The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Thanks for the detailed explanations. :thumbup: I didn't realize things had changed that much.

And yes, I realize yours isn't necessarily the "best" loadout, but I was using a melee/mage (primarily melee) setup before so I figure this will work well for me. Besides, it saves me the trouble of figuring this all out from scratch on my own. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My melee/mage setup:

Bryll top

Bryll bottoms

Air staff

Fractite 2h

Laws (225)

Seems to work really well for me. Two-handed weapons are SO much better than one-handed ones, seriously.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm just going to throw this out there and feel free to shoot me down; obviously I'm no dungeoneering expert and it's far from being one of my favorite activities. Post-EoC, I'm having a much easier time crushing things in there, so I now prefer maul over 2h. So if you insist on going one-handed, it might be worth trying a warhammer over longsword... Crush weakness seems to be more common than the other two styles, and especially since Mysterious Shades seem to be the most dangerous foes now (even the low level ones are putting out some ridiculous hits). Plus I seem to now be able to adequately melee things I wouldn't have dreamed of trying to bash on before EoC. Also keep in mind f2p gets 2 basic abilities that are 2H only, another argument in favour of 2h weapons.

I know a lot of people who also use bryll robe bottom, but doesn't this too much weight to run effectively? I have trouble not losing all my run energy even with just bryll robe top.

Also, I do believe I heard somewhere that more monsters are weak to crush in f2p dg, so maul> 2h probably.

Another question, Sonic why bind laws>cosmics?

Midnight.png

I'm surprised people bind "real" ammo, I still got Cosmics bound for the gatestones. And didn't the blastbox dissapear after the EOC update? I haven't found one since. :unsure:

Besides, I have the feeling Ranged is very underpowered compared with Magic and Melee.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I have trouble not losing all my run energy even with just bryll robe top.

Really? I haven't had the problem at all, even with top, bottom and Fract. longsword bound. Are you using the gatestone teleports, or just running everywhere you need to go?

Another question, Sonic why bind laws>cosmics?

Group gatestone teleport. Slaya's loadout is mostly for solo'ing, while Sonic was always more of a team DG'er.

Edit: @Fire_Hawk - the blastboxes are still there, I had a mage drop one last night. Post-EoC they act as an unlimited supply of air runes.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Um... question about the stats screen.

When I select air blast with no weapon equipped I get an accuracy rating of 0, attack type is air. When I equip a weapon, does not matter which; the accuracy goes upto the weapon's tier. So fractite 400, but still gives the type as air.

I assume the game is mis-representing the numbers? and the actual accuracy of air blast with no weapons is 0?

And another question is there any difference between the three melee stun attacks? backhand, bash, and kick

Regarding binds, I have bryll top, bryll legs, spinebeam staff, and frac 2h.

My ammo bind is cosmics.

Possible switches include removing bryll legs for a shield and switching frac 2h for frac maul. I think most dgers use frac 2h due to the old system where 2h > maul, but maul may be better in eoc (probs needs checking).

Cosmics are the best ammo bind, hands down. The only reason one should not have cosmics is if they don't have 54 runecrafting. Blastbox is very unnecessary as an air staff bind for air blast is sufficient for all the monsters weak to magic. Law binds do not allow for leading.

I find that the best style to use for mob rooms is magic, due to the AoE F2p ability Chain. There aren't any other AoE abilities (other than ricochet, but if you have cosmic binds, you won't be ranging). Magic seems to be stronger than melee in dg atm.

birds.png

I have 8k pure essence. What is the quickest way to train runecrafting? I'm currently level 20.

Step 1 is sell your pure ess as all F2P runes only require regular ess.

The fastest way to train RC is through runespan, no doubt. For that, you don't need any ess (you get special ess there). Read about it here: http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/runespan.htm

One word, my friend: RuneSpan

Syphon esshounds and nodes on level one until you're level 33, then go up to level two and repeat.

Ok, thank you all for helping. I'm reading about RuneSpan right now, and it all seems foreign to me.

1) Go through the portal at the top of Wizards' Tower to enter RuneSpan.

2) Start by clicking on the Floating Essence and getting 25 essence:

zyvBP.png

3) Click on the various Esslings (the creatures) and siphon them to get more essence. This map shows where to go for different Esslings:

Mjl0G.png

4) Click on various Nodes (the unmoving elemental things) and siphon them to get better XP (siphon from the highest ones you can), siphoning nodes is your main objective:

H5KFI.png

5) Repeat #3 - #4 until level 33 Runecrafting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6) At level 33 Runecrafting, use the Vine ladder to middle level (see map, on island #51). Most people simply stay on that island you come up from (see map, island #1), not bothering to venture to other islands as it tends to have pretty good variety with Nodes.

7) Siphon from the Body Esshounds for essence (I like to get at least 2k essence before moving on to Nodes):

jj2vb.png

8) Siphon from the various Nodes that appear (siphon from the highest ones you can):

eCFZB.png

9) Repeat #7 - #8 ad infinitum to your desired level.

(pictures via Wikia)

• Like 1

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Personally, I don't siphon ether Cyclones or Mind Storms on the second level since they both give less xp than siphoning the Body esshounds.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't siphon ether Cyclones or Mind Storms on the second level since they both give less xp than siphoning the Body esshounds.

Also, don't bother looking for the yellow wizard (afaik it's a waste of time unless you get very lucky).

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Appreciate all the help. Great advice from all of you.

One last thing, what is the fastest training method for training attack? I was a pure ranger before the EOC came out, and rune only required 40 attack to be wielding. Obviously, that is no longer the case. As of now, I'm currently level 41 attack (137 combat) - using an adamant 2-hander, and training against Giant Spiders in the SOS dungeon. What would you recommend me using as a weapon, and what abilities do you guys usually train with for attack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I figured out using the momentum ability is by far the best. (Once I figured that out, I remember someone mentioning it in this forum :? ).

I know this has been confirmed long ago at least on one RSOF thread, but here are my numbers anyway:

Combat level : Total XP (Floor 35)

138 (84 str, 52 def) : 6632

139 (85 str, 52 def) : 14800

Both numbers with solo small c6 floors with all bonus rooms and 10% level mod.

So, this is part of how the F2P dungeoneering penalty works at the moment. Now I just hope this ridiculous bug is never ”fixed”...

I know this has been confirmed long ago at least on one RSOF thread, but here are my numbers anyway:

Combat level : Total XP (Floor 35)

138 (84 str, 52 def) : 6632

139 (85 str, 52 def) : 14800

Both numbers with solo small c6 floors with all bonus rooms and 10% level mod.

So, this is part of how the F2P dungeoneering penalty works at the moment. Now I just hope this ridiculous bug is never ”fixed”...

Some of the people I DG with have been noticing really odd xp depending on how many skillers you have in your group and also what combat you are. I was getting really low xp compared to the rest of the group (at cb 43)

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

So now the higher your combat is, the more xp you get? It sounds like they didn't remove the nerf, they just reversed it. Why penalize the rest of the team for having a skiller, or even someone of a lower combat level, with you?

So now the higher your combat is, the more xp you get? It sounds like they didn't remove the nerf, they just reversed it. Why penalize the rest of the team for having a skiller, or even someone of a lower combat level, with you?

Penalizing a team for having a skiller makes good sense, in my opinion. Dungeoneering was never intended for skillers, especially since they cannot do the majority of the content in dungeons, and for the most part sit on their butts and leech. The fact that we used to bring skillers along was simply a way for us to circumvent the old combat 90 Nerf. They obviously don't want or intend for skillers to do Dungeoneering, and this is how they implemented that prevention.

Penalizing people who are simply lower combat but still do the Dgs though... Is just strange. Maybe they are simply trying to encourage people to train combat. Or maybe it is an unforseen side-effect of making sure leechers aren't dging anymore.

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Penalizing a team for having a skiller makes good sense, in my opinion. Dungeoneering was never intended for skillers, especially since they cannot do the majority of the content in dungeons, and for the most part sit on their butts and leech. The fact that we used to bring skillers along was simply a way for us to circumvent the old combat 90 Nerf. They obviously don't want or intend for skillers to do Dungeoneering, and this is how they implemented that prevention.

Penalizing people who are simply lower combat but still do the Dgs though... Is just strange. Maybe they are simply trying to encourage people to train combat. Or maybe it is an unforseen side-effect of making sure leechers aren't dging anymore.

I do agree that leechers who don't do anything should be penalized with xp, but for someone like me, and you can ask people who I have DG'd with before, I run around doing puzzles and keying as much as I can. I might not be able to GD or the Boss, but I do plenty in dungeons.

I think that xp should be based on how much someone participates in a dungeon, in other words if there is a high level that just sits at the smuggler all dungeon long, he should not get much xp either.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I don't think Jagex did anything to it. The same penalty curve is still applied up to the max cb before EoC, after 138 it seems like everyone gets the same XP regardless of combat level (at least when soloing). Also 138 is most likely used in the average cb calculations causing the weird results.

I never liked leecher dging because it felt like cheating, and I don't want that back. But if someday something is done to this bug, they will probably just change all the 138s in the code to 200s, and the old system is back somewhat. Both current and the old system are unfair to some players, and the penalty should be removed completely in my opinion.