08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

i suffer from Bad connection, My internet Dies Like every 30 mins. But there is nothing i can personally do. Its up to my dad to change not me. But because of this Connection i have never seemed to kill Jad. I lose Con on the way, i've lost con on jad.

Im currently 360k From 93 Slayer so i will try and get ASAP. Any Tzhaar tasks, i will have to do at my best friends house, but then i always worry that jagex will ban me, as it looks as if he would have done it for me. So i really dont know what to do

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously guys, I cannot understand the firecape argument.

I have a crappy internet connection, and a crappy mouse (keeps disconnecting at random times) so I knew when I set my goal of getting one that it would be particularly difficult. So what I did was do the first 62 waves at home, log out and then went to an internet cafe (where it was 30p (about 28c) for 15 minutes) and fought Jad there, where I knew the connection was stable and there was no lag. And yes it took me about 15 attempts to get one so I'm not going to say "oh just go and get one, it's easy". But I do know, that if you keep trying, eventually you'll get it.

And you'll never regret all the time you spent trying.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I have a crappy internet connection, and a crappy mouse (keeps disconnecting at random times) so I knew when I set my goal of getting one that it would be particularly difficult. So what I did was do the first 62 waves at home, log out and then went to an internet cafe (where it was 30p (about 28c) for 15 minutes) and fought Jad there, where I knew the connection was stable and there was no lag. And yes it took me about 15 attempts to get one so I'm not going to say "oh just go and get one, it's easy". But I do know, that if you keep trying, eventually you'll get it.

Until you die and lose it. Even though doing that is difficult. and the guy who died probably deserved to lose it.

i suffer from Bad connection, My internet Dies Like every 30 mins. But there is nothing i can personally do. Its up to my dad to change not me. But because of this Connection i have never seemed to kill Jad. I lose Con on the way, i've lost con on jad.

Im currently 360k From 93 Slayer so i will try and get ASAP. Any Tzhaar tasks, i will have to do at my best friends house, but then i always worry that jagex will ban me, as it looks as if he would have done it for me. So i really dont know what to do

To be honest, they can't ban you for playing on different computers.

Fifteen tries is ~30 hours. 30 hours of nothing but trying to get a cape and failing 15 times. Personally I cannot stand that and would probably quit for a couple months after failing that many times and wasting that many hours with NOTHING to show for it. That is my problem with fight caves. You fail it, and there goes two hours ABSOLUTELY wasted, nothing to show for it, nothing gained.

yes.png

Firecape... let's make the entire Champions Challenge the new requirement to get in the Champion's Guild, who agrees?

I totally agree. Just like getting a fire cape, the champion's challenge requires all luck and no skill, therefore it should totally be the new requirement to get into the champion's guild. Not to mention that both the fight caves and the champion's guild are low level aspects of the game.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Out of curiosity, was that a serious argument, Lep? I sincerely hope that it wasn't.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think LEP's point was that it doesn't make sense (to him) that an object from a minigame should be needed to kill a slayer monster. Although Fire cape doesn't make sense if you are maging with fire spells, TBH.

For me, TD's and prayer switching is easy. I've only tried fight caves twice, and died both times. Now I will go for a fire cape. The thing I don't like, although its a personal thing, is having to spend ~an hour to get to jad, and then mess up since I don't have enough practice. Next try I think I will test out veng+d claws+turmoil+x pots on him.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I think LEP's point was that it doesn't make sense (to him) that an object from a minigame should be needed to kill a slayer monster. Although Fire cape doesn't make sense if you are maging with fire spells, TBH.

I think that the logic behind the fire cape is that it both protects you from the ice wyrm and allows you to harm it. Fire spells are icing on the cake.

dgs5.jpg

Fifteen tries is ~30 hours. 30 hours of nothing but trying to get a cape and failing 15 times. Personally I cannot stand that and would probably quit for a couple months after failing that many times and wasting that many hours with NOTHING to show for it. That is my problem with fight caves. You fail it, and there goes two hours ABSOLUTELY wasted, nothing to show for it, nothing gained.

You can also spend a week at arma and not get anything. What's your point?

Stryke Wyrms are a rare task for many people. Requiring a task to kill them is far more inconveniencing than the Fire Cape. Getting a Fire Cape is largely controllable-- there is a significant amount of skill involved-- and you can get better at it. Receiving a Stryke Wyrm task is completely random, and that is very unfair. I know many players who are way above the requirement for Ice Strykewyrms, yet they have consumed hundreds of points and done dozens of tasks without receiving it.

td2sig.jpg

Arma can be done at your leisure, not in 2 hour chunks. And if someone goes to arma, it is because they ACTUALLY WANT to go to arma, not because they are forced to to kill a monster.

Oh, and I am yet to see someone with a hexcrest equiped, anyone got pics?

yes.png

Arma can be done at your leisure, not in 2 hour chunks. And if someone goes to arma, it is because they ACTUALLY WANT to go to arma, not because they are forced to to kill a monster.

Yet the fight caves can be completed in ten minute intervals and in under an hour of total play time. On top of that, the only risk is spending money on supplies. What's your point?

dgs5.jpg

Stryke Wyrms are a rare task for many people. Requiring a task to kill them is far more inconveniencing than the Fire Cape. Getting a Fire Cape is largely controllable-- there is a significant amount of skill involved-- and you can get better at it. Receiving a Stryke Wyrm task is completely random, and that is very unfair. I know many players who are way above the requirement for Ice Strykewyrms, yet they have consumed hundreds of points and done dozens of tasks without receiving it.

I'd rather it be 'task only". When I'm slaying, it's annoying when you see non-slayers camping at a certain monster when you need to complete a task. After all, this is supposed to be an incentive to train Slayer.
Swaggers.png

I did Jad at my own leisure...

No one is 'forcing' you to kill the monster either.

Swaggers.png

I'd rather it be 'task only". When I'm slaying, it's annoying when you see non-slayers camping at a certain monster when you need to complete a task. After all, this is supposed to be an incentive to train Slayer.

I'm all for making task only monsters, but not monsters that drop the range and mage equivilants of a black mask. Why should melee's "mask" come from a level 90ish creature that is easy to kill, can be camped, and drops the mask at about the same rate?

Yet the fight caves can be completed in ten minute intervals and in under an hour of total play time. On top of that, the only risk is spending money on supplies. What's your point?

You are telling me that it is realistic and feasible to do the caves in 10 minute intervals? And show me a single person that can beat jad in under an hour for their first cape. Some people only play 30 minutes at a time/day, why make a quite honestly stupid requirement? I don't have the slayer level, and if/when I do I plan to have had a fire cape for a long while, but the requirement to have one to kill these seems very forced and added just to give firecape a special purpose

Edit:

I'm all for making task only monsters, but not monsters that drop the range and mage equivilants of a black mask. Why should melee's "mask" come from a level 90ish creature that is easy to kill, can be camped, and drops the mask at about the same rate?

Amazing point and I agree 100%

yes.png

I thought Kuradal only assigned these if you were wearing the cape.

You are telling me that it is realistic and feasible to do the caves in 10 minute intervals? And show me a single person that can beat jad in under an hour for their first cape. Some people only play 30 minutes at a time/day, why make a quite honestly stupid requirement? I don't have the slayer level, and if/when I do I plan to have had a fire cape for a long while, but the requirement to have one to kill these seems very forced and added just to give firecape a special purpose

Edit:

I fought Jad for the second time ever on a task earlier. My first attempt took 90 minutes and I destroyed him easily without even knowing which attack was which (used an outdated guide so the animations information was useless). My second attempt (today) took 80 minutes. He hit me three times before I even figured out where he was, and hit me another five times throughout the fight.

Seeing as you can kill Jad in under 7 seconds simply by stacking offense, tank out his hits simply by stacking defense, or defeat him through recognizing his attacks and praying appropriately, it's really not that unfair of a requirement is it?

I am, actually. How is it not? Do a couple waves, log out, get some food, go to the bathroom, hang out with your friends, come back, do a couple more waves, etc, etc. I certainly don't recommend that a player attempt to beast the fight caves in under an hour for their first cape, but it's an option nonetheless. Besides, how many people get their cape the first time? It's an endeavor that requires skill and patience. You can use SirHemen's guide to simulate the fight against Jad, which will help, but more often than not you're going to want to do a few trial runs through the caves before you seriously attempt it.

I got my fire cape on my second try. The first try was done with bone bolts, prayer potions, and a couple monks.

dgs5.jpg

Edit:

Just tell me exactly how someone playing for 30 minutes a day could get to 93 slayer. At 30k/h (Not realistic at all), that's 15k xp/day.

7,195,629 (xp at 93)/15 000= 480 days approx.

That's highly ulikely that someone of that level would never find increments of an hour to pass the caves.

WarBlastoise.png

Just tell me exactly how someone playing for 30 minutes a day could get to 93 slayer. At 30k/h (Not realistic at all), that's 15k xp/day.

7,195,629 (xp at 93)/15 000= 480 days approx.

That's highly ulikely that someone of that level would never find increments of an hour to pass the caves.

People's playing styles change as time goes on. Hell, I used to play like 8 hours a day and now I play about an hour most days max. Someone playing as much as me COULD try to get a cape, but that would take up all their playing time for the day + every other day that they fail.

Seeing as you can kill Jad in under 7 seconds simply by stacking offense, tank out his hits simply by stacking defense, or defeat him through recognizing his attacks and praying appropriately, it's really not that unfair of a requirement is it?

No, ONE person did that, the exception is not the rule.

I thought Kuradal only assigned these if you were wearing the cape.

Yes, that is right, but if you want them assigned you have to actually get the cape

yes.png

To be honest, they can't ban you for playing on different computers.

^

This

Jagex made runescape compatible for a web based browser for a reason, to play on ANY computer. They just give the warnings about unsecured computers because they hate it when we [bleep] about getting hacked.

You will not get banned for playing rs at your friends house. You will get banned for auto-mining at your friends house. Understand teh difference

Unless of course your friend happens to live thousands of miles away, there is no reason to fear.

Well I think you can safely log out every wave now up until Jad, but I think you're right it probably will take more than an hour to complete the fight caves. Personally at maxed cb it took me 1 hour 23 mins so I would hazard a guess at 2 hours for the average player.

My view on this matter is that if one doesn't actually have the slayer level to kill the ice strykewyrms then that person doesn't really have any reason to complain. I mean, why complain about something that doesn't affect you? Plus the cape isn't as hard as many make it out to be, there's tons of guides and videos out there detailing exactly how to defeat Jad with ease. Surely if a lvl 40 can get the cape, then so can the average player :P

Edit: Sorry I'm new to the forums and I don't know how to quote people properly this was for bloodstains post 1 page back.

Well I think you can safely log out every wave now up until Jad, but I think you're right it probably will take more than an hour to complete the fight caves. Personally at maxed cb it took me 1 hour 23 mins so I would hazard a guess at 2 hours for the average player.

My view on this matter is that if one doesn't actually have the slayer level to kill the ice strykewyrms then that person doesn't really have any reason to complain. I mean, why complain about something that doesn't affect you? Plus the cape isn't as hard as many make it out to be, there's tons of guides and videos out there detailing exactly how to defeat Jad with ease. Surely if a lvl 40 can get the cape, then so can the average player :P

Edit: Sorry I'm new to the forums and I don't know how to quote people properly this was for bloodstains post 1 page back.

Yeah, I've tried a couple times too and it took me closer to 2 hours each time. And I may not have the level but that doesn't mean I can't criticize, plus lots of people with the level have the same issue.

Oh, and for the quote I assume you cut out all the other bits of my post, so you needed to add the "/" in the

part at the end of my post when you quoted.

So

what i wrote [/ quote ] (without the spaces after /quote)
yes.png