What do you think of a Runescape TD?

magzar

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love td's so i'm all for this suggestion.

I have a couple of ideas of how it could work.

1) It could be part of one of the myreque quests i think. Can't remember whats the quest line where the werewolfs are trying to find a way over the salve? Rest of the world learns of this and sends you to set up a defence against this threat building towers along the pat that they will use to cross the river.

2) Could be part of sea slug or penguin quest as well. Either the penguins begin to get overwhelmed and ask the other races for help or they make land fall in the human lands and the same thing occurs as in the first suggestion

3) This one is my favorite.

It will be a skill based minigame rather then a combat.

2 teams face each other. a zammy team and a sara team.

For the zammy team summoning will be a more used skill to summon monsters while sara will rely more on construction to create towers.

Each team has a base with different equipment.

each base would have a anvil and forge, rocks with different ore up to rune, trees up to magic, an essance mine, a work bench with tools such as hammers, knives, ect., a multy purpose alter that can create elemental and catalytic runes, a storage bin where items will be stored and taken from, and finally a viewing orb similare to the one in fight caves that will let the viewer build towers or watch the progress of the creatures.

sara team would also have a sawmil to create planks and zammy would have a spirit shard mine and a portal that will summon creatures and send them along the path to the enemy base.

both team collects reasources and uses them to build towers and mosnters. For instance a basic tower would only take a few planks and either runes for strike spells, bronze arrows for range, or a halber for melee. zammy ont he other hand will use spirit shards and the items they make to summon monsters. such as making a bronze warrior by using full bronze armour and a bronze sword.

each game would last for say 20-30 minutes unless zammy destroying sara base before then. Rather then having a set hp limit for sara base each time a monster reaches the base a randome person gets kicked out of the game making it harder for the team to keep defending. the kicked person would still get the rewards at the end of the game though.

I think thats about it for now unless someone decides to make a post in the sugestions topic and i'll let someone els come up with creatures and towers and there abilities.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

A Runescape TD isn't pest control with construction... It's barbarian assault with towers. Everyone always forgets about barbarian assault, and everyone will forget about a Runescape TD.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

A Runescape TD isn't pest control with construction... It's barbarian assault with towers. Everyone always forgets about barbarian assault, and everyone will forget about a Runescape TD.

You're forgetting that Barbarian Assault actually already has towers - the egg cannons. And it already has hoards trying to get past - the Penance Runners, obviously.

... Guess we've already got a TD of sorts...

2dgucz6.png

I love td's so i'm all for this suggestion.

I have a couple of ideas of how it could work.

1) It could be part of one of the myreque quests i think. Can't remember whats the quest line where the werewolfs are trying to find a way over the salve? Rest of the world learns of this and sends you to set up a defence against this threat building towers along the pat that they will use to cross the river.

2) Could be part of sea slug or penguin quest as well. Either the penguins begin to get overwhelmed and ask the other races for help or they make land fall in the human lands and the same thing occurs as in the first suggestion

3) This one is my favorite.

It will be a skill based minigame rather then a combat.

2 teams face each other. a zammy team and a sara team.

For the zammy team summoning will be a more used skill to summon monsters while sara will rely more on construction to create towers.

Each team has a base with different equipment.

each base would have a anvil and forge, rocks with different ore up to rune, trees up to magic, an essance mine, a work bench with tools such as hammers, knives, ect., a multy purpose alter that can create elemental and catalytic runes, a storage bin where items will be stored and taken from, and finally a viewing orb similare to the one in fight caves that will let the viewer build towers or watch the progress of the creatures.

sara team would also have a sawmil to create planks and zammy would have a spirit shard mine and a portal that will summon creatures and send them along the path to the enemy base.

both team collects reasources and uses them to build towers and mosnters. For instance a basic tower would only take a few planks and either runes for strike spells, bronze arrows for range, or a halber for melee. zammy ont he other hand will use spirit shards and the items they make to summon monsters. such as making a bronze warrior by using full bronze armour and a bronze sword.

each game would last for say 20-30 minutes unless zammy destroying sara base before then. Rather then having a set hp limit for sara base each time a monster reaches the base a randome person gets kicked out of the game making it harder for the team to keep defending. the kicked person would still get the rewards at the end of the game though.

I think thats about it for now unless someone decides to make a post in the sugestions topic and i'll let someone els come up with creatures and towers and there abilities.

Not a bad idea, Except fot he kicking out think. That would never fly because it would piss people off. Still I don't like the idea of the basis being competative. We already have so many PvP minigames. I'd prefer one where players banded together to defeat hordes of monsters.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Tds are fun.

Good thing I have Warcraft 3: TFT to escape to :razz:

But, I would like to see a Runescape type Td soon.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Sounds like MA and PC combined...

