23-Nov-09 Thanksgiving 09

Toad

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the damage you deal is set to a certain region whatever your weapon is. So an AGS will deal the same region of damage as a dagger against these guys. I managed 170's with a rubber chicken.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I managed 199 with an SS. I was typing in chat the time though so I didn't get a screenshot. Tbh I don't think weapon power means anything here, you get boosted so much by the "gravy boat of saradomin" that even a carrot can inflict maj0r damages.

asrhasrh.jpg

I managed 199 with an SS. I was typing in chat the time though so I didn't get a screenshot. Tbh I don't think weapon power means anything here, you get boosted so much by the "gravy boat of saradomin" that even a carrot can inflict maj0r damages.

That's why a dwarven cannon would be great if you're able to bring it in. :P It's the fastest weapon in the game and should be fun to see turkeys die really fast from 100+ cannonball hits.
imagangster.png

RSOF Page

This Week's Game Content - Thanksgiving!

Hi all,

This week's game content revolves around Thanksgiving. You have the turkey-related exploits of the Lumbridge Castle cooks brother and later this week you will...just have to wait and see!

If super-turkeys aren't your thing, don't fret, next week we shall be releasing something for you questers.

Good luck and happy Thanksgiving! :D

New quest next week O.o

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

With a rubber chicken:

63vf5g.jpg

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

RSOF Page

This Week's Game Content - Thanksgiving!

Hi all,

This week's game content revolves around Thanksgiving. You have the turkey-related exploits of the Lumbridge Castle cooks brother and later this week you will...just have to wait and see!

If super-turkeys aren't your thing, don't fret, next week we shall be releasing something for you questers.

Good luck and happy Thanksgiving! :D

New quest next week O.o

FTP3

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

whats that

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Revolves around Thanksgiving..... farm and cook update pls?

Thanksgiving was first celebrated by the pilgrims.

The pilgrims used the Mayflower to get to the U.S.

The Mayflower was a ship that used the power of wind to travel.

Using wind requires sails.........

Z0MGAWD SAIIILLINNNNG!!!!!!!11111#!@!@#$!@!!!!#!@##

This thread is now about turkey-renditions of songs.

Never gonna stuff you up...

We're no strangers to love

You know the rules and so do I

A vegan dish what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna stuff you up,

Never gonna shoot you down,

Never gonna run around and hunt for you,

Never gonna make you die,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

(Ooh stuff you up)

(Ooh stuff you up)

(Ooh) never gonna stuff, never gonna stuff

(stuff you up)

(Ooh) never gonna stuff, never gonna stuff

(stuff you up)

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Yes, I did.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I agree with Me_Hate_Libs. We need much more than this for our Thanksgiving update. Jagex missed a huge opportunity here. When you finish the turkey event you should be able to craft "turkey runes" and turkey should be a new food that requires level 99 cooking and heals 30s. They could've released a whole new skill for hunting turkeys and given us different levels of turkeys to catch and then we can take the turkey feathers and make new turkey armors and weapons that hit as high as a godsword but are 1 handed and a little bit faster. They could've released something like a new turkey dungeon with turkey agility shortcuts and maybe let the higher level turkeys drop the new Turkey Runes which can be used to cast the new turkey spells that summon a turkey familiar to fight along side your current familiar. At the end of the dungeon there should be a turkey king who you need to use the turkey shield on or else he hits you for 100 damage every hit. They could make him drop turkey herbs which could be a great update to herblore and you could make a turkey potion that makes your character feel thankful for everything he has ever been given.

Way to miss out on your chance to make this Thanksgiving update something it shouldve been <_<

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

In a word, lol.

On topic. I hope that they will be tagging on a bit more to this event. This would be the first major holiday event that has added nothing whatsoever to the game, I believe.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I tried the event on my my def pure and hit 194 with a carrot, twice.

1 attack, 1 strength and 14 defence. Rather funny. :P

From what it sounds like, the story goes like this:

[hide=Spoiler]The Turkey's have refused to get cooked, stuffed and whatnot. (Who could blame them? :P)

They get this food mix and get overpowered, so we get some Gravy from Saradomin's Gravy Pot.

We get supercharged and kill the turkey's. You can now use the Give Thanks Emote.

He now says he will prepare the turkey dinner, but...

Something goes wrong, and what went wrong we will find out with the next update.[/hide]

this may be a dumb question, but do you get the xp when you hit so high? In other words, this may be a nice f2p training spot while it lasts. please answer.

No.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

this may be a dumb question, but do you get the xp when you hit so high? In other words, this may be a nice f2p training spot while it lasts. please answer.

Of course not, would be rather stupid :P

You also can't even go back in to fight turkeys.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It wouldnt just be nice, it would be the most excelent spot to train in all of runescape. :P

Killing 10 Turkeys would be 40k combat exp. (About 10k hp and 30k in atk/str/def)

I agree with Me_Hate_Libs. We need much more than this for our Thanksgiving update. Jagex missed a huge opportunity here. When you finish the turkey event you should be able to craft "turkey runes" and turkey should be a new food that requires level 99 cooking and heals 30s. They could've released a whole new skill for hunting turkeys and given us different levels of turkeys to catch and then we can take the turkey feathers and make new turkey armors and weapons that hit as high as a godsword but are 1 handed and a little bit faster. They could've released something like a new turkey dungeon with turkey agility shortcuts and maybe let the higher level turkeys drop the new Turkey Runes which can be used to cast the new turkey spells that summon a turkey familiar to fight along side your current familiar. At the end of the dungeon there should be a turkey king who you need to use the turkey shield on or else he hits you for 100 damage every hit. They could make him drop turkey herbs which could be a great update to herblore and you could make a turkey potion that makes your character feel thankful for everything he has ever been given.

Way to miss out on your chance to make this Thanksgiving update something it shouldve been <_<

What about POH update Turkey room? There could be a new lectern for special turkey tabs, maybe a special range to make turkey soup, the possibilities are endless!

On topic. I hope that they will be tagging on a bit more to this event. This would be the first major holiday event that has added nothing whatsoever to the game, I believe.

To be honest though, i don't really think Jagex (or me for that matter) count it as a major holiday event. It is more of a mini-holiday, which is why i wouldn't count against Jagex doing this kind of event every year, different content but the same reward for new players.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^