23-Nov-09 Thanksgiving 09

Toad

On topic. I hope that they will be tagging on a bit more to this event. This would be the first major holiday event that has added nothing whatsoever to the game, I believe.

Lillies in the spring?....

The lillies were better than this. Mostly because they actually call this an event.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad that those turkeys didn't count towards combat xp. :-(

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

I'm not sure how Jagex is going to get out of this without it being a failure. Its something they put into the game, meaning they put time and effort into it, yet didn't make an announment out of it. So anyone who doesn't check the forums has a chance at missing out on this. For instance, i would never have known had i not been active on tip.it.

The idea that the secound half of the update got pushed back to later in the week is an even worse failure. That means they released half an update because part wasn't ready. Thanksgiving is a marked date.....it doesn't just sneak up on you.

I can't see how it is possible that Jagex thought this through at all. I'm more than dissapointed in the fact that they wasted time on an update that wasn't put infront of the player base.

swordwarior.png

The idea that the secound half of the update got pushed back to later in the week is an even worse failure. That means they released half an update because part wasn't ready. Thanksgiving is a marked date.....it doesn't just sneak up on you.

*facepalm*

I seriosuly doubt that's the reason -.-

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I'm not sure how Jagex is going to get out of this without it being a failure. Its something they put into the game, meaning they put time and effort into it, yet didn't make an announment out of it. So anyone who doesn't check the forums has a chance at missing out on this. For instance, i would never have known had i not been active on tip.it.

I can't see how it is possible that Jagex thought this through at all. I'm more than dissapointed in the fact that they wasted time on an update that wasn't put infront of the player base.

Or perhaps the update is huge, and they wanted to release it in two parts. There is the last minute bug that appears in a lot of games, and it doesn't make Jagex a bad company.

Cry some more. So you have to wait a couple more days, big deal.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Or perhaps the update is huge, and they wanted to release it in two parts. There is the last minute bug that appears in a lot of games, and it doesn't make Jagex a bad company.

Yup, you got me....crying over a game. I could care less if they don't update at all this week, or month even. The way they handled this was stupid. To add content to the game without telling people is a complete waste.

I understand bugs come, but the point is if they were planing a Thanksgiving update, maybe having it finished at ready to launch a little early wouldn't be a bad idea.

swordwarior.png

Yup, you got me....crying over a game. I could care less if they don't update at all this week, or month even. The way they handled this was stupid. To add content to the game without telling people is a complete waste.

I understand bugs come, but the point is if they were planing a Thanksgiving update, maybe having it finished at ready to launch a little early wouldn't be a bad idea.

When Valve released Left 4 Dead 2 this past week, it was delayed a couple hours because of a sudden bug that completely broke multiplayer, yet one that didn't pop up until literally hours before the game's launch despite thousands of hours of playtesting. These bugs do happen.

They didn't handle it stupidly, and it may be that it wasn't delayed at all. They turkey thing is a small update meant to hold people over until the real update later this week, will be in the news post but was added for those who find it, and if they had posted it on the front page you would still be crying that they wasted everyone's time by posting a news bulletin on the front page over such a small update.

You assume Jagex is stumbling through this unorganized, yet I haven't seen any actual valid points in your posts. Again, stop crying.

Get over it and wait until later this week, or QQ. If a Jagex staffer merely coughed, there would be someone there to explain to him why his cough failed.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

RSOF Page

This Week's Game Content - Thanksgiving!

Hi all,

This week's game content revolves around Thanksgiving. You have the turkey-related exploits of the Lumbridge Castle cooks brother and later this week you will...just have to wait and see!

If super-turkeys aren't your thing, don't fret, next week we shall be releasing something for you questers.

Good luck and happy Thanksgiving! :D

New quest next week O.o

Hopefully it doesnt stuff up my Quest Cape. D:

Popoto.~<3

There have been a number of comments about how this was released (i.e. not on the front page) and the fact there will be 2 releases this week. My views are:

- Monday's update was simply a way for those players who have not unlocked the emote to do so. They kept it turkey related to fit in with the emote that is being unlocked.

- The real thanksgiving release will be on Thursday and will be a small holiday event, but not turkey related. The reason I think it will be small is the fact that they have hinted at a large quest being released next week, to manage peeoples expectations. I would expect they will reference Monday's release in to the 'In Other News' section.

- Fairy Tale part 3 will be released next week as hinted.

Just my two penneth.

chumley.png

Well, nine, if you consider that he cuts you off after the tenth one dies.

I'm just amazed that removing the bones from a turkey is so easy.

You can cut off the text to pick stuff up, then reclick on the brother to leave, I did on my pure to regain the arrows used. Yes I'm that cheap.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Well, nine, if you consider that he cuts you off after the tenth one dies.

I'm just amazed that removing the bones from a turkey is so easy.

You can cut off the text to pick stuff up, then reclick on the brother to leave, I did on my pure to regain the arrows used. Yes I'm that cheap.

I just gate seeing the lying on the ground. I always pick them up.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

If this update you speak of is so huge, why on earth would they release 10 already used Turkeys and some dialogue first?

That makes no sense.

And "cry some more" ? Really? Jesus Christ, he's just pointing out some things he isn't satisfied about. Criticism makes better, saying "cry some more" is just as retarted as saying "If you don't like, don't play" , which also is one of the worst arguments in RuneScape history. JaGeX isn't this perfect company which does everything well, they've made numerous mistakes and will make more in the future. Let's just hope they learn from their mistakes.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

I enjoyed doing this event because it was a nice change from grinding runecrafting (slug menace here I come). I also didn't get the emote last year but could have used the combat experience.

-Arash of Amlesh

friedtomato7.png "Zamorak pjed Zaros. He would have won 1v1.

" The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order-BrianPickrell

"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that now one ever knew before. But in poetry, its the exact opposite."

Paul Dirac, 1902-1984

If this update you speak of is so huge, why on earth would they release 10 already used Turkeys and some dialogue first?

That makes no sense.

And "cry some more" ? Really? Jesus Christ, he's just pointing out some things he isn't satisfied about. Criticism makes better, saying "cry some more" is just as retarted as saying "If you don't like, don't play" , which also is one of the worst arguments in RuneScape history. JaGeX isn't this perfect company which does everything well, they've made numerous mistakes and will make more in the future. Let's just hope they learn from their mistakes.

No, "Cry some More" is what you get when you play to much Team Fortress 2 and/or troll the Steam forums. You get that, "It's Cold in here" and "Air strike mode".

OT: I hope it's something cool for F2P; the second half of the update that is.

Prism_Swords.png

I feel that the overworked jagex staff was pressured into putting the turkeys to buy them selfs some time to work out the final bugs out of there event.

Also I wouldn't be so disappointed if this is the only event for thanksgiving because i feel it is only a minor holiday.

friedtomato7.png "Zamorak pjed Zaros. He would have won 1v1.

" The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order-BrianPickrell

"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that now one ever knew before. But in poetry, its the exact opposite."

Paul Dirac, 1902-1984

That makes no sense.

Jagex has done this before, it's called stick a small update with part of the large update, and then introduce the large update with the rest so the servers don't go under too much load from everyone trying to download the update at once.

Again, you're assuming that this is due to an unintended event on Jagex's end, when it could be completely intentional. Either way, whining over half of an update coming out on Monday with the rest about three days later qualifies you as an over-privileged crybaby.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png