I don't like it though, there are already plenty of awesome tower defence games out there, I don't see why I would want a RuneScape one aswell. (also might be a good idea to say TD=Tower defence since this isn't a WoW/tower defence forum)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

RS is a game that sucks your time

TD games suck your time by making you want to get past one more wave...

I see no use, both waste time..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

RS is a game that sucks your time

TD games suck your time by making you want to get past one more wave...

I see no use, both waste time..

Um ok, so what the hell are you doing on a forum about Runescape? Go do something that doesn't waste your time.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I would rather see a Runescape based RTS, one that operates like Red Alert 2. Now that would be awesome.

WORD.

This is what i wanted from MA, and was very, very disappointed.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

From what I can gather, is this just like WAW zombies?

um, I dunno. Never played that, but I doubt it.

[hide]

[/hide]

From what I can gather, is this just like WAW zombies?

um, I dunno. Never played that, but I doubt it.

No, it's not. From Wikipedia: Tower defense or TD is a subgenre of real-time strategy computer games.[1][2] The goal is to try to stop enemies from crossing the map by building towers which shoot at them as they pass. Enemies and towers usually have varied abilities and costs. When an enemy is defeated the player earns money or points, which are used to buy or upgrade towers.

I hate the games, personally, but I believe a mini-game could fit in...

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

So I downloaded a digital copy of frozen throne a few days ago and have been playing some TD's. My desire for a runescape td is higher than ever now and it gave me a new idea. Add in resource gathering. Your character could woodcut and mine for the materials needed to build towers rather than having an income or receiving resources from killing enemies. It seems that this would make it less like other TD's and more of a Runescape atmosphere.

My idea goes like this. Some players woodcut or mine or whatever else for resources to build towers and place them in some kind of receptacle. Then other players take those resources and use them to actually build the towers. Then to add another element, some of the more combat oriented player could play as "hero" type units, actually standing on the pathing and fighting the units as a supplement to the towers. That way it would truly have a place for both combat oriented players and skill oriented players. It would certainly bridge the proverbial gap between the two classes of player. I think we can all agree that, though it was the intention of Stealing creation to do just that, it didn't do a good job at all. Using a TD like this, I believe we would finally have a minigame that ushered in true cooperation between skillers and combat oriented players.

[hide]

[/hide]

So I downloaded a digital copy of frozen throne a few days ago and have been playing some TD's. My desire for a runescape td is higher than ever now and it gave me a new idea. Add in resource gathering. Your character could woodcut and mine for the materials needed to build towers rather than having an income or receiving resources from killing enemies. It seems that this would make it less like other TD's and more of a Runescape atmosphere.

My idea goes like this. Some players woodcut or mine or whatever else for resources to build towers and place them in some kind of receptacle. Then other players take those resources and use them to actually build the towers. Then to add another element, some of the more combat oriented player could play as "hero" type units, actually standing on the pathing and fighting the units as a supplement to the towers. That way it would truly have a place for both combat oriented players and skill oriented players. It would certainly bridge the proverbial gap between the two classes of player. I think we can all agree that, though it was the intention of Stealing creation to do just that, it didn't do a good job at all. Using a TD like this, I believe we would finally have a minigame that ushered in true cooperation between skillers and combat oriented players.

You could even take this a step farther into the RuneScape atmosphere, and make it as the "creeps" die, they turn into skillable objects for resouces, and drop items. For example like the living caverns, when a "rock" creep dies it turns into a mud deposit, which skillers can then mine for materials to rebuild and upgrade certain defenses.

This would ensure that skillers depend on combat for killing the creeps, but the combat depend on the skillers to repair/upgrade defenses.

You of couse have creeps that can only be killed by magic, or range, or melee, and even some skillers have to kill to keep it somewhat balanced among who is killing what.

There would of couse have to be basic materials around to start with, but the majority of materials should be generated by the creeps, keeping in the Runescape-monsters-drop-useful-stuff state of mind.

dawnsigblue-3.png

You could even take this a step farther into the RuneScape atmosphere, and make it as the "creeps" die, they turn into skillable objects for resouces, and drop items. For example like the living caverns, when a "rock" creep dies it turns into a mud deposit, which skillers can then mine for materials to rebuild and upgrade certain defenses.

This would ensure that skillers depend on combat for killing the creeps, but the combat depend on the skillers to repair/upgrade defenses.

You of couse have creeps that can only be killed by magic, or range, or melee, and even some skillers have to kill to keep it somewhat balanced among who is killing what.

