23-Nov-09 Thanksgiving 09

Toad

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you complain, what else are you supposed to give our for Thanksgiving other than a cornucopia?

A weildable Turkey Drumstick would be neat. :P

Access to a "Turkey Island" where turkey's roam all year.

A turkey Head Hat or just a Turkey beak which you can operate which then makes you do a part of the chicken dance while saying "Gobble" and making a gobble sound.

Use your imagination. ;)

Most of you complain, what else are you supposed to give our for Thanksgiving other than a cornucopia?

A turkey Head Hat or just a Turkey beak which you can operate which then makes you do a part of the chicken dance while saying "Gobble" and making a gobble sound.

Use your imagination. ;)

Won't you take me to

Turkeytown

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Use your imagination. ;)

Won't you take me to

Turkeytown

Cause this is turkey! Turkey night!

And no one's gonna save you from the fowl who crawl the night!

You know it's turkey! Turkey night!

You're gonna use the leftovers for turkey, jerky tonight!!!!

This thread is now about turkey-renditions of songs.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Use your imagination. ;)

Won't you take me to

Turkeytown

Cause this is turkey! Turkey night!

And no one's gonna save you from the fowl who crawl the night!

You know it's turkey! Turkey night!

You're gonna use the leftovers for turkey, jerky tonight!!!!

This thread is now about turkey-renditions of songs.

I just did it with no reward... Not even an emote... Fun event though.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It wouldn't let me pick up the turkey meat as I killed them, but when I went back later they were gone. The brother said not to worry, he'd take care of it later...

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Very funny. I liked it

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It wouldn't let me pick up the turkey meat as I killed them, but when I went back later they were gone. The brother said not to worry, he'd take care of it later...

Well, as I said, the Runescape Knowledge Base does mention that you are able to replay it.

Perhaps when they release the second half of the holiday event, you'll be able to return to the "turkey pen," kill them for exp, and pick up the turkey meat?

Just speculating.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

If you got exp from them, that would be massive amounts with how high anyone can just hit.

But people need to stop whining and wait for the next part of it, even mods are complaining. :? Thought they would me less childish.

Dr_Brinner.png

clawspec.png

Someone try cannoning them and recording it? :P

I think these turkey's have more hp then Lucien does. :P

Ok, maybe not, but it looks like they have 1k hp.

This would be a good time to make a max-hitting video.

For those of us that are at work and can't view the update because of proxies..... can someone cut and paste the update like it normally is?

This update hasn't officially been announced on the homepage yet. The link is to the Knowledge Base article. I can add it though.

[hide=Article] They may not be able to fly well, run particularly fast or look inconspicuous, but the turkeys always seem to ruin Thanksgiving plans. This time round, the brother of the Lumbridge Castle cook has been plumping the Thanksgiving turkeys up on a special food mix, designed to make them extra lean and tasty. Instead, the turkeys have turned out to be super-sized and extra strong, and they are less than enamoured with the idea of being in Lumbridge stomachs! Can you get them on tables in time for Thanksgiving? Head to the Lumbridge Castle kitchen to find out.

The Event

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to kill the super-turkeys that are gathering in the north of Lumbridge!

You won't be left to challenge these level 138 monsters by yourself, of course; the brother of the Lumbridge Cook wouldn't be that cruel. He will offer you gravy from the great gravy boat of Saradomin, making you stronger and less likely to take damage from your opponents. It is then up to you to fight and kill every one of the ten turkeys as the cook cheers on from the sidelines!

You can return to complete the event at any time by travelling a short distance north-west of Fred the Farmer's field, north of Lumbridge.

Rewards

The Thanksgiving emote can be unlocked by any mighty champion who smites all ten turkeys.

[/hide]

I agree with Me_Hate_Libs. We need much more than this for our Thanksgiving update. Jagex missed a huge opportunity here. When you finish the turkey event you should be able to craft "turkey runes" and turkey should be a new food that requires level 99 cooking and heals 30s. They could've released a whole new skill for hunting turkeys and given us different levels of turkeys to catch and then we can take the turkey feathers and make new turkey armors and weapons that hit as high as a godsword but are 1 handed and a little bit faster. They could've released something like a new turkey dungeon with turkey agility shortcuts and maybe let the higher level turkeys drop the new Turkey Runes which can be used to cast the new turkey spells that summon a turkey familiar to fight along side your current familiar. At the end of the dungeon there should be a turkey king who you need to use the turkey shield on or else he hits you for 100 damage every hit. They could make him drop turkey herbs which could be a great update to herblore and you could make a turkey potion that makes your character feel thankful for everything he has ever been given.

Way to miss out on your chance to make this Thanksgiving update something it shouldve been <_<

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I agree with Me_Hate_Libs. We need much more than this for our Thanksgiving update. Jagex missed a huge opportunity here. When you finish the turkey event you should be able to craft "turkey runes" and turkey should be a new food that requires level 99 cooking and heals 30s. They could've released a whole new skill for hunting turkeys and given us different levels of turkeys to catch and then we can take the turkey feathers and make new turkey armors and weapons that hit as high as a godsword but are 1 handed and a little bit faster. They could've released something like a new turkey dungeon with turkey agility shortcuts and maybe let the higher level turkeys drop the new Turkey Runes which can be used to cast the new turkey spells that summon a turkey familiar to fight along side your current familiar. At the end of the dungeon there should be a turkey king who you need to use the turkey shield on or else he hits you for 100 damage every hit. They could make him drop turkey herbs which could be a great update to herblore and you could make a turkey potion that makes your character feel thankful for everything he has ever been given.

Way to miss out on your chance to make this Thanksgiving update something it shouldve been <_<

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

a70c7.png

clawspec.png

Someone try cannoning them and recording it? :P

I just sold my cannon this morning for funds. :mad:

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

hitwitheastercarrot.png

I think this is the only way the Easter carrot ever hits anything...

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.