What do you think of a Runescape TD?

magzar

I'd like a TD, but unless the rewards were worth it, TDs for my Ipod touch/ general TDs would most likely be better.

If it has a rating system that would appear on the hi-scores, would you change your mind? ;)

No. Funorb is for that.

well what would you say to a bit of con XP, plus blueprints allowing you to build a wall and turrets around you POH? Then maybe throw in some new gear depending on which role you played, such as new armor for slayers which defend against certain types of enemies, a crossbow for rangers that shoots slightly faster, a new staff for mages with an effect like cold which would slow or poison or whatever, etc.?

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though, my opinion is problably biased because i HATE TD games...

Lulz probably so

I agree Mobilizing armies really makes no sense in the grand scheme of things. However it wouldn't be hard to make a new quest that involved a horde of monsters attacking Lumby and forcing you to spring to its defense. Then that quest would open the door for the new minigame.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

This is basically a Pest Control game with construction...

But if it is awful enough we can put it next to Mobilishing armies.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

When I first thought of a Tower Defense, it sounds like the shades of morton and Temple Building. You are building a "tower" and defending against the swarms of shades. Very robust but it fits my idea of what one would look like.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

When I first thought of a Tower Defense, it sounds like the shades of morton and Temple Building. You are building a "tower" and defending against the swarms of shades. Very robust but it fits my idea of what one would look like.

Ehh, no temple building is more like what's called a "Hero Siege"

As for shades of mort'ton that's....well.... it's not really like much of anything really

[hide]

[/hide]

ingame TD? yeah, it has alot of potential if done right, and the rewards are worth our time. sad to say noone plays fun minigames in rs w/o reward (save maby castle wars.)

and personally, i like the idea of a single player TD better. The better your construction, the better you will do. and of courase, having high combat stats for certain towers/ creatures would help.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Runescape's gameplay is too slow for there to be a good TD game. Mobilizing Armies was kind of cool, but things just move too slow in RS for it to be fun.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Runescape has a TD.

[hide]Tormented_Demonc.PNG[/hide]

Anyway, why would Jagex make another Tower Defense game when Orb Defence, a perfectly awesome one, already exists on Funorb? It would just be a waste of time that could be spent on new quests, high-level content, and other things that people actually want.

Runescape has a TD.

[hide]Tormented_Demonc.PNG[/hide]

Anyway, why would Jagex make another Tower Defense game when Orb Defence, a perfectly awesome one, already exists on Funorb? It would just be a waste of time that could be spent on new quests, high-level content, and other things that people actually want.

They've already started working on that content months ago, and it is to be released in the next months ;)

So after that, I guess there is time to make a new minigame :D

I love TD games, but I don't think they would be as fun in RS, just like how Mobilizing Armies isn't as fun as a real RTS. There is just too much delay.

I don't think there's too much delay, I mean talk to me about delay when you're fighting Jad. Thins in RS really can move quickly if they're designed to. I think i could be entirely plausible.

[hide]

[/hide]

I would rather see a Runescape based RTS, one that operates like Red Alert 2. Now that would be awesome.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

A Tower Defense. Players build attacking towers to fend off waves of creeps and prevent them from reaching a goal point.

Sounds interesting.

Are you proposing a minigame with this type of gameplay?

yes indeedy. Other than undead assault(which i would love to see on RS but fear is out of it's range) TD's are one of my favorite multiplayer games.

*thinks about nazi zombies runescape edition*

It could work, however I think it would have to have some sort of quest tie.

Sea Slugs!! They're similar to zombies and we've yet to see a quest for them in a long time.

Popoto.~<3

Such a thing would fit if you were part of the attacking hoard and were controlling your own character.

Actually, this could be two-sided like Castle Wars or Soul Wars, but at the moment, I can't think of how it could be balanced.

I mean, one team is protected in turrets and the other is just getting picked off...

However, there are many, many different existing character sets that could be used.

A few off the top of my head would be the Penance from Barbarian Assault, and the Void creatures (actual name?) from Pest Control. In fact, it could work just about anywhere that you have two opposing sides, or a group of monsters attacking something, like Shades of Mort'ton. It could even simply become another section of Mobilizing Armies.

It would be a nice quest mechanic/section/segment/event that unlocks it as replayable minigame afterwords.

2dgucz6.png

Ah yes, this is a wonderful idea, because I personally LOVE playing TDs online on Warcraft 3. My favourite type of maps to play. Wouldn't mind seeing a RuneScape one. The only problem is, server demands might become a bit too much considering that there would have to be a game generated per person playing it.

j0xPu5R.png

I think we are more likely to see a TD in stellar dawn then in RS.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I love . . . LOVE tower defense games, but like Mobilising Armies, it just wouldn't fit in.

Unless you had two teams - one team running through a path and the other team constructing towers to range or mage from, and warriors actually ON the path chasing down stragglers. That would be cool. It would have to be .... like Runescape. Not like how MA is a Funorb game in disguise. I dunno. I think it has potential, and could be really fun. I love TD games, but it would have to be implemented just right.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm utterly failing to see why you guys think there has to be two teams. I can't even fathom your logic here.

For the first person, what you suggested is a line tower war. Similar to a TD, but with the difference being you spawn creeps for your enemies and vice versa, usually increasing your income per "turn" while doing so.

Then Morningrise, BA is a one team game, players versus monsters. Why in the world would a tower defense have to have players running through the path?

If it's an interface issue, well that's simple. It could be viewed the same way your character normally is, and you simply run to the desired spot and use materials to build your tower, just like the construction skill. It could also be viewed in much the same was as mobilizing armies, with visibly designed clickable spaces to show where you can place your towers. A new interface could appear in the inventory area showing the towers. You simply click on one to "use" it and click the spot on the ground where you want it placed, and then you see your tiny little self like you see the units in MA, running to build it. As for resources for building, i think jagex has proved they're capable of putting counters on the screen.

(by the way that's not to say i'm against a tower wars mode, or a race mode to see who can kill all their waves first, or any other competitive mode, I'm just saying there's no reason it HAS to be competitive. One team working together against monsters, that's all it really needs)

[hide]

[/hide]