There would of couse have to be basic materials around to start with, but the majority of materials should be generated by the creeps, keeping in the Runescape-monsters-drop-useful-stuff state of mind.

agreed, however some high level stuff should be skill made. (such as rune ammo/armor/weapons.)

as far as rewards go, id like to see construction xp, and other construction related rewards. (such as plans for buildings on the game map.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

agreed, however some high level stuff should be skill made. (such as rune ammo/armor/weapons.)

as far as rewards go, id like to see construction xp, and other construction related rewards. (such as plans for buildings on the game map.)

My thoughts were actually very similar to this, except i was thinking more like, creeps drop gold which can be used to buy upgrades not only for armor and weapons, but for skilling equipment as well. So basically the skillers would harvest the resources and make towers, craft new equipment, etc. But they would depend on the combat players to help kill the creeps and get the gold to upgrade their capabilities. That way it would require strategy to plan which upgrades to get in which order to best handle the next waves of creeps. Should we upgrade out combat player's weapons, or should we upgrade our tools so that the skillers can gain resources to build towers faster. Seems like a fun way to play to me.

Another use I thought of for combat players is keeping the creeps from attacking the towers.

[hide]

[/hide]

It NEEDS to be as good or better than Bloons 3. (Preferably 4, but I can handle 3.) Best TDs EVER. :thumbsup:

RAWR.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

it's guaranteed to be because bloons is single player. multiplayer TD's are always better than singleplayer.

[hide]

[/hide]

I'm utterly failing to see why you guys think there has to be two teams. I can't even fathom your logic here.

For the first person, what you suggested is a line tower war. Similar to a TD, but with the difference being you spawn creeps for your enemies and vice versa, usually increasing your income per "turn" while doing so.

Then Morningrise, BA is a one team game, players versus monsters. Why in the world would a tower defense have to have players running through the path?

If it's an interface issue, well that's simple. It could be viewed the same way your character normally is, and you simply run to the desired spot and use materials to build your tower, just like the construction skill. It could also be viewed in much the same was as mobilizing armies, with visibly designed clickable spaces to show where you can place your towers. A new interface could appear in the inventory area showing the towers. You simply click on one to "use" it and click the spot on the ground where you want it placed, and then you see your tiny little self like you see the units in MA, running to build it. As for resources for building, i think jagex has proved they're capable of putting counters on the screen.

(by the way that's not to say i'm against a tower wars mode, or a race mode to see who can kill all their waves first, or any other competitive mode, I'm just saying there's no reason it HAS to be competitive. One team working together against monsters, that's all it really needs)

Never once did I mention Barbarian Assault, oddly enough.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm utterly failing to see why you guys think there has to be two teams. I can't even fathom your logic here.

For the first person, what you suggested is a line tower war. Similar to a TD, but with the difference being you spawn creeps for your enemies and vice versa, usually increasing your income per "turn" while doing so.

Then Morningrise, BA is a one team game, players versus monsters. Why in the world would a tower defense have to have players running through the path?

If it's an interface issue, well that's simple. It could be viewed the same way your character normally is, and you simply run to the desired spot and use materials to build your tower, just like the construction skill. It could also be viewed in much the same was as mobilizing armies, with visibly designed clickable spaces to show where you can place your towers. A new interface could appear in the inventory area showing the towers. You simply click on one to "use" it and click the spot on the ground where you want it placed, and then you see your tiny little self like you see the units in MA, running to build it. As for resources for building, i think jagex has proved they're capable of putting counters on the screen.

(by the way that's not to say i'm against a tower wars mode, or a race mode to see who can kill all their waves first, or any other competitive mode, I'm just saying there's no reason it HAS to be competitive. One team working together against monsters, that's all it really needs)

But I did. Maybe he just got confused.

In Barbarian Assault you have Penance Runners who try to get from the back of the cave to the front. You also have the egg launchers that can be used to shoot them. Cut out all of the other stuff and you've already got one.

I'm not saying that you should accept BA as one and quit pushing, simply that they could restructure BA to fit your game's needs with a new game mode without creating a new random far off island.

I see people playing these on their phones or computers at school all of the time...

If I'm off somehow in my understanding, don't explode.

2dgucz6.png

But I did. Maybe he just got confused.

In Barbarian Assault you have Penance Runners who try to get from the back of the cave to the front. You also have the egg launchers that can be used to shoot them. Cut out all of the other stuff and you've already got one.

I'm not saying that you should accept BA as one and quit pushing, simply that they could restructure BA to fit your game's needs with a new game mode without creating a new random far off island.

I see people playing these on their phones or computers at school all of the time...

If I'm off somehow in my understanding, don't explode.

To be honest I've never even played BA, and I really wouldn't enjoy another mode based off of it. I agree it does kinda have elements of a TD, but it's really pretty far removed from actually being one. I Think that if done right this could be one of the most popular minigames there is. With TD's there are so many different ways to set it up, that the possibilities are endless.

[hide]

[/hide]