85 with ags is possible.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

2cfdswl.png

so before it was p(26,76)=0.00481, now it's p(36,80?)=0.057. 12 times as big lol..

I thought you had 99 magic... why the [bleep] are you still using ice blitz lol

ice barrage is more powerful, more accurate, and has a delay too

77yLQy8.png

Best update in a while.. Once prices crash, I'm buying 96 herblore, just so I can go 44 ports solo pk with yak, claws, overload, max mage, onyx bolts, etc and completely dominate.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

The way I understand some people's reactions, it's okay to have a huge advantage in combat because you made millions selling things made with a skill, but not okay to have one directly because of the level.

In my opinion, this is an excellent-sounding update.

I say "sounding" because my herblore level is lame.

Plus, the ranarrs in my bank have gone up 2k each.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Love the update. I've been desiring nontradable high level content and hope this is a trend we will see more of with consumption skills (fletching, smithing & crafting). Hope this is something we see much more of. As much as I love the update material I still think there are few things that need to be worked out.

The problems with this update are I consider myself to have a high herblore level at 80 and I can't make one of these potions. I could overlook this problem if it wasn't for the much bigger problem of supply and demand. Herblore was already so expensive to level and now it is going to be even more expensive. Plus It is nearly impossible to get herbs right now and I have a feeling that will last for awhile since herbs are a slower item to enter the game and so many players aren't even close to the level. What they needed to do was enter someway to counter balance this. Maybe something like with shards where there is a person that you could trade potions too that would exchange you back a percent of the raw ingredients back or cash (though cash still gives you the problem of not enough herbs to go around). A possibility is to make it so that he will start to trade at a 0/10 ratio (every 10 potions you give him you get nothing back) and every 10 levels it goes up by 1 potion so 90+ you get 9/10 (9 raw ingredients for every 10 potions you trade). This would allow people to keep herbs but also not make it so new herbs aren't obsolete. The other alternative is to create a new way to train that is cheaper but perhaps slower experience since herblore is pretty fast if you have the cash. Regardless something needs to be done.

All skills 80+

This is exactly what the player base is looking for!

• High level untradeable skill rewards
    Mages becoming slightly more powered
    A reason to train non combat skills
    A good forum update

If the rest of the year is like this it will be a great end to a not so good year. It might actually make up for all of the bad updates throughout the year!!

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

I really hope this is one of many updates to come. PVP and high combat in general could become extremely diversified if you start doing with with other skills.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Does anyone know the formulas for Extreme Attack, Strength and Defense potions as well as Extreme Ranged?

(For example: Ranged Potion is "lvl * 0.1 + 4" and Super Sets are "5+15% of lvl" rounded down.)

Only one I'm almost sure of is the prayer potion (Based on #'s given in KB), which would be (35%*level + 7) prayer points recovered per dose.

Extreme set (attack, str, def) seems to be 22%+5, but...not sure, and Extreme Range seems to be 20% + 4 (All boost are rounded down).

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

2cfdswl.png

I thought you had 99 magic... why the [bleep] are you still using ice blitz lol

ice barrage is more powerful, more accurate, and has a delay too

Barrage hits faster :ugeek:

But I might try a zuriel staff to ags switch some day.

if i still played, right about now id be happy to have 99 herb...finally itd be useful

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Argh...must train herblaw...for various things...

*Logs onto RS to put MTK workers on herbs*

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Worthless update now.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.