Where will it all end for Runescape

sirlonewolf

Instead of breaking the 99 level barrier, which wouldnt solve as much as many ppl think,

they could continue to introduce actions that require multiple skills at once,

like they did with the new agility requirements for catching butterflies.

I like the idea of combining skill to make new skills or sub skills

say u combine str. and def. And u get unarmed fighting ( karate, kungfu or any barehanded fighting style ) u will need to have say lvl 10 in def and str to start training unarmed fighting.

Agility and slayer skill will make a Assassination skill.

Prayer and hit points will make a Healing skill.

Construction and smithing will make a Engineering skill.

Herblore and runecrafting will make a Alchemy skill.

Thieving and agility will make Burglar skill.

Hunter and fishing will make a Survivor skill.

Summoning and magic will make a Necromancy skill.

Firemaking and crafting will make a Ordnance skill ( the skill to make explosives )

And this sub skills will give lots more longevity to the game.

Ps: These sub skills can maye be combined by using 3 or more skill as well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed runescape 2 will end soon, and that will be sooner than you think. as jagex is working on a direct x version of runescape. aka rs3.

don't worry your rs 2 account will be transfered like they did in rs classic. as otherwise they will loose 90% of there players.

the reason to go direct x is that they have maxed the java limits. they diddnt do another computer research for no reason.

jagex needs to go with the time, and if rs goos direct x, well wow just found itself a real big compettitor, and jagex will take a large share of blizzards market.

jagex has over 25m pounds of capital. so they have the money to do so, and hey, they godda invest in something.

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png

indeed runescape 2 will end soon, and that will be sooner than you think. as jagex is working on a direct x version of runescape. aka rs3.

don't worry your rs 2 account will be transfered like they did in rs classic. as otherwise they will loose 90% of there players.

the reason to go direct x is that they have maxed the java limits. they diddnt do another computer research for no reason.

jagex needs to go with the time, and if rs goos direct x, well wow just found itself a real big compettitor, and jagex will take a large share of blizzards market.

jagex has over 25m pounds of capital. so they have the money to do so, and hey, they godda invest in something.

They won't find the big MMORPG market easy to get into, with stuff like Guild Wars 2 coming out, Aion just out and with WoW still having such a tight grip on the market it'll be hard. Especially with many "hardcore gamer's" pre-conceptions of Runescape being a game for 12 year old's.

P.S. I didn't say all hardcore gamers, so don't flame me. ^^

EDIT:200th post. ;o

Edited by Asmodeous4

Instead of breaking the 99 level barrier, which wouldnt solve as much as many ppl think,

say u combine str. and def. And u get unarmed fighting ( karate, kungfu or any barehanded fighting style ) u will need to have say lvl 10 in def and str to start training unarmed fighting.

Firemaking and crafting will make a Ordnance skill ( the skill to make explosives )

Could be interesting but it wouldn't solve the problem of tons more people having 99 in anything as time goes by.

Zerker_jane.png

Could be interesting but it wouldn't solve the problem of tons more people having 99 in anything as time goes by.

Yes the level 99 cap limit is the biggest problem with runescape's future.

A skill like smithing is a great example, imagine the possibilities and different armor and weapons that u will be able to make if the level was 200 or more.

Yes the level 99 cap limit is the biggest problem with runescape's future.

A skill like smithing is a great example, imagine the possibilities and different armor and weapons that u will be able to make if the level was 200 or more.

That was always my pet peeve with RS and why I've made maybe three different accounts. My first two I got all 99s, and once that happens then I made this one and I'm working my way to 99s again. Eventually, some people are going to start getting annoyed at the cap limit and start leaving. This could turn out to be RS downfall.

10s.gif

RuneScape Update: Unfortunately, due to unavoidable game engine issues, we are moving the update to next week. Sorry! -Ems(RSDev)

1:50 AM Jan 28th from CoTweet

it has started a update delayed by a week due to unavoidable game engine issues.

The end is night.

Ps: I think is the new skill update.

Making it direct x would kill off a lot of players instantly.

How many play RS on a shared computer (school, library, family, etc), how many run linux or OSX and how many just plain don't want the hassle?

Runescape's biggest asset has and always will be the ability to play it on pretty much any PC, in any place without having to do more then open a webpage.

To my knowledge direct x is merely going to be an UI (user interface) with everything else remaining the same. The same as how someone in SD can do exactly the same as someone in HD only the interface is different.

They have a good thing going I don't see RS dying for a while. True you can only add so many options at each level, but you can also intertwine them as well as offer better, but harder options at each stage.

Look at slayer its been out ages and still isn't anywhere near complete on monsters let alone equipment.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Making it direct x would kill off a lot of players instantly.

How many play RS on a shared computer (school, library, family, etc), how many run linux or OSX and how many just plain don't want the hassle?

Runescape's biggest asset has and always will be the ability to play it on pretty much any PC, in any place without having to do more then open a webpage.

To my knowledge direct x is merely going to be an UI (user interface) with everything else remaining the same. The same as how someone in SD can do exactly the same as someone in HD only the interface is different.

They have a good thing going I don't see RS dying for a while. True you can only add so many options at each level, but you can also intertwine them as well as offer better, but harder options at each stage.

Look at slayer its been out ages and still isn't anywhere near complete on monsters let alone equipment.

I think Direct x will be a optional extra like SD and HD but that will only give it better graphics and sound options and no real contents to the game.

Thats all good and well we all want better graphics ( eye candy ) and sound but tat will not save the game from coming to a end from its level 99 cap sickness.

It will end when Jagex stops making profit out of the game.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

To quote MMG "RuneScape will live forever! ...We will never stop developing and improving RuneScape regardless of the success of our other games... In 5 to 10 years I see RuneScape as the biggest, most epic game in the world!" (source). Andrew Gower also said in July 2008 "We will always focus on improving RuneScape and adding more depth to it" and revealed that "As I have said, RuneScape needs to constantly evolve to stay state of the art, so we are already planning the next graphical improvement of RuneScape " (source). Instead of going to a new RuneScape, they intend to keep improving this one.

Hurmyie: Your comments regarding DirectX are misinformed and sirlonewolf is correct. They merely intend to add DirectX rendering as an option to the regular Java game alongside the existing support for OpenGL and Software-based rendering.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

To quote MMG "RuneScape will live forever! ...We will never stop developing and improving RuneScape regardless of the success of our other games... In 5 to 10 years I see RuneScape as the biggest, most epic game in the world!" (source). Andrew Gower also said in July 2008 "We will always focus on improving RuneScape and adding more depth to it" and revealed that "As I have said, RuneScape needs to constantly evolve to stay state of the art, so we are already planning the next graphical improvement of RuneScape " (source). Instead of going to a new RuneScape, they intend to keep improving this one.

Hurmyie: Your comments regarding DirectX are misinformed and sirlonewolf is correct. They merely intend to add DirectX rendering as an option to the regular Java game alongside the existing support for OpenGL and Software-based rendering.

I think that wishfull thinking on mmg part. the game is fast aprothing the point where there is no more space for improvements and updates (like the 99 level cap.) there is only so much stuff u can cram into a skill with a 99 level cap. and bring out a new skill every year or two will not realy help keep the game going for 10, 20 or 50 years.

I hat to say it but thy need to start redesign runescape to go beyond level 99 and inprove combat as well, make runscape 3 and let it be as good as runscape was over classic.

I think that wishfull thinking on mmg part. the game is fast aprothing the point where there is no more space for improvements and updates (like the 99 level cap.) there is only so much stuff u can cram into a skill with a 99 level cap. and bring out a new skill every year or two will not realy help keep the game going for 10, 20 or 50 years.

I hat to say it but thy need to start redesign runescape to go beyond level 99 and inprove combat as well, make runscape 3 and let it be as good as runscape was over classic.

We are far away from the point where the 99 cap will become an issue. Many skills, such as Mining, and Firemaking are quite empty, and new skills are coming out at a faster rate than skills are filling up. I expect we will see a combat system overhaul, partly because of the damage inflation, but also because it isn't varied enough. The end is far from nigh. It can't even be seen at the end of any proverbial tunnels yet.

I can't wait until DirectX rendering is added, but it's going to be an option as always and won't give an ingame advantage. It simply won't be in the interest of Jagex or the game if it was otherwise.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i do think they will run out of ideas to update but that will be years after...

graphic update for each rs city (theyve already done seers varrock fally etc) and high lvl content for each skill

i just think updates will become less fequent and slowly fade off because theres a point when youve almost done everything

skills for example, ideas for new ones are running out and i think it will prettymuch stop expanding around #27-30 just because thinking of 6 new skills that are unrelated to the existing ones is very hard

con was relased, about 8-10 months later there was hunter, about 11 months later there was summoning, its now been 2 years 1 month and no new skill

a_final_name.png

i do think they will run out of ideas to update but that will be years after...

graphic update for each rs city (theyve already done seers varrock fally etc) and high lvl content for each skill

i just think updates will become less fequent and slowly fade off because theres a point when youve almost done everything

skills for example, ideas for new ones are running out and i think it will prettymuch stop expanding around #27-30 just because thinking of 6 new skills that are unrelated to the existing ones is very hard

con was relased, about 8-10 months later there was hunter, about 11 months later there was summoning, its now been 2 years 1 month and no new skill

Thats my point exactly :???:

I'm certain that runescape will keep expanding. If their theory of making runescape into the world's biggest game is true, then certainly, we'd be seeing updates that will continue regardless if they ever run out of ideas or not.

I'm certain that runescape will keep expanding. If their theory of making runescape into the world's biggest game is true, then certainly, we'd be seeing updates that will continue regardless if they ever run out of ideas or not.

worlds biggest game? if you look at the number of squares and counted them all the entire map of runescape is equal to 2 or 3 zones in wow (although it feels smaller because you move a lot faster in it) . Another issue is half the areas are empty anyways, for Runescape to be in theory the worlds biggest game it would have to be 10's of times bigger then it is already. I just dont see that happening

....not the biggest map. biggest as in most popular.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

worlds biggest game? if you look at the number of squares and counted them all the entire map of runescape is equal to 2 or 3 zones in wow (although it feels smaller because you move a lot faster in it) . Another issue is half the areas are empty anyways, for Runescape to be in theory the worlds biggest game it would have to be 10's of times bigger then it is already. I just dont see that happening

Why do we always refer to WoW for "best an de bigest gaem evar" discussions? It kinda irks me >.>

Anyway, apart for my burning hatred for WoW, another thing is content. Eventually, runescape will run out of content, and WoW will run out of content, and all those other games will run out of content. The day that happens, the game will slowly die. But, content is only limited to your imagination; WoW has a strong background, but is fully developed in that area, whilst runescape has a LOT of gaps to fill, so we have room for heaps more storylines and plenty more areas.

So, unless the world ends in 2012, runescape will continue to go strong.

disturbeda.png