08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

Today I got my 400th task, and it was Tzhaar. So I switched to try and do a "jad" task, thinking get 270 points+a fire cape for the first time would be pretty hot. Having got to Jad twice before, and died, I was nervous. Once I was fighting jad, I was good. Until I noticed that even though I had all the healers lured, he was still healing. So eventually, as I couldn't kill him, he killed me. Next time I am going to use D claws+turmoil+x pots and just kick his arse really quick.

Hell, I would fight a jad who ALWAYS 1 hit you if you messed up, and had 2-3x the HP, if he didn't take an hour to get to. Fight caves are so boring to get to jad, that having to practice on him until he stops glitching is really a PITA. As for requiring a fire cape to kill wyrms, it doesn't make sense, but it will have the benefit of having few people able to kill ISW, and so higher prices for when I do get fire cape and 93 slayer.

Do you know if this always happens? I am hoping to do a tzhaar task soon too, but I don't want to end up where you ended, dieing by some glitch.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how would wearing the cape on your back protect you from the cold?

The heat radiating off of it maybe? People wore capes/cloaks to stay warm way-back-when.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I'm rather neutral in any case to the whole Fire Cape debate, since it's more than likely I will never get 93 Slayer.

However, if a cape of fire, a fiery item, passes, why not a Mystic Fire, Steam, or Lava Staff? Is there some given reason as to why only a Fire Cape can be used?

Because fire staves only act like runes, not actual fire, unlike a fire cape, which is flowing lava or whatever.

Well he does bring up a good point. The message says the wyrms freeze your hands, right? Why can't you just wear the fire gloves from beacon lighting? That would make a lot more sense in this case :P

I could imagine jsut as much, if not more moaning from that tbh. 'Non combat should not effect slayer@!@!@!'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm rather neutral in any case to the whole Fire Cape debate, since it's more than likely I will never get 93 Slayer.

However, if a cape of fire, a fiery item, passes, why not a Mystic Fire, Steam, or Lava Staff? Is there some given reason as to why only a Fire Cape can be used?

Because fire staves only act like runes, not actual fire, unlike a fire cape, which is flowing lava or whatever.

Well he does bring up a good point. The message says the wyrms freeze your hands, right? Why can't you just wear the fire gloves from beacon lighting? That would make a lot more sense in this case :P

I could imagine jsut as much, if not more moaning from that tbh. 'Non combat should not effect slayer@!@!@!'

Although when you get down to it, slayer is a non-combat skill. In the sense that it doesn't effect your combat level.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Although when you get down to it, slayer is a non-combat skill. In the sense that it doesn't effect your combat level.

I rather like the idea of Flame Gloves of Rings of Fire allowing people to fight these; However, I think that there should be certain disadvantages to using those items in place of the Fire Cape.

Consider: Fire Cape = Super Antifire Potion, Flame Gloves = Antidragonfire Shield, Ring of Fire = normal Antifire potion.

Or at 5 Firemaking people can simply cover themselves with coal-tar and set themselves on fire. ...With obvious and deadly side-effects...

2dgucz6.png

But that is just a technicality, slayer is a combat oriented skill which I would approximate 99.99% use combat to train (is it even possible to train it without any sort of combat?). It's like me calling my hoover a hoover, when it is a Dyson, but it is still a hoover.(bad example:))

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Or at 5 Firemaking people can simply cover themselves with coal-tar and set themselves on fire. ...With obvious and deadly side-effects...

I nominate this for the next update.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Why does everyone complain about not being able to do the update because of the fire cape requirement even though most of them don't even have 93 slayer... And the fact that YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL THESE EVER FOR ANYTHING. Seriously to everyone who complains about the fire cape requirement, get over it and kill other things its not like these are the only monsters that drop 10m+ items.

For all of those thinking I'm just another person for it because I have a fire cape, you're wrong I do not have a fire cape and don't plan on getting one any time soon.

Why does everyone complain about not being able to do the update because of the fire cape requirement even though most of them don't even have 93 slayer... And the fact that YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL THESE EVER FOR ANYTHING. Seriously to everyone who complains about the fire cape requirement, get over it and kill other things its not like these are the only monsters that drop 10m+ items.

For all of those thinking I'm just another person for it because I have a fire cape, you're wrong I do not have a fire cape and don't plan on getting one any time soon.

you'd be surprised how many people don't have one. i saw three maxed out players at the same time in rants forum who doesn't have it. its funny actually because they're either too lazy to get it, or scared that they'll lose millions on a minigame they'll never be good at.

I rather like the idea of Flame Gloves of Rings of Fire allowing people to fight these; However, I think that there should be certain disadvantages to using those items in place of the Fire Cape.

Consider: Fire Cape = Super Antifire Potion, Flame Gloves = Antidragonfire Shield, Ring of Fire = normal Antifire potion.

I have no fire cape at this moment so by no means would I personally object to a new item to slay ice wyrms with

but i'd like to point out that flame gloves are gloves designed to protect your hands from fire, not ice

They are not physically on fire or anything like that =D

not sure what exactly the ring of fire does but I'd imagine it'd be similar :P

Naaxi.png

Exactly.

