26-Oct-09 H'ween Update

Toad

Loved the Halloween Event. Now I have my own spider. <3:

To the 76king thing, I honestly think there would be easier ways to stop this completely instead of just beating around the bush like they are right now.

Gonna be interesting to see how much items drop because of panic. :P

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the Halloween Event. Now I have my own spider. <3:

To the 76king thing, I honestly think there would be easier ways to stop this completely instead of just beating around the bush like they are right now.

Gonna be interesting to see how much items drop because of panic. :P

I put a ZGS and SGS in the GE for med. I have no plans on taking them out until they sell.

I know I'm not a genius, but chances are the prices of items will just swing right back around. Until Jagex actually takes away artifacts, inflation will still occur. And the fact that they did nothing to hinder 76k'ing makes things even stickier.

The 76k update only effects people who don't have friends.

Stellactic.gif

Sounds like a fun event. Ill do it when i have time tomorrow.

[hide=omg....]Time Played:

154 days 10 hours = 5.07 months of only runescape

hahaha

[/hide]

Where do you see how long you've played?

clansig7.gif

Weve made some improvements to the way banks calculate your free space. Free-players who used to be members will no longer have to dump all their members items to be able to use their banks and everyone can now see their usage in more detail on the interface. For more information, please read the Controls - Banks page.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Way to make this update a real one a few days after I emptied out all my member's objects. GF me. -.-

I've just read the anti 76king measure, and I've already thought of a way to counter it for those trickers.

3 people trick, you take person A, B and C with 100% EP

Person A kills person B

Person B kills person C

Person C kills person A

Person B kills person A

Person A kills person C

Person C kills person B

You've killed people, so Jagex's system will not count it as trading kills, amirite?

DISCLAIMER: I do not trick myself anymore, but this is what I think most smart 76kers would do, as it gets around the system (as far as I can see), and as you are not trading kills, you'll get the same good drops each kill

2nd DISCLAIMER: I don't like tricking, as I see what it does to the econemy, but this idea would probably be thought of anyway, so I wanted the credit :P

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Weve made some improvements to the way banks calculate your free space. Free-players who used to be members will no longer have to dump all their members items to be able to use their banks and everyone can now see their usage in more detail on the interface. For more information, please read the Controls - Banks page.

Thats an excuse for not dumping all my members object at the end of Memberships :thumbsup:

Plus the Anti-76king and Halloween Event :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Eek can be put into the menagerie pet house.

He can also be put in the Holiday box.

Feel kinda mean storing him away in a tight box full of clothing though. :P

I'm judging from the posts that they didn't "decorate" Draynor and Rimmington like they did for the event last year? Too bad -- I was hoping the special decorations would be an annual seasonal event. Loved the spooky look of those villages.

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a new emote/holiday quest this year. :(

The spider's awesome, though.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I've just read the anti 76king measure, and I've already thought of a way to counter it for those trickers.

Person A kills person B

Person B kills person C

Person C kills person A

Person B kills person A

Person A kills person C

Person C kills person B

You've killed people, so Jagex's system will not count it as trading kills, amirite?

DISCLAIMER: I do not trick myself anymore, but this is what I think most smart 76kers would do, as it gets around the system (as far as I can see), and as you are not trading kills, you'll get the same good drops each kill

2nd DISCLAIMER: I don't like tricking, as I see what it does to the econemy, but this idea would probably be thought of anyway, so I wanted the credit :P

I'm pretty sure since the kills back and forth between the people are in relatively quick succession it still would not work

britonlongbo.png

Has anyone found the 'supposed' extra reward yet?

Where did you hear of an extra reward?

The Knowledge Base Article under the reward section.

Edit: Nevermind, I read over it a few times and understood the context of it. :P

Useless update explained in proper topic

As well as added a little judgement by yours truly...

Gonna go get me a spider pet now :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So the magical anti-76k method is just remembering who previously killed you and mark him to drop crap for you?

Hopefully it remembers everyone you kill, so if you repeatedly kill the same people over again the value of those drops declines.

Lagatag.png

Person A kills person B

Person B kills person C

Person C kills person A

Person B kills person A

Person A kills person C

Person C kills person B

That was my first thought for a counter, and that seems like such an obvious dodge that I'm stunned Jagex didn't catch onto it. Although a more efficent secenario would be the formation of tricking clans within a certain level limit, and then just "potlucking"; picking a person at random to perform the trick. At least it makes 76king somewhat more inconvienent.