_BEST_ slayer gear ever.

Mesii

This might be better in Help and Advice. But to answet your question the best you can get would be DFS + Bandos and SGS for Specs.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Proselyte top + verac skirt/proselyte legs and piety owns any expensive armour you'd buy, if you have that many millions to waste you really should piety. Besides slayer helm/fire cape/barrows gloves/rune defender etc you don't need more, overly expensive slayer gear doesn't speed slayer up that much. If you really want more speed, piety + cannon + super sets and your armour wont even matter much.

2dvjurb.png

Proselyte top + verac skirt/proselyte legs and piety owns any expensive armour you'd buy, if you have that many millions to waste you really should piety. Besides slayer helm/fire cape/barrows gloves/rune defender etc you don't need more, overly expensive slayer gear doesn't speed slayer up that much. If you really want more speed, piety + cannon + super sets and your armour wont even matter much.

at 90 prayer and holy wrench, the prosy top only saves 7 doses of prayer potion per hour in comparison to a BCP

that's what, 20k gp? it's really not worth it for the sacrificed defense and strength bonus.

Tassets vs verac skirt is harder to say. verac skirt has +3 prayer and more defense

tassets are +2 strength and alot more expensive

i personally go for verac skirt

zamorakian spear + sgs + abyssal whip + rune defender are very necessary

with extreme antifire potions, dragonfire shield is only really useful against skeletal wyverns

Naaxi.png

There isn't 1 definite answer, since slayer is SO diverse.

You could buy bandos and wreck tasks like Scarabites, but would that be so useful at Mutated Bloodvelds, where you need to constantly pray melee?

You could buy a whip and have smooth sailing through most tasks, but would that be so useful at Waterfiends, where you need to use crush to be effective?

You could buy a Godsword, and deal high damage (if not less effective than the whip), but would that be so useful at Wyverns, where you need to use an elemental, mind, or dragonfire shield?

You could buy a Dragonfire shield, and get through most tasks easily, but would that be so useful at Kalphites, where you really don't need the defense?

So if money was no issue (but not considering really expensive equipment such as Spirit Shields), the best equipment would be:

-Whip

-Dragonfire, but also with a Rune defender for locations where the defense isn't need or isn't helpful, and a Zamorak Book for ranging

-Fury

-Barrows Gloves

-Slayer Helm, of course

-Zamorak Spear, fastest way to kill metals and Aquanites

-Saradomin Sword, fastest way to kill Gargolyes and Waterfiends

-Bandos armor, with Prossy for tasks where you must pray

-Cannon with cannonballs

-Void or Armadyl, for tasks such as Black Demons where you safespot + cannon

-Saradomin Godsword, but also a Dragon Dagger or Armadyl Godsword for tasks where you don't need the extra healing

-Dragon Boots

-Berserker Ring (i), but also Warrior Ring (i) where you need attack more than strength, and Onyx Ring (i) where you need attack more than strength and you aren't using Slash (ex. waterfiends or mithril dragons), also a Seers' (i) for tasks where you range + cannon. Of course, for practicality you could forget the Warrior and Seers (i) and just use a Berserker and Onyx

-Unicorn for healing, Elemental Titan when you want healing and fighting, and Steel Titan just for fighting

-Karils

-Rune crossbow with Broad/or better, bolts

-Knives, for range + cannon fire giants

-Chinchompas, for Nech tasks. Ice barrage is an alternative, but not a very good one.

-Overload Potions, plus Extreme Antifires and Extreme Prayer

-Praying piety on all tasks

This is true. The main advantage over having bandos, is that you can use it camping, at GWD/TDS, and resell it when you are done.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

As pevious posters have noted there is no definate set of gear however I would say these are essential(we will assume melee): Veracs skirt, Slayer helm, Pros platebody, fury, berskers ring, rune defender, whip, firecape, skillcape, dharoks platebody, dragon boots, barrows gloves, cannon w/ cannonballs, super sets.

Optional: Bandos chest/tasset, SGS, DFS, Prayer potions(for 10% str prayer).

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Zamorakian spear vs Irons? Wouldn't whip+defender be better? I kill them fast with whip and dfs.

Dragon slayer gloves are really useful too, equip barrows gloves until the dragon is on low hp, equip dragon slayer gloves and finish it off. :thumbup:

imagangster.png

Stab is much more effective on metals.

Ring of Wealth

You'd think someone with 98 slayer would know that the ROW sucks.

Its usefulness varies from task to task, and with the new MA rings there is more options to consider over it.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

How exactly are you supposed to kill metals without a shield (and without the extreme potion, of course)

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

How exactly are you supposed to kill metals without a shield (and without the extreme potion, of course)

Everyone overestimates the dragonfire. They don't use it that often, and even with normal antifire it only rarely hits 30/40+. Zs is a lot better than whip against metals, and worth the extra risk.

2dvjurb.png

Everyone overestimates the dragonfire. They don't use it that often, and even with normal antifire it only rarely hits 30/40+. Zs is a lot better than whip against metals, and worth the extra risk.

OK, I'll try it out next time.

[/hijack]

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Two things I always bring on a task that are extremely useful are:

-Explorer Ring 3

-Enhanced Excalibur

It's worth doing the diaries to get these. The ring gives you free low alchs, free run energy, and a quick tele close to a bank. The sword's special gives a huge defence boost and heals 20hp.

Sir_Veysas.png

D Jay is right, the dragonfire really isn't that bad. I think the reason why many people overestimate it is because they have a few bad run-ins. Really, it's just another attack. It's nothing you can't solve, especially if you're using Anti-fires already.

Plus, with Extreme Antifires, you remove dragonfire as a threat altogether.

Karamja Gloves 3 for tasks from Duradel/Lapalok. Slayer rings for tasks from Sumona. These are more along things to bring on tasks, but they are still really helpful.

If you still are scared about the fighting dragons without a shield, just try a LBS on stab with the shield. Won't be as good but it will keep you from worrying about getting killed.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]