Jad is easy lol. Ive seen vids of people kill him with no prayer. Or melee him to death. Hell people even melee him with rubber chickens or flowers and thers all these 93+ slayers who cant do it.

Have you ever killed Jad with a rubber chicken yourself?

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Exactly.

Jad is easy lol. Ive seen vids of people kill him with no prayer. Or melee him to death. Hell people even melee him with rubber chickens or flowers and thers all these 93+ slayers who cant do it.

Have you ever killed Jad with a rubber chicken yourself?

What? are the people who actually killed Jad with a rubber chicken Inhuman or something, and don't count, so you need to have actually done it yourself?

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Jad isn't hard, it's the getting to him that makes it lame. I don't want to spend 2-3 hours doing the same thing in the same place over and over again just to finally get to Jad and end up dying. The fight caves is NOT a fun minigame however the fight with Jad is, and that is what makes me upset. I've tried getting to Jad once, and died at Jad that very time and I don't want to try again because of how long it takes. If there was an option to just fight Jad without going through the waves then I would do it.

Although, lucky me I don't even have 93 slayer.

Stellactic.gif

If you state Jad is easy because some people have killed it with a chicken then the question whether you did this yourself becomes indeed relevant.

There are people who can jump as far as 6-8 meters.

I cannot do it.

Most people cannot.

Yet for some people it is easy. Like killing Jad with a chicken. That doesn't mean it is easy.

The Bell curve comes into play here; a statistical distribution. Most values are rather close together on this curve. This is what is normal. Only a small percentage have extreme values: either low or high. See below.

http://www.greatdrivingchallenge.com/ee/images/uploads/bellcurve2.gif

The person that killed the Jad with a rubber chicken is probably on the extreme end of the curve. The fact that this person can do it (and probably after some tries) doesn't mean it can be defined as easy based on a normal parameters. For an exceptional person (someone lying on the far side of the curve) it may be easy. That doesn't make it easy for everybody.

The fact that most people need at least a few tries to do Jad suggest actually that Jad is difficult.

Similar to people finding Jad easy, there is also a small group who find Jad impossible. That's the other end of the curve. They are probably hopeless cases.

Personally I have noticed that I am gaining the skill needed to defeat Jad. In my latest attempt I didn't make a single mistake in prayer switching until the Healers came. Then i made an error. I targeted a healer that was too far away and of course I came to close to Jad. He hit me with melee. Something for which i was unprepared. Then I messed up two rounds later. Yet I realized now what I need to do. I need to walk around Jad and target the healers. And don't panic. So next time I might succeed.

Still, extreme people make everything seem easy. Yet that person who killed Jad with a rubber chicken might not be able to knit a sweater. It might be too difficult for him. Here his talent isn't suited.

In conclusion:

Easy isn't defined by the ability of a talented person to do the task. It is defined by the ability of an average person, or even a below average person to do a task.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

But that is just a technicality, slayer is a combat oriented skill which I would approximate 99.99% use combat to train (is it even possible to train it without any sort of combat?). It's like me calling my hoover a hoover, when it is a Dyson, but it is still a hoover.(bad example:))

Actually it's a vacuum cleaner. Hoover is a brand name that just happend to become synonymous with vacuum cleaners :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Actually it's a vacuum cleaner. Hoover is a brand name that just happend to become synonymous with vacuum cleaners :P

Hoover was the surname of the guy who invented them. It wasn't just coincidence that name became synonymous with them.

Zerker_jane.png

Hoover was the surname of the guy who invented them. It wasn't just coincidence that name became synonymous with them.

I can just imagine someone training Slayer using recoils to do their tasks... Lmao!

And you can train Slayer at SW with no use of combat. ;).

09144a99bb.png

I can just imagine someone training Slayer using recoils to do their tasks... Lmao!

And you can train Slayer at SW with no use of combat. ;).

But both those ways are still combat oriented. I would guess that the best and most common way to get slayer xp that isn't combat oriented would be hunting penguins, from which I have received a large amount of my slay xp.

namnlskopia.jpg

Sadly i fall into the "i suck at the fight caves" group im level 130, 99 all melee stats, have good internet con. and yet i guess im slow or something but i havent even been able to make it to Jad yet lol.... Yesterday i died at wave 32 stupid 360 hit me for 40 and then something else that killed me before i could get my prayer up.... Sadly this isnt the first time this has happen to me i dont think i have ever made it past wave 50 even.... So stats alone will never get you a fire cape it takes some clicking skills which I unfortunately lack.... My point... none really just wanted to point out that stats alone dont even allow you to get to Jad.

P.S. I will try again at some point and i have time as i am only just about 89 slayer.

If you can't even get to Jad there really is something wrong. Read a guide.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Horray, Kuradal now assigns Jungle wyrms! Now I can go back to using her.

Also it says now probability of getting ice wyrms is higher. Awesome, mayble SoL will drop more.

Glad I can go back to Kuradal, went back down to Lapalok just to try and get the hexcrest!

Same. And two jungle wyrm tasks for me = no hexcrest for me. Fuuuuu Lapalok.

Oh and btw, GF hex price. If you notice on forums hex was going for even insanely more than the insane price of focus sight. One dude was trading 3 focus for hex :blink: