08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full slayer helm pretty much makes doing dk's for dagganoth tasks the best thing.

I was thinking if its possible to combine void mace with full slayer helm with extremes or normal potions thats a lot of high hits on rex (33*1.15)*((0.03*7)+1) 45.9195 max.

Personally the staff sounds good, but I'm not 100% sure I would use it as much as I'd like. The magic/range item would be great, slayer gets boring if you get a cycle of tasks so its nice to have the option to train magic/range effectively via slayer.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Woot, nice updates this week.

The musical update wasn't really necessary imo, but meh.

Oh, and PACHI NOTEZ:

[hide=Fixes this week]Graphical

* Fixed a problem with the dragon platelegs when holding the orb of oculus.

* Fixed the agility animation timing when going under the wall shortcut in Varrock.

* Adjusted the chathead animation for an NPC that wasn't working properly.

* Corrected players stances with two-handed weapons when using the Werewolf Agility Arena.

* Fixed a problem with the bullroarer animation and its looping.

Audio

* Corrected some of the unlock code for a couple of music tracks.

* The Grand Tree main door now has sound attached.

* Improved the sound when emptying buckets of water.

Quests

* Johnathan from Family Crest will no longer swap your gloves on a free world.

* The new pet from Rune Mechanics will now correctly feed at the Ourania Altar.

* Fixed a problem with the height mapping in Tales of the Muspah.

Miscellaneous

* Corrected a problem when trying to spy on penguins in a certain area.

* The seers headband will no longer give you the bonuses on free worlds.

* The objective system should no longer show 1% if you've not gained any experience toward your goal.

* Corrected a few spelling/grammar errors.

* The mud thrown at you when the giant mole retreats now properly scales to cover your window.

* The Snare and Entangle spells will correctly tell you that they're members-only.

* Adjusted the code for pickpocketing bandits. [/hide]

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Okay, breakdown time!

Strykewyrm update:

Strykewyrm: drops are sick. Most drops are stackable (runes, noted herbs/fruits/bars) or consumalbe during task.

Special drops are also nice, giving Mages and Rangers a much-needed Slayer boost.

The Staff of Light is of course a near-broken staff. 15% damage bonus: one of the highest bonuses. 1/8 chance to save runes: cheaper magic! Damage-reducement: powerfull for Tanks. Slayer-staff: Now the Slayer Dart gets a power-boost!. Dragon-level stats: good for finishing off a monster to save even more runes.

Music update:

Finally, I can listen to my favourite RS Music Tracks during runs where music often changes =)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Just noticed cave fights would be a lot quicker with the new range item.

It puts fire surge in league with CoG pretty much too both on cost and damage.

I really hope I get lucky with my GE offers, chances are very slim but hey can't blame me for trying.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I really hope I get lucky with my GE offers, chances are very slim but hey can't blame me for trying.

I'm dying for an ice wyrms task. The only tasks I wont skip are abby demons, waterfiends, miths, and spirit mages. Everything else goes. Too bad I have zero points. <_<

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Do you guys remember the dark age before smoking kills?....Do you remember how do slayers skip task before then? Slayers used to burp tasks they do not want, so if you are out of points and do not care for your streak, just go burp the task.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

[hide=quote nest]

does focus sight work on cannon?

are they cannonable? last time i asked this i got some bs answer like "you gotta click them first" that means nothing

also if were gonna kill these the required items arent just fire cape, you also need several remote controll cars and sticks of dynamite

does ranging potion work on cannon?

answer yourself

[/hide]

Your range level/bonus actually does affect cannon accuracy from the few reputable tests that I've seen, so maybe you should check aroun a bit more before attempting to be clever B)

so your telling me, that if u are 99 range and drink extreme range, full void, you can hit more 30s;?

and for the few tests that i made, level it doesn't affect the accuracy

kthanxbye

Actually, the player who brought us Slayerbelle (first untrimmed slayer cape) experimented on a different character (Villandra?) using only a cannon to 99. Her results are tersely summarised in the Cannon section of our Ranged Guide: "An intensive study has shown that the cannon's accuracy is affected by range bonus and range level, just like any other ranging weapon, but to a lesser degree."

Dunno if this helps with the original question, but I wanted to provide the study conclusion.

P.S.: if anyone has drop info for the wyrms, especially jungle, please please post in the Bestiary subforum of the Website Updates forum. The Crew can see your post and respond immediately. Post drop Info for the Jungle strykewyrm here. Thanks!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Solo tribrid dagannoth tasks anyone?

That was my thought when I first looked at the full slayer mask.

Just black mask and focus make me salivate, solo hybriding even at sub 90 stats. Or super quick kills with 2 man slayer task.

KQ springs to mind also as does KBD (ranging mainly).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'm dying for an ice wyrms task. The only tasks I wont skip are abby demons, waterfiends, miths, and spirit mages. Everything else goes. Too bad I have zero points. <_<

Well, you could always go back to what we did in the good ol' days-->Burthoping!

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Just so I'm clear focus shot and hexcrest only work on slayer tasks right?

Or can you wear them without the slayer helm against any monster?

Only on slayer monster, it would be OP if you get the 15% against other monsters.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Just so I'm clear focus shot and hexcrest only work on slayer tasks right?

Or can you wear them without the slayer helm against any monster?

Only on slayer monster, it would be OP if you get the 15% against other monsters.

I can't really see how you can be OP against monsters but thanks for the info.

Zerker_jane.png

Well if I get a weapon that 1 shot everything, that would be pretty OP. This is the same concept, just on a lesser scale.

11-1.jpg[

Lol. I think the SoL won't stay high forever. Sure, some people will pay 300m for one, but within a few days people will notice it's such a common drop that it simply isn't worth it. I mean, the situation is somewhat like Granite Maces. Common as hell drop. Maybe not as useless but still. With drop rates being somewhere around 1:200, even with the req's it shouldn't exceed 40m.

... I dunno. I've seen threads on the rsof calling it the new Mint Cakes. I just lol'd.

SoL is definitely a viable melee weapon if it has 6speed. It can probably beat out whip + dds or maybe even whip + claws, if you have spec restores (to replenish the SoL spec)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

wyrmtask.png

From a 103 desert wyrm task, can't see these things getting that expensive.

Also got another task after only 1 cancel :thumbsup: I'll just farm some and ride out the hype.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

wyrmtask.png

From a 103 desert wyrm task, can't see these things getting that expensive.

Also got another task after only 1 cancel :thumbsup: I'll just farm some and ride out the hype.

If you want I'll take one of those off your hands :mrgreen:

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The logical course of action would be to permanently block Strykewyrms for the next 6 months or until the new drops' prices depreciate by 500%. Only then will there be at least 1 Strykewyrm per player.

The logical course of action would be to permanently block Strykewyrms for the next 6 months or until the new drops' prices depreciate by 500%. Only then will there be at least 1 Strykewyrm per player.

I don't have this problem at the desert wyrms. Most of the time there are only 2 people here (including me) and from time to time there are 3. More than enough wyrms per people.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.