Death and the Afterlife

Wisp

Well, its a part of life. Everyone dies someday, and since humans have existed we have wondered what happens after we die. Religions have their answers, ranging from reincarnation to spirithood, to heaven/hell.

So, two questions:

1: What do you think happens?

2: If you could have anything happen, what would it be?

I personally think nothing happens, which is of course impossible for us to comprehend.

Ideally, I think when we die we can watch the earth, and people we care about for as long as we want, and then if we want we can be reincarnated, and lose all memories of our past lives. Then when you die again, you remember everything again, and it goes on. As awesome as that would be, I don't think there's even a chance of that, but hey, you never know I guess. And we never will know.

Oh, I remember a topic about this, but I think it was a long, long time ago.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing, we just die and won't be able to percieve or do anything.

I'd like to reencarnate carrying over my knowledge, and keep on doing this for as long as I wanted to. Meeting new people, living a new life; or perhaps setting the goal to find all the people you already know? It sounds interesting.

16185_s.gif

I think about this a lot...

1. I think that death is a lot like pre-life... Maybe something happens, but you don't remember it :/ I'm not good at explaining it >.> Either that, or eternal nothingness... I can't decide on one :/

2. I always thought reincarnation is the most comforting theory... It's definitely better than eternal nothingness. My life isn't that great... If I had the chance to be born as a new person (or cow) and have all of my memories wiped, I would definitely do it :/

I'm bad at words >.>

1. I think nothing happens.

2. Eternal Life (after death) is always an interesting idea I think. Not so much the Christian idea of heaven but something like it. It would be awesome if you could just explore the universe as a spirit, while not necessarily being alone. I think being at the age you prefer would be best too. Reincarnation is a nice idea but I don't know if I'd like that, because what if you got reincarnated into a bad situation? You'd have to live through that.

1. Either nothing happens or you're born as another person with no memory of past lives.

2. I'm not really sure. It'd be interesting to be reborn into this dream-like state where I can do crazy things like walking on the ceiling while eating a burrito.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

That's kinda good point Nadril... Maybe a shared afterlife where anything is possible, or just a world where you never die. I dunno.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

1) Nothing.

2) I would like there to be something not unlike Nirvana in Buddhism - we all have an epiphany and understand everything about the universe. I'd like to know the detailed workings of everything, especially of life itself. I'd also like there to be eternal life, but with one caveat - the ability to end it at any time. I certainly don't think I could cope with an eternity of existence.

1) I'm not sure what to believe, not yet.

2) The idea of a paradise does sound nice, one that is spent with loved ones where you are eternally happy. Then again, that could get boring. But if you're eternally happy, that means you can never be bored right?.....I'd like to be able to communicate with people on Earth (without them being terrified) almost as if I was still alive, but only to some people.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

1) Nothing.

2) I would like there to be something not unlike Nirvana in Buddhism - we all have an epiphany and understand everything about the universe. I'd like to know the detailed workings of everything, especially of life itself. I'd also like there to be eternal life, but with one caveat - the ability to end it at any time. I certainly don't think I could cope with an eternity of existence.

@2: that would be cool, kind of like what I'd like. I'm not sure if I'd like to know everything though or just have the time to explore everything (being able to move as fast as I want, of course).

1. I don't know. Noone knows. Anyone who claims to know any possibility is a fact is a liar. Therefore, part one cannot be answered.

2. I would want complete control over my own world, like a lucid dream. People would be real, just like in real life, though this is difficult to comprehend, and it's hard to explain just what I mean.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

1) I think nothing happens, we just die and we're gone.

2) I'd like to know everything, to get a chance to completely understand life and the universe. Then I can go ahead and fade off into nothingness I guess, I think a completely eternal existence would get boring after a while. And extremely overpopulated.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I believe our consciousness ceases to exist--it is but an emergent property of our living cells, I think.

Those who do good and have lived a hard life of self-sacrifice enter a heaven of oblivion that is pain free, and those who've dabbled in the selfish and evil descend to the hell of an emptiness without pleasure.

I want to be able to travel the Universe, and live in a world of my choosing.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

1. Perhaps we relive the SAME life over and over, with no memory each time, thus we just do the same thing, over and over again. It's hard to perceive that. So maybe just reincarnation? I don't know, I don't want to know.

2. Much like "What Dreams May Come", excluding the reincarnation part would be nice. A world defined by the consciousnesses of everyone whom has ever lived, no rules, no god, just paradise. That would be pretty darn good. But honestly, I don't want death to come knocking at my hallowed door.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

1. Enternal nothingness/reincarnation

2. Endless Lucid dream you can create and scenario and do thinks like create a life for yourself starting from birth but you would have no memory. HOLY [cabbage] just figured this out I could be doing this right now you guys are all in my rotting brain. [bleep], this is going to drive me crazy.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

1.) I really have no idea, not too worried seeing as I have much to do here, now.

2.) I would like to understand everything about everything. Everything I never knew, I want to know. Then, prefereably a comfortable environment living as I was before I was dead. With a garden, sunlight, books to read and company.

I think there is an afterlife, I just don't really have any solid beliefs on what said afterlife is. I think there is a supernatural power "up there", be it a god or some magical force or a giant smiling, bouncing Kirby. Maybe we have a spirit and it becomes part of the universe, or our energy is transferred into the universe or something. Maybe we are reincarnated. Maybe there's a heaven and hell. I honestly don't know, and don't see how anybody can know.

I'd want to be reincarnated as a child further down in my family tree. Say I die, and then my grandchild gets married and has a child. I'd want to be reincarnated as that child, with all the knowledge I had gained in my previous life, but not know that my parents were my grandchildren. Hehe.

x52i3b.jpg

1. Hopefully we come back or live on somewhere, that'd be great. If you're a Christian and the God over all is the Muslim one, however, you're eternally screwed :lol:

2. Death? I got a long time till I die... hopefully :mellow:. If I had to pick something, I'd prefer either haunting people because its fun or reincarnation. Heaven would be cool too, but once you get there it would probably be boring...

disturbeda.png

1. Hopefully we come back or live on somewhere, that'd be great. If you're a Christian and the God over all is the Muslim one, however, you're eternally screwed :lol:

Actually the Christan and Muslim god is one and the same.

Its just the rules that differ, I guess.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain