08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

I know Mck already posted it, but for those of you who can't view images:

System Update...

This contains a little more than the previous updates this week.

Firstly if you don't have enough memory on your computer we've disabled the option for texturing in the new SD mode as this was causing the client to run out of memory.

Because the above required content and game engine adjustments there are a few other changes related to this week's slayer update.

- As promised Kuradal can now hand out Jungle Strykewyrm tasks.

- Slightly increased the probability of getting Ice Strykewryms

- Fixed a problem where random events would interfere with fighting Strykewyrms.

- Added a few more Styrkewyrms to the various areas.

- Drop tables for the Strykewyrms were intended to give slightly random amounts of items, this is now the case and the drops are still very generous.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a minigame they'll never be good at.

I'm not good at the Fight Caves. When I had to kill the Ket-zek for the KAD, I was nervous and flustered and majorly sucked at trapping at the Italy rock. Considering I was a mess at wave 32, there was no way I would make it to Jad even though I was prepped for it. Fighting-type mini games such as this aren't fun for me and I play RS for fun. I don't need a cape to justify my existence.

imevil.jpg

Yay @ the change of getting jungly strykewyrms :D <3 Kuradal once more.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The only 2 things I have problems with when killing Jad is:

1. The start. Ive been KOed offscreen twice. I then realized if I brewed to over 100 hp, I could let Jad hit me once while offscreen.

Just have to remember to set auto retaliate on before killing the last 360.

2. The Healers. Little buggers I ended up concentrating on and messing up prayer.

Just have to remember to slowly attack them and not try to get them on my as quick as possible.

Il get the cape one day. :P

Also like how they added Jungle Wyrms to Kuradal, wasnt thrilled about going back to Lapalok just to get them.

Den, it is possible to defend again jad when he is offscreen. Keep your sound on so you can hear his attacks. Use protect from range, but if you hear a sound like a retribution prayer going off, immediately switch to protect from mage, and after the hit switch back to protect from range as the buildup for that attack is unfortunately silent (wouldn't think stomping would be silent...).

As for the healers, all I can say is keep calm, and lure one at a time, after each jad attack. Half the battle with Jad is just realizing that he's easy as dirt and not getting so nervous, because shaky hand increase your chances of making a mistake exponentially.

The only 2 things I have problems with when killing Jad is:

1. The start. Ive been KOed offscreen twice. I then realized if I brewed to over 100 hp, I could let Jad hit me once while offscreen.

Just have to remember to set auto retaliate on before killing the last 360.

2. The Healers. Little buggers I ended up concentrating on and messing up prayer.

Just have to remember to slowly attack them and not try to get them on my as quick as possible.

Il get the cape one day. :P

Also like how they added Jungle Wyrms to Kuradal, wasnt thrilled about going back to Lapalok just to get them.

I don't bother with the healers, I boost up with a ranging potion, use addy bolts or higher with Eagle Eye and I tend to hurt Jad faster than the Healers can heal him :)

Trying to get rid of the healers never works for me, I never kill them quick enough so they end up respawning again, and if i try to lure them I'll either end up underneath Jad's foot or having too many things to focus on and end up getting owned.

a minigame they'll never be good at.

I'm not good at the Fight Caves. When I had to kill the Ket-zek for the KAD, I was nervous and flustered and majorly sucked at trapping at the Italy rock. Considering I was a mess at wave 32, there was no way I would make it to Jad even though I was prepped for it. Fighting-type mini games such as this aren't fun for me and I play RS for fun. I don't need a cape to justify my existence.

This.

I'm nearly a maxed player, and I have an unreliable wireless connection on my laptop. Also, I'm the type of player that doesn't like getting nervous while I play, so I generally avoid PvP and boss hunting. You may wonder "Why the hell does he even play, then?!" Well, I play the game, but I play stuff that I enjoy (which also happens to not be PvP and boss hunting). Even though I have the levels and the knowledge to do these things, I just don't do them. Never have and never will.

I play games to alleviate stress (not get stressed).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Thanks for the tips. :)

I tried to listen for stuff on my first and second attempt, but now that I think about it I might have though the mage attack was silent and the range attack wasnt. :P

Does anyone have a good setup for the fight caves? I might try this weekend if I can find a setup which wont cost me tons.

Thanks for the tips. :)

I tried to listen for stuff on my first and second attempt, but now that I think about it I might have though the mage attack was silent and the range attack wasnt. :P

Does anyone have a good setup for the fight caves? I might try this weekend if I can find a setup which wont cost me tons.

I could let you borrow my armadyl or fury if you want to. With Fight Caves, after a few attempts you'll do it and then you'll be able to kill Jad every time after that.

I'm happy about the addition as I didn't want to hop masters for it. :P Not trained slayer since they came out though so not sure when I'll go for the items. I may try get one of each then stop slayer until I get higher herblore and prayer.

imagangster.png

Jad is easy yes... its just he can 2 hit you... people just don't understand that people panic and mess up. Yes you can go a fight against jad w/o taking any damage or you can get 2 hit... its all a matter of luck and chance, yesterday i had jad beat he was around 40 hp all healers on me.. yet that stupid yellow thing kept going on him.. this confused and stressed me because i thought he was still getting healed... and then the accident happened. I became cocky and thought i had him beat and instead of using sound and his movements i would pray mage when i saw the orb on his head.. or range when he stomped the ground. This worked fine at first but then the heal well the fake heal come on him just as he maged and boom 78 and i was dead. I was so close... i mean i could feel the cape slip threw my fingers and fall down the cracks jad made when he stomped. This pissed me off... i was so close.. so after a few hours of venting and calming down i started all over.. try 8. All was going good i had all supplies still and only used 3 p pots. I was confident this time ready to kill him. Then all of a sudden the range attack hits me? I herd no sound accept for the contact of his range attack hitting me for a 78. Panicking i looked around for jad trying to predict his next attack! Then the second range attack hit me finishing me off with the same as before no sound until it hit me... and then to mock me on such a fail... jad a peers out of nowhere to the right ... of the Italy rock. This dose not mean that i suck or cant achieve the fire cape just that i got unlucky. This would make some people give up but ill keep trying... i mean its only 4 hours a day with 2 fails a day how much longer can it take....

The whole reason of this story is that I'm tired of people calling others bad,dumb, noobs because they cant get fire cape. Its a lot of luck and chance involved and some people don't wanna look up guides because they feel its cheating. So next time before you think its ok to tell someone something is easy or there just bad consider this.. just because you can do something or a majority of people can do something dose not mean everyone can, we all have our specialty's and its not fair to judge someone you don't even know just because the majority can.

Jad is easy yes... its just he can 2 hit you... people just don't understand that people panic and mess up. Yes you can go a fight against jad w/o taking any damage or you can get 2 hit... its all a matter of luck and chance, yesterday i had jad beat he was around 40 hp all healers on me.. yet that stupid yellow thing kept going on him.. this confused and stressed me because i thought he was still getting healed... and then the accident happened. I became cocky and thought i had him beat and instead of using sound and his movements i would pray mage when i saw the orb on his head.. or range when he stomped the ground. This worked fine at first but then the heal well the fake heal come on him just as he maged and boom 78 and i was dead. I was so close... i mean i could feel the cape slip threw my fingers and fall down the cracks jad made when he stomped. This pissed me off... i was so close.. so after a few hours of venting and calming down i started all over.. try 8. All was going good i had all supplies still and only used 3 p pots. I was confident this time ready to kill him. Then all of a sudden the range attack hits me? I herd no sound accept for the contact of his range attack hitting me for a 78. Panicking i looked around for jad trying to predict his next attack! Then the second range attack hit me finishing me off with the same as before no sound until it hit me... and then to mock me on such a fail... jad a peers out of nowhere to the right ... of the Italy rock. This dose not mean that i suck or cant achieve the fire cape just that i got unlucky. This would make some people give up but ill keep trying... i mean its only 4 hours a day with 2 fails a day how much longer can it take....

The whole reason of this story is that I'm tired of people calling others bad,dumb, noobs because they cant get fire cape. Its a lot of luck and chance involved and some people don't wanna look up guides because they feel its cheating. So next time before you think its ok to tell someone something is easy or there just bad consider this.. just because you can do something or a majority of people can do something dose not mean everyone can, we all have our specialty's and its not fair to judge someone you don't even know just because the majority can.

To be honest though, making mistakes is not luck. The only luck factor is connection, and that can be remedied. When you do eventually get the cape after taking many tries, it will also actually feel like an accomplishment of skill instead of grinding. I personally know this, it took me 13 tries to get mine back in the day, and it has almost been on my characters back every moment since.

I personally had to battle bad connections and nerves. My hands would cease up when i got near to the end because of nerves, and I would be battling with bad lagg. I could also play for more than 1h stints at a time. How did I get past it? Playing in half an hour stints, or going 20 waves at a time.

Also, it isn't an empty accomplishment as some people say even if you fail, you still get buckets of exp for the time spent. I personally went from around 73 range to around 80 while getting mine.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Utter nonsense. The situations you described were a result of your lack of skill and experience, not chance. You don't want to look up a guide? That's okay, but it's on you to find the best way to deal with the fight caves rather complaining because you refuse to receive advice.

PROTIP: The range attack doesn't make a sound until it hits you, which is why you put on range protect as you kill the last 360.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I have a feeling Jagex might eventually give in to the players that do not own a fire cape. They'll probably release a "fake" fire cape, buyable from either a slayer master or at the fight cave that degrades over time and has no stats. This would give the capeless players a chance to slay Icewyrms and still give an advantage to those who own a "true" fire cape.

This would ease the rantings a bit.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I have a feeling Jagex might eventually give in to the players that do not own a fire cape. They'll probably release a "fake" fire cape, buyable from either a slayer master or at the fight cave that degrades over time and has no stats. This would give the capeless players a chance to slay Icewyrms and still give an advantage to those who own a "true" fire cape.

Or they could use the FM gloves and rings as alternatives. You lose the bonuses of those slots, but don't have to have anything more then an average firemaking level.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Or they could use the FM gloves and rings as alternatives. You lose the bonuses of those slots, but don't have to have anything more then an average firemaking level.

Like some posters already mentionned, these items "protect" from fire...they are not made of fire. Anyway, this is a fantasy game, anything goes!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

i view the jungle addition and higher task rate as a bad update, i liked it before with only 2 of them to worry about and a rare ice task making staff more woth it to get

theyre slightly cannonable, single combat meanig no familiar, and bad charm rate

of the 3 things i look for in a task they get d's on my most important aspects, and A's on my least imporant which is money

i mean a nice drop is great but i value good xp over good money, i usualy have enough money anyways due to merching

a_final_name.png

After some consideration..

The Fire Cape is an excellent reward for a minigame which can take you over an hour to do and can all be messed up in 5 seconds. It should NOT be a requirement for another piece of high level skill content which people have been waiting for ever since Jagex made the Slayer Skill.

By all means let us still use the Fire Cape to kill them, but add a lesser cape to the Slayer Masters shop, have it degrade at the end of your task and cost say 50k? Oh and add a 5/10% hit bonus to Fire Cape wearers.

asrhasrh.jpg

Darklight is a reward from shadow of the storm! It's unfair that I should have to use these on Tormented Demons!

lol lets see here.... 2 hours and possibility to fail for a cape.... ok so if u failed = 2 hours wasted... >.>

30 min to 1 hour for quest... depending if you use guide... low chance of fail.... and if u fail takes 15 min to get required items back...

cape lets u kill monster for 10-15 mill drop....

sword lets u kill for 3-35 mill drop...

11 mill drop requires 93 slayer and actually getting the task...

33 mill drop requires high skill points and a quest complete....

time taken to get 93 slayer+task.... over 6 months

time taken to get questpoints ... around 3-6 months...

2 hours and or more for 15 mill.... or 30 min to 1 hour for 33 mill... i don't see how these to relate... invalid argument try again.

Some people don't have the physical capacity to defeat Jad. Aurian hit it pretty spot on, and if they made the cape look cool it would be a decent way of showcasing a high slayer level. I personally don't have a problem with the update, and while the people who have legitimate concerns are few, they are there and they aren't just whining for the sake of whining.

wl7w9j.png

But SoL is also a lot more common than claws. I haven't gotten a pair of claws in 1000+ kills, which is about 30+ hours.

According to the FAQ, the Staff of Light has the same drop rate as the Abyssal Whip, for what it's worth.

2dgucz6.png

How do you make it to 93 slayer without a firecape? lol

I felt embarrassed that I made it a goal to get firecape before I got 70 slayer

I am 92 slayer without one, and I will be 99 slayer without one.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours