The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Here's what Pink said about this:

I mostly did dungeons with groups of 3-4 others. We cleared a ton of bonus rooms when I was in my 20s and 30s, and usually I'd buy exp. before I logged out. Just last night I ran with a full group in a large dungeon, and after resetting the ring and clearing as many rooms as possible, we were all hitting upwards of 6.5k exp. Well worth the 1h and 10 minutes, haha.

Basically, the key is just to go fast and know what to do for all the rooms (which I'm sure you're familiar with). My complexity always stays at 6.

I guess teams are the secret to gaining incredibly fast exp.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Here's what Pink said about this:

I mostly did dungeons with groups of 3-4 others. We cleared a ton of bonus rooms when I was in my 20s and 30s, and usually I'd buy exp. before I logged out. Just last night I ran with a full group in a large dungeon, and after resetting the ring and clearing as many rooms as possible, we were all hitting upwards of 6.5k exp. Well worth the 1h and 10 minutes, haha.

Basically, the key is just to go fast and know what to do for all the rooms (which I'm sure you're familiar with). My complexity always stays at 6.

I guess teams are the secret to gaining incredibly fast exp.

That's probably it; I used to do teams of 2-4 way back when but I've been soloing as of late, and that's probably the cause of my low xp. Thanks.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

impossible for me to solo Sagittare, where my prayer, food, runes run out, only to hurt him 1/3 of his hp

i going back to train my rc to be able to craft death runes, and improve some of my other skills before going back to dungeoneering.

ya, my previous level i did with 5 ppl med size, i was able to get about 5k, which is quite good.

since large size might not worth it, too big, too complicated, time consuming sometime if the team dunno what to do.

any advise for me to finally train RC after about few years no train it? i almost 52 RC lvl. i thinking about crafting earth runes, all the way.

any advise for me to finally train RC after about few years no train it? i almost 52 RC lvl. i thinking about crafting earth runes, all the way.

Do either airs or earths. Also play some Great Orb Project inbetween.

Also, why isn't anyone using my F2P dungeoneering clan? :wall:

EDIT: From the main Dungeoneering thread:

Haha... I just discovered a rather hilarious fact about Sagitarre. If you pray mage against him, he'll spend most of the round trying and failing miserably to use his freeze arrows and bear trap things. They count as mage apparently. And when he fails at using it, he tries again. And again. And again. With a normal arrow mixed in there occasionally. So basically mage pray > him even moreso than the other bosses.

This should help you, zhong.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Does anyone have any methods of raising prestige? I've read on the knowledgebase that trying a variety of floors will give you a decent amount, but that doesn't seem to work for me - I always get over 1k floor xp but under 200 prestige xp, which cuts my potential xp in half and is really frustrating. I've also just tried resetting my progress and doing the highest floor repeatedly until I can do a better floor; I reset after every time because I guess grinding the same floor without resetting your progress will get you 0 prestige xp. I used to get upwards of 900-1k prestige xp per round, but not after 26 dungeoneering or so (lvl 30 now) - I dunno what happened.

Assuming you're constantly doing different floors, never doing the same one more than once in an entire play through of your available rounds, your prestige should be constantly rising. Once you find you've done all the floors, you'll need to reset your prestige, which will bring your current down to 0, but keep your previous as being what you had. After resetting, you need to start right from the first floor again and continue playing through all your possible floors to get your current prestige up again, but each time you complete a floor the prestige experience you get is based on your previous prestige (so long as it's higher than current), rather than your current.

The key point is that after a reset you need to restart and do all the floors (in any order) if you want to maintain high prestige.

Does anyone have any methods of raising prestige? I've read on the knowledgebase that trying a variety of floors will give you a decent amount, but that doesn't seem to work for me - I always get over 1k floor xp but under 200 prestige xp, which cuts my potential xp in half and is really frustrating. I've also just tried resetting my progress and doing the highest floor repeatedly until I can do a better floor; I reset after every time because I guess grinding the same floor without resetting your progress will get you 0 prestige xp. I used to get upwards of 900-1k prestige xp per round, but not after 26 dungeoneering or so (lvl 30 now) - I dunno what happened.

Assuming you're constantly doing different floors, never doing the same one more than once in an entire play through of your available rounds, your prestige should be constantly rising. Once you find you've done all the floors, you'll need to reset your prestige, which will bring your current down to 0, but keep your previous as being what you had. After resetting, you need to start right from the first floor again and continue playing through all your possible floors to get your current prestige up again, but each time you complete a floor the prestige experience you get is based on your previous prestige (so long as it's lower than current), rather than your current.

The key point is that after a reset you need to restart from floor 1 if you want to maintain a high standard of prestige.

You don't need to restart at floor 1 once you have reset. You can do any floor you can once you have reset. Last time I reset, I did all the Furnished levels, to get them out of the way! And then went back to Floor 1 working up through Frozen and Abandoned.

You don't need to restart at floor 1 once you have reset. You can do any floor you can once you have reset. Last time I reset, I did all the Furnished levels, to get them out of the way! And then went back to Floor 1 working up through Frozen and Abandoned.

Yes, quite true - rather I should have said that the necessity is to complete all the available floors you have, but can be in any order. :)

Assuming you're constantly doing different floors, never doing the same one more than once in an entire play through of your available rounds, your prestige should be constantly rising. Once you find you've done all the floors, you'll need to reset your prestige, which will bring your current down to 0, but keep your previous as being what you had. After resetting, you need to start right from the first floor again and continue playing through all your possible floors to get your current prestige up again, but each time you complete a floor the prestige experience you get is based on your previous prestige (so long as it's lower than current), rather than your current.

The key point is that after a reset you need to restart from floor 1 if you want to maintain a high standard of prestige.

Actually, your prestige multiplier is based on the higher of the two numbers.

E.G.

Your current progress is at 11 and your previous is at 6. You haven't done floor 12 yet.

If you finish floor 12, your prestige multiplier will be 12, not 6.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Actually, your prestige multiplier is based on the higher of the two numbers.

E.G.

Your current progress is at 11 and your previous is at 6. You haven't done floor 12 yet.

If you finish floor 12, your prestige multiplier will be 12, not 6.

Aside from the triple post (:P), it's my lack of proof-reading, silly mistake. Perhaps that's cue for another coffee? :) Cheers for pointing that out though!

rune ess is too exp now to buy, it used to be very cheap back in RS2 released, about 23ea, now wow....

i now mining ess, if i mine all the ess, i always run out of energy.

is there anyway for me to keep running? if i want the fast method to get exp while gaining profit?

how about mine ess then craft earth and rest at musician?

rune ess is too exp now to buy, it used to be very cheap back in RS2 released, about 23ea, now wow....

i now mining ess, if i mine all the ess, i always run out of energy.

is there anyway for me to keep running? if i want the fast method to get exp while gaining profit?

how about mine ess then craft earth and rest at musician?

I used to do that too, until I realized its inefficiency. It's just way too slow for experience.

Just play the Great Orb Project, craft the given essence at the air/body altars, and cash in the tokens for essence.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

w1 is empty, w61 only less then 10 ppl inside.

even if there are ppl, i hate ppl left after air rune lost. i need to be lucky to enter the pros or smart team. most of the time, i couldnt complete until body altar.

plus, my best ping now is only 130, and w1 and w61 is over 210. i couldnt play properly since there is always delay in casting barrier, or run here and there wasting energy, where the orb is already moved been by someone.

you completed that floor no matter in which complexity also counted you been to that floor.

however, i notice that, in order for you to unlock the next floor, you had to lvl up when completed the last floor else you will had to redo the previous floor even though your lvl already reach next floor.

you completed that floor no matter in which complexity also counted you been to that floor.

however, i notice that, in order for you to unlock the next floor, you had to lvl up when completed the last floor else you will had to redo the previous floor even though your lvl already reach next floor.

Happened to me too, I traded in points for exp and still had to redo the previous floor before it unlocked the best floor for my level.

can someone explain what it means by "trading points for exp" or buying exp? how do you do that?

At the trader, you can select to trade points for d'eering xp, at a ratio of 1:1. So you buy xp with the tokens you get.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Do the monsters for the zombie spawn 'boss fight' stop or get non-aggressive after a certain amount of time?

Free heals and constant monster respawns with full melee exp; kind of neat. Granted you get no drops and lack of an amulet probably lessen exp a decent amount.

greenmelf.png

You mean the Skeleton Horde?

No, I haven't encountered that yet. All I have encountered is the Hobogoblin Geomancer... :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

yes, some ppl saying that the boss is quite a nice place to training, but usually i finish the boss in about 1 min, so i not sure, but i think in theory, it will keep spawning unlimited until you block the tunnel.

i dont think it will become tolerance, since you keep kill it and new one come for you.

ow... Sonic, the exp is very slow like you say. however i dont like to spent money on RC.

Along with what zhong just said, the exp is still not comparable to that of training at Spiders or Flesh Crawlers because you have to constantly pay attention if you are meleeing, as you have to run off the platform to hit the mages or rangers, and also if you're ranging, you're also limited by the number of arrows you have, which is normally under 200. Only thing that can potentially be worth it is maging, given that you had a huge stash of runes.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Along with what zhong just said, the exp is still not comparable to that of training at Spiders or Flesh Crawlers because you have to constantly pay attention if you are meleeing, as you have to run off the platform to hit the mages or rangers, and also if you're ranging, you're also limited by the number of arrows you have, which is normally under 200. Only thing that can potentially be worth it is maging, given that you had a huge stash of runes.

~Dan

It doesn't matter what you attack, you auto retaliate everything, you just kill one and automatically go to the next. The only thing you have to do is run to the healer if you get lot on health.

Maging is worthless, 1/10 exp is a joke.

greenmelf.png

A Runescape Forums update has taken place; see here:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=2865

So now there's a new section for non-members, Free 1000+. Just scroll down and you should see it:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/l=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

~Dan

It doesn't matter what you attack, you auto retaliate everything, you just kill one and automatically go to the next. The only thing you have to do is run to the healer if you get lot on health.

Maging is worthless, 1/10 exp is a joke.

I meant, in comparison to Flesh Crawlers and Spiders where they will auto attack, and barely do any damage, you really don't need to pay attention there, whereas at the skeletal hordes, you will need to pay full attention, cause they can do damage sufficiently. A lot of people fight against aggressive monsters for wanting to semi-afk, so...don't know if skeletal hordes is particularly good for that.

~Dan

PS: I also didn't know that mage was 1/10 xp

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!