Oh man oh man oh man..

Clapton1988

Well, about ~15 minutes ago I died while bursting rock lobs in an attempt to speed up 79 summoning; I had basically all the charms that I needed (and then some) but decided I would stay for some much needed magic exp, hitpoints exp (as I'm now 900-950k till 99) and some extra charms; at least until I ran out of prayer potions. I don't have a picture as I barely even saw it coming, I had 40 hp (was going to heal w/ blood burst after I had collected them all) and rounded the corner to trap the dags. Randomly and very suddenly, I died. I was previously worth around 85m depending on my Bandos price rises/drops. I am now at (just checked) 64M. I am also screwed out of 4 hours worth of collecting the charms necessary for my summoning expenditure.

I was just barely making it by with my 85m with my runescape routine, and now being shot in the chest for a hefty 21M, I am awe stricken and am also thinking of quitting once and for all. Quitting right now would be the semi-right choice, but I still (even after my sudden death up until now) feel as I should keep going, but I know that my runescape life will be altered unmistakably. Instead of 79 summoning and maximizing my melee skills, I may resort to skilling once again and pour my measly 64M into that skilling trust fund.

I lack the sufficient funds to be able to achieve 79 summoning AND use it to fulfill my one true motive behind the goal, titans for Saradomin god wars dungeon. This makes my 83 slayer venture that I had all but recently achieved, meaningless.

Coming upon this realization, my heart instantly sank down to my stomach, and bounced up to my throat. If I possessed the ability to cry over a runescape tragedy, this would be the moment. However, I did not lose enough to bring myself to tears. It takes 22m >_> *achem*

Now for the advice part that I need..

I'm combat 131, possess 64m, total 1886. My 99's are: Attack, Strength, Fletch, and hitpoints is one off, and defence is three off. Cooking is 9 off if you count that (I don't). (For my detailed stats, my runescape hiscore page is only a few clicks away as my display name is Clapton 1988

I need some advice on what to do from here. What skill to work on, maybe some motivation to get back on the gwd saddle, maybe a slap on the head and another motivational speech on how I should quit. I don't know, that part is up to you. Just looking for some answers (in all the right places I hope).

Thanks for any and all advice/help in advance. It's much appreciated.

NOTE!: I never said feel sorry or take pity on me. I guess this question was more directed at the runescape members with a wealth status equivalent or higher of mine. I was asking for advice, not a rant.

clapton_1988.png

Reading the last two posts, I probably would have responded in the same manner as you have, but all the same; think of it not as I have 64m, but as I have just lost 21m, which is a large portion of your cash stock, and wear those shoes. I'd like to see some answers from that perspective.

clapton_1988.png

That's not too bad, i've lost about 1.5b in deaths myself, 100m of it was from losing connection at rock lobs (dced there twice, both with about 40m in barrages + ahrims mage book etc)

But yeah, you'll make it back, just try and forget about, raging about it isnt going to do anything but make you feel worse. Besides, 60m inst that bad, atleast you weren't cleaned completely. I lost my entire bank a few months ago, about 300-400m worth. Now i'm worth about 700m.

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

Thanks zemus, and skill if you read the sentence properly you would see that it read "barely making it by with my 85m with my runescape routine".

My routine was a fairly expensive and an always rotating one. I was used to having 85m and made it by with that, but just barely as compared to what I would have liked. Sorry for being unclear.

clapton_1988.png

I didn't read it because I saw the fact you died.

#1 - Move on, make it back you have the skills to do so, don't burst anyway slay charms! it's cheaper (you make money!) and you also get slayer experience.

#2 - Barely getting by is it that much of a struggle? I've lost my entire networth before, I know it's not nice to happen but knowledge is power go and make it back.

Basically just get up off your feet, all quick methods come with a risk and big rule here only take what you're willing to lose.

60M is plenty you can do 1-99 on 60M I know I did via slayer, bursting is such a waste of money seriously.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

First of all, I'm sorry you lost all of that. Not the same, but I have spent 20m on skills recently and I only had a little more than you. But Hunter helped me get that back up (as well as TDs, but that was only today).

Honestly, you'll make it back. It'll take you a while, of course, but eventually you'll end up with more than you originally had. Best of luck to you, and I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

1) 7 years, 114cb and only just made it to 23m Net worth thanks to a lucky dragon chain drop.

