Acne

imbackstinkers

I personally used Tazorac when I was 15 and cleared it all up. Now my skin pretty much has no zits on it, except the odd zit here and there.

I would treat it by applying an ointment to the zits, get online for a little bit, then go to the bathroom and wash it off with a washcloth and water. You can also treat it (keep it from being infected) by using alcohol pads on it. If you pop it, use an alcohol pad to put pressure on it to keep it from bleeding and to disinfect it.

Alcohol is an astringent and will close your pores, which is good if you've just shaved, but it's not what you want if you're treating acne. There are plenty of readily available antiseptics without this effect. If you're actually damaging the skin, you might as well use benzalkonium chloride (with a common trade name of Bactine) dissolved in an aqueous solution. I believe Bactine also comes with some sort of pain reliever, so as to spare you the severity of alcohol.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T POUR PEROXIDE ON IT!!

I made that mistake a few years ago, and now my chin is permanitly a shade redder than anywhere else on my body. dry.gif

I heard that it killed cells like no other. I forgot to consider that also included skin cells, not just the bacteria. I'm still kicking myself for it, 4 years later.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I made that mistake a few years ago, and now my chin is permanitly a shade redder than anywhere else on my body. dry.gif

I heard that it killed cells like no other. I forgot to consider that also included skin cells, not just the bacteria. I'm still kicking myself for it, 4 years later.

I guess you mean Hydrogen Peroxide? Because Benzoyl Peroxide does wonders for acne. :thumbup:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I was lucky, I inherited my mother's dry skin. Over a lifetime I get maybe one a month. The "t-zone" (forehead, nose and chin) are the most frequent areas for everyone.

Zinc oxide 5% soap bar. (just like your regular face/body body soap.) You can buy this off the shelf at places like Wal-Mart. At ours it was stocked in the ladies face treatments/makeup section, as opposed to the normal soap and shampoo aisles. Cost less than $5.

Guess what? the above bar contains the highest LEGAL amount of that ingredient, the ONLY one approved by the FDA for treating acne, that can be sold over the counter. And what does Proactiv contain? The same ingredient. For 3-10x the cost.

I'd guess that it's the most cost-effective over the counter treatment for someone with back acne - rub a washcloth with it and apply.

Wow, thanks a bunch :D

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I guess you mean Hydrogen Peroxide? Because Benzoyl Peroxide does wonders for acne. icon_thumbsu.gif

Yeah that's what I'm talking about, the Hydrogen Peroxide. The stuff in the brown bottle because it isn't supposed to come in contact with light. Yeah. Don't apply that to your skin. Ever.

I was lucky, I inherited my mother's dry skin. Over a lifetime I get maybe one a month. The "t-zone" (forehead, nose and chin) are the most frequent areas for everyone.

Zinc oxide 5% soap bar. (just like your regular face/body body soap.) You can buy this off the shelf at places like Wal-Mart. At ours it was stocked in the ladies face treatments/makeup section, as opposed to the normal soap and shampoo aisles. Cost less than $5.

Guess what? the above bar contains the highest LEGAL amount of that ingredient, the ONLY one approved by the FDA for treating acne, that can be sold over the counter. And what does Proactiv contain? The same ingredient. For 3-10x the cost.

I'd guess that it's the most cost-effective over the counter treatment for someone with back acne - rub a washcloth with it and apply.

Wow, thanks a bunch :D

Yeah that's an awesome tip.

There's an old Indian trick that I've used from time to time, taking the cap off a ballpoint pen(not the cap itself, but the "ring" that goes around the tip) and squeezing pimples until they bleed.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Just be careful popping them. I had one under my bottom lip a year or 2 ago and popped it. Instead of it popping out, it popped inside my lip. I eventually got a staph infection inside of my lower lip and literally came days from it being classified as something that could kill me. Treatment of it was the most painful treatment of my life. I have pictures if you wanna see them LOL. So again, just be careful popping them.

Whenever I pop a few, a dab of hydrogen peroxide makes sure that no infection occurs. works wonders :thumbsup:

Did not find zinc oxide soap at my local drug store :( I'll check Wal-mart this weekend.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I've got a little red on my chin and the bridge of my nose, which is annoying, but no bad acne. The backs of my shoulders have a couple red spots here and there, too. I wash my face every night, and I've used a bunch of different things. Everything seems to work pretty well for a while, then my skin dries out because of how dry it is here. Augh.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I never had issues with acne. I did break out a few times, but nothing serious. Thank god for that.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I don't have constant acne, but I do mildly breakout on my forehead and cheeks if I am stressing out about something.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I used to break out alot, I still do but slightly. I hate it mostly since it leaves scaring which makes my face feel bubbly and weird.

Oh, and its only ever the forehead and close to my chin.

Popoto.~<3

I used to have mild acne when I was 12, and unfortunately for me I always picked and scratched them instead of waiting for them to fade. When I ordered Proactiv it just made my skin worse, and for a good month or so my face was red and ashy, and I broke out more often than I used to. Now I only get a pimple or two every month or so, but I still have mild scarring on my right (from my perspective) cheek and a few on my left. I know some friends that have pretty bad acne, so I guess I consider myself lucky for having gone through the pain during my early teen years.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Since like 6-7th grade (11th now) I've had pimples all over my face and shoulders. The ones on my face are pretty bad and very noticable. I have used a lot of products but none seem to have a major effect, infact they make it worse sometimes. Any ideas? If I popped all of my pimples I would probably die of bloodloss.

]

I had moderate acne, but I just started using acnefree for sensitive skin. I have to use the moisturizer though because it dries my skin out to a point where it hurts to smile. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. Everything else makes me break out worse.

"There are times when silence has the loudest voice."

• 2 weeks later...
I sometimes sprout pimples in my hair line which is a bit weird but nice and hidden. Sometimes I get a few on my chin or in the corner where nose meets cheek but it's once in a blue moon.

Embarrassed to say this but I get it on my back and shoulders too. Sometimes one will stray to my chest.

I should add that I don't use any creams or facewashes daily. Maybe I should look into that Accutane thing.

I like popping pimples. ;D

Exact same for me, hairline, nose cheek corner, back and shoulders and sometimes chest. Although I don't like popping them. My sister does though, and she's a massage therapist so she has these oils, she has some kind of tree oil, and she pops the pimples for me and puts the oil on, goes away within the day. It's rather nice. I actually have really nice skin, and I never use soap on my face. I actually use bar soap instead of body wash because otherwise I get too oily and I break out.

Not as bad as my brother though, little idiot won't stop using body wash, so his back and chest are covered in them. I can't understand why you wouldn't do anything to make them go away, they hurt like a beez. Especiallly when people slap you on your back >.>

Theres this one guy in our small town, he's got pimples everywhere. All over his body, his face, neck, torso, legs, his feet. Even in rather more inappropriate areas. Nothing works on him, and I've never seen anyone with such disgusting skin. Somehow he's learned how to be so charming that he still gets girlfriends...and he gets a lot of tail too, although I'm sure the pimples in those areas would hurt like a [cabbage]

Every little bit of mine went away being in the tropics over Christmas break - but coming back here has been rough. I have almost no acne still, but the little bit I have is on my chin and quite red. Unfortunate.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

"I had terrible acne as a kid, one time I fell asleep in the library and when I woke up a blind man was reading my face." - Rodney Dangerfield.

<3:

"I once met a man with a trophy wife, but I don't think she was first place"

I had fairly bad acne on my chin and those lines where my nose meets the rest of my face, while was about 14-15. I went over to Canada for a month and it completely went, and never really came back, bar the odd one which I get sometimes. I don't think it needs to be a certain climate or anything, you just have to live in a climate you're not used to for a while and they just go away.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Sea air or maybe it's the water that does the trick for me. I went to America for holidays, was at the beach atleast 2-3 times a week and in no time my acne had cleared. Came back home and in about a month or 2 it was back...

Pitty I don't live near the sea :(

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.