Death and the Afterlife

Wisp

1. Hopefully we come back or live on somewhere, that'd be great. If you're a Christian and the God over all is the Muslim one, however, you're eternally screwed :lol:

Actually the Christan and Muslim god is one and the same.

Its just the rules that differ, I guess.

Yeah, its supposed to be the next incarnation of the Abrahamic faith.

I believe Judaism and Christianity claim that there will be a new Prophet--Muhammad is supposed to play that role.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: What do you think happens?

I believe that once I die nothing happens, no hell nor heaven, nor conscious in any way. Then in the future, a resurrection here on a reformed earth with a perfect body.

2: If you could have anything happen, what would it be?

I think that a life where I don't die and have full use of my brain would be pretty awesome, the options limitless.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

1. Hopefully we come back or live on somewhere, that'd be great. If you're a Christian and the God over all is the Muslim one, however, you're eternally screwed :lol:

Actually the Christan and Muslim god is one and the same.

Its just the rules that differ, I guess.

Yeah, its supposed to be the next incarnation of the Abrahamic faith.

I believe Judaism and Christianity claim that there will be a new Prophet--Muhammad is supposed to play that role.

From my understanding, here's the basis of it:

Judaists think the prophet/messiah hasn't come

Christians/Catholics think it was Jesus

Muslims think it was Muhammad. They also think Jesus was a prophet, just not the final prophet of god.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Correct.

But Christianity doesn't say anything about yet another prophet?

I always thought it did.

I don't really know, it might. I'm sure someone here has a better knowledge of Abrahamic religions than I do.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

When death comes, I believe that we just cease to exist. I don't believe that there is no afterlife.

I find the prospect of an afterlife to be unappealing. After I have lived my life, I just want to cease to exist. Once I'm dead, I don't want to be woken up and forced to live an infinitly long life, no matter how happy I might be.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

1) When I die, I'll be gone from this earth and I'll immediately be in Heaven where I'll spend the rest of eternity with Jesus to be reunited with all those loved ones that believed the same. That's only if you believe that Jesus Christ died for everyone's sins because nobody's perfect, but He died to atone for us. Heaven and Hell is a reality. I can't fathom the thought and the disappointment of believing nothing happens when you die. What on Earth are we here for then? Ever wondered why you were placed on this Earth to begin with? There's a purpose - surely you don't think you're just a product of random chance or evolution only to be here for but a mist in time.

2) ^ Just that!

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

1) When I die, I'll be gone from this earth and I'll immediately be in Heaven where I'll spend the rest of eternity with Jesus to be reunited with all those loved ones that believed the same. That's only if you believe that Jesus Christ died for everyone's sins because nobody's perfect, but He died to atone for us. Heaven and Hell is a reality. I can't fathom the thought and the disappointment of believing nothing happens when you die. What on Earth are we here for then? Ever wondered why you were placed on this Earth to begin with? There's a purpose - surely you don't think you're just a product of random chance or evolution only to be here for but a mist in time.

2) ^ Just that!

Life isn't pointless if there's no reward afterward. Trust me, it's not disappointing for people who accept that nothing happens when we die, or that we simply don't know what happens when we die (which, really, we don't). Just existing to see the beauty and mystery of nature should be reward enough. A chance to enjoy your life with friends and family should be reward enough. If this is it, then that's all the more reason to enjoy the immensely improbable opportunity while it lasts.

What is the purpose of living for eternity with Jesus Christ in Heaven? Whats the point of that? Because youll enjoy it? Because thats what you want to do? Surely you can understand that for the non-religious, the purpose of life is to enjoy it and all the good company and good times to be had, for those very same reasons that you want to spend eternity with Jesus.

2) ^ Just that!

Life isn't pointless if there's no reward afterward. Trust me, it's not disappointing for people who accept that nothing happens when we die, or that we simply don't know what happens when we die (which, really, we don't). Just existing to see the beauty and mystery of nature should be reward enough. A chance to enjoy your life with friends and family should be reward enough. If this is it, then that's all the more reason to enjoy the immensely improbable opportunity while it lasts.

What is the purpose of living for eternity with Jesus Christ in Heaven? Whats the point of that? Because youll enjoy it? Because thats what you want to do? Surely you can understand that for the non-religious, the purpose of life is to enjoy it and all the good company and good times to be had, for those very same reasons that you want to spend eternity with Jesus.

To go along with what warrior head, I'd rather live this life the way I please, without worrying about being judged by some invisible guy in the sky with an inferiority complex. If I get punished for not believing something for the sake of believing, then so be it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

A great amount of DMT will be flooded into your brain,

and even as you die you dream of an eternity in Heaven.

Of course, there is oblivion. But before nonexistence, you experience happy years in what may be seconds.

This would be cool. But implausible.

This way your general theories of death will play their part--what you think happens will happen. In that last dream.

1: Nothing happens. Your 'soul' cannot be comprehended while living (if it exists)

2: A choice: going back without any knowledge of your past life with an up- or downgrade of your mental, physical and psychic capabilities relative to how you lived (good life = upgrade, you get a reward; bad life = downgrade, you have to prove yourself) or join some form of a collective where you experience anything you want (well, except killing others of course) and anything is possible.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I believe that you are reborn with no memory of a previous life. You are reborn into anything and is randomised. (Anything living; from a single cell orgasm to a tiger.) I also believe that there is a specific DNA chain linked to each person indicating that the person is you rather than someone else (meaning your conciousness).

What I want to happen? An afterlife where I am able to see my loved ones, and be able to make friends again in a nice peaceful atmosphere.

j0xPu5R.png

Clones don't share consciousnesses.

DNA doesn't describe something immaterial, like a soul.

Your consciousness, really, is the result of several physical factors, I believe.

Mind and body are one and the same.

And the body dies.

You decompose and go back into the ecosystem so that others can have their turn to experience life. Other than leaving a mark on the world through your actions, you end.

Heaven and hell are just tools used to keep people in line.

People dream of astral projection.

They say... it is different.

I don't buy it, but your brain's awareness of where your body is can be thrown off. And so you might believe you are where your body is not.

I guess that might give a sense of being ethereal.

Just slice a lobe or cut a cortex.

1) What on Earth are we here for then? Ever wondered why you were placed on this Earth to begin with? There's a purpose - surely you don't think you're just a product of random chance or evolution only to be here for but a mist in time.

Why not? Why must there be a reason for everything? (I personally believe that we are a product of random chance..)

I think the most likely situation is that we just cease to exist, our consciousness disappears and we stop perceiving anything, although anything is possible you just can't tell..

Why do so many people believe in reincarnation? It seems to me like such a random thing to believe in.

I don't believe that we have any purpose or reason to exist. We simply are, and shall continue to be until we die, and then we are not. We become as nothing, so to speak.

Imagining this, in my eyes, is utterly impossible. I do not believe that anybody is able to imagine the inability to imagine anything.

I would dearly wish to believe in reincarnation, but alas, I simply can't.

2Xeo5.png