2) you still have 64m, suck it up. use some of it for farming, its currently making a freaking fortune thanks to the herblore update. made 2.4m in a fortnight of toadflax from just popping in-game now and then, think of what you can make with more costly seeds like ranarr/snapdragon etc. Your also 131 combat, try GWD, with the price of things and your level I'm sure its not that difficult to get a crew of 2 or 3 and haul in some cash.

This also belongs in Help and Advice section.

edit: You could even multitask both GWD/Farming. do a farm run in between a certian number of trips.

Popoto.~<3

In may of this year, I lost 25m'ish in BH due to the skull glitch. That was half my bank. Now, I've spent over 100m since then on summon/con/pray etc, and have a 275m+ bank. If you are persistent, you will make it back. I didn't let it stop me.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Ive been shot down from 150m - 50m in seconds once. And the other day i went from 110m - 30m in a few seconds when i aclhed my SGS by accident. Sure, it felt like Jesus had taken a sandel and slapped my is the sack. I felt like quitting there and then. I still play and i don't enjoy the game ay less. Suck it up. Its just a game.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Ive been shot down from 150m - 50m in seconds once. And the other day i went from 110m - 30m in a few seconds when i aclhed my SGS by accident. Sure, it felt like Jesus had taken a sandel and slapped my is the sack. I felt like quitting there and then. I still play and i don't enjoy the game ay less. Suck it up. Its just a game.

We've added a confirmation when casting High Alchemy on items with a Grand Exchange value of 500,000gp or higher. This should prevent the accidental alching of those expensive items.

ejsutz.png

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Before all these grave stones and items not showing to others on death people used to fear death, accept it, and move on when they died. It seems that the new Runescape is breeding a bunch of whiners who cry if they lag, die, don't get the drops they want.

You know the saying 'with great risk comes great reward'? It seems that people these days (not just RS) expect things for free and without any sort of risk or consiquence.

My advice to you is, accept it, move on.

[hide=Off Topic]

We've added a confirmation when casting High Alchemy on items with a Grand Exchange value of 500,000gp or higher. This should prevent the accidental alching of those expensive items.

ejsutz.png

I'm not sure if this is the guy, but I know that someone alched a GS 2 days before Jagex implimented that. Yeah, huge slap in the face, but hey, its just how the game goes.

[/hide]

If you start thinking of quitting when you lose some gp you should probably just quit. Obviously you have some priority problems, it's a game. You shouldn't have been risking it if you couldn't play the game after losing it. If I lost everything in my bank I wouldn't be happy but I also wouldn't get on the tip.it forums and ask everyone if I should quit the game. I would probably just try and work my way back up. If you had it then you have the means to get it again, be it monster hunting or skilling.

Burquedout.png

ejsutz.png

:XD:. That was a bit of an over-exaggeration slaytanic.

As far as the question goes, I might not be rich but I have personal accounts from my friend who has lost over 60M in a month from stupidity. He kept going to PvP and buying DDS' until he used up all his cash. He was refunded 1M through the kills he got.

How is that relevant? Well, every time he died or lost his money, he'd work his way back up. He lost ALL his cash, so had nothing to back himself up on (where your 64M comes in). He would kill green dragons with full rune and catch his own lobsters. Eventually, he worked his way back up to 10M and his cash pile kept growing. It was only when my friend, as a joke, dropped all his gear (worth 16M at the time) and walked away (this was also at school). He got a random event, the teacher came over for about 1 minute and talked to them about their work, and when he compelted it all his stuff was gone.

Moral of the story: Don't be stupid, especially when you don't have cash to throw around :P

disturbeda.png

If you start thinking of quitting when you lose some gp you should probably just quit. Obviously you have some priority problems, it's a game. You shouldn't have been risking it if you couldn't play the game after losing it. If I lost everything in my bank I wouldn't be happy but I also wouldn't get on the tip.it forums and ask everyone if I should quit the game. I would probably just try and work my way back up. If you had it then you have the means to get it again, be it monster hunting or skilling.

Everyone gets that feeling after losing a significant chunk of their value, including me. It's perfectly natural, and the vast majority of people choose to keep going and make their way back up because they don't want to end on a low note.

Oh, and I usually only have ~1M in coins on me or less, the rest I spend on equipment, so I think it's safe to say that you can 'survive' on over 50M.

~ W ~

sigzi.png