08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

People can be so hypocritical. They demand content for experienced players, citing their own favorite skills and their own levels of play, and when an update is beyond their own reach, they come up with every reason to try to lower the difficulty...

I completely agree with this. People ask for "elite" content, and when it comes out, they can't take advantage of it, and they whine to get it so they can. Can't use elite content? Guess you aren't elite enough.

The fallacy here is believing that the same people who asked for "elite" content are the same people now complaining.

That's if you view a fire cape as "elite" - many posts claim its not elite at all - it's easy, as all you have to do is switch prayers. "Elite" or not: I guess it depends on what pseudo arguments are being made at the time.

In reality, this is boiling down to whose daddy can buy them the best Internet connection.

If Jagex had made the SoL an added reward for Fight Caves only, no one would be complaining. It's the repurposing of old stand alone minigames as new skill content that is so annoying.

Come on, "daddy getting the best internet connection"...

A decent connection costs maybe 30 euro's a month, it's not about having ultra rich parents. If you are really desperate, buy it yourself for a month, it's only worth 4 months of members.

Besides that, I completely agree with Soma.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Its not that i'm lazy or don't like fight caves..."

Actually, I WOULD call you lazy for not being able to find ANY way to use a clear connection. (maybe the library? or your friend's house? any relatives?) I hate when people use this as an CONVENIENT excuse for why they can't beat Jad. I just don't buy it...

Just flat out and say Jad is too hard and that you want to dumb down the requirements and make EVERYTHING in the game simply grindable...

Lets put it this way. The nearest town, aka general store, a gass station and one house is a half an hour drive from my house. The nearest library is a good 1 1/2 hours away. And actually 3 of my neighbors play rs as well. they all use the same high speed system as me. so you then want me to spend three hours driving and spend an additional 1-2 hrs per jad attempt to try and get a cape. I don't want jad dumbed down. what i want is for the item to provide a benifit when killing icewyrms but not have an item that is so dependent on where you actually live as a requirement to kill it.

Or maybe people should just accept that some content is aimed at those who excel in patience and perseverance, some updates are aimed towards those with reflexes and timing, and some updates require both. It's not the end of the world. People who have the patience for 93 slayer but not the ability to kill Jad are no more meant to be able to kill Ice Strykewyrms than someone with no patience to train slayer but the the ability to beat Jad.

Instead of adding more excuses to the mountain of "reasons we can't beat Jad", just get over yourselves. Ice Strykewyrms wasn't meant for slayer, it was meant for slayer who ALSO have the abilities to handle fight caves. Jad's been beaten before without prayer-switching (through multiple strategies), Jad's been beaten despite horrible lag, Jad's been beaten by low and high levels alike.

People can be so hypocritical. They demand content for experienced players, citing their own favorite skills and their own levels of play, and when an update is beyond their own reach, they come up with every reason to try to lower the difficulty...

I am all for actually training skills up to access new content. If a monster comes out that needs full gold castle wars armour i would gladly spend the months getting it so i could try out the new monster. What attracted me to rs in the first place was that it was so wonderful with almost any connection. So what really bugs me is that they come out with content that is dependant of having a good internet connection or an insane amount of luck. Heck i'm surprised that i managed to beat nomad even though it did take me like 30 tries so don't ever call me lazy just because you city folk think that you can get broadband at the snap of your fingures.

And there is a difference between lag and a time delay. with lag you space out for a second and when you stop lagging you get the multiple attack splashes ect. and is managable since you still have a constant data feed and can eat normally ect.

With time delay it works like this.

1)Jad attacks

2)two seconds minimum baring any bad weather it shows up on my computer that jad is attacking

3) i see the attack and click the correct prayer button

4) two seconds later my prayer comes up and by that time jad has already hit me and has begun his next attack

Human reaction time is what? 3/4 of a second at best? So by the time my prayer has actually come on a minimum of 5 seconds, if there is absolutly no bad weather, has passed. by that time jad has already hit me and begun his next attack.

A decent connection costs maybe 30 euro's a month, it's not about having ultra rich parents. If you are really desperate, buy it yourself for a month, it's only worth 4 months of members.

No its not about having rich parents. Its where you live. Out in the country it is alot harder to get any decent broad band connection that is not satalite.

And thank you PereGrin for actually being constructive and not just saying that everyone is a lazy slob because of their connection. Might try meleeing him latter when i get some spare cash.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I addressed this a few days ago.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The average human reaction time is 1/5th of a second. Average gamer's is a little slower than 1/10th's ish

I just tested mine, it's only 1/4th of a second T_T

Anyways I'll be attempting Jad every slayer task I get for 89 -> 93 slayer, and hopefully I will have a cape by then

I'd love to ask those 6 second Jad slayers how many attempts it took them to pull that off.

Regardless, i hope a focus sight + vengeance will be enough to let me finish off jad for once.

Naaxi.png

Or maybe people should just accept that some content is aimed at those who excel in patience and perseverance, some updates are aimed towards those with reflexes and timing, and some updates require both. It's not the end of the world. People who have the patience for 93 slayer but not the ability to kill Jad are no more meant to be able to kill Ice Strykewyrms than someone with no patience to train slayer but the the ability to beat Jad.

Instead of adding more excuses to the mountain of "reasons we can't beat Jad", just get over yourselves. Ice Strykewyrms wasn't meant for slayer, it was meant for slayer who ALSO have the abilities to handle fight caves. Jad's been beaten before without prayer-switching (through multiple strategies), Jad's been beaten despite horrible lag, Jad's been beaten by low and high levels alike.

I am all for actually training skills up to access new content. If a monster comes out that needs full gold castle wars armour i would gladly spend the months getting it so i could try out the new monster. What attracted me to rs in the first place was that it was so wonderful with almost any connection. So what really bugs me is that they come out with content that is dependant of having a good internet connection or an insane amount of luck. Heck i'm surprised that i managed to beat nomad even though it did take me like 30 tries so don't ever call me lazy just because you city folk think that you can get broadband at the snap of your fingures.

And there is a difference between lag and a time delay. with lag you space out for a second and when you stop lagging you get the multiple attack splashes ect. and is managable since you still have a constant data feed and can eat normally ect.

With time delay it works like this.

1)Jad attacks

2)two seconds minimum baring any bad weather it shows up on my computer that jad is attacking

3) i see the attack and click the correct prayer button

4) two seconds later my prayer comes up and by that time jad has already hit me and has begun his next attack

Human reaction time is what? 3/4 of a second at best? So by the time my prayer has actually come on a minimum of 5 seconds, if there is absolutly no bad weather, has passed. by that time jad has already hit me and begun his next attack.

More rationalization. It's tiring.

If you want to call it impossible, then fine. But it really sounds quite pathetic. The first fight with Jad, I gave up prayer switching entirely after about a third of the fight, and simply deflected magic. Prayer switching is not necessary. My second attempt was plagued by heavy latency, AKA, I can click but nothing will respond for a couple seconds. I got hit a bunch, but still I lived.

If you really can't do it, just move on. I have friends who've already stated they'll never have 93 slayer, since they simply don't have the patience and/or time for it. Yet if they were to complain about the high requirement, plenty of people are ready to throw sharp words their way.

News flash, patience and perseverance in training skills is only ONE facet of this game. Having reflexes, timing, and coordination has always been another facet. I'm sick of hearing statements like "oh there's nothing involved at all, it's not even a challenge... but I can't do it because of ____." Seriously, get over yourself. You're not more important than those who excel in a different style of game play, and content that requires you to be proficient in more than one way isn't unfair in the slightest.

If you really, really can't deal with it, just move on. The need for a Fire Cape should no more be removed because you feel as if you can't finish the Fight Caves as the level requirement be removed for someone who has only half an hour to play each week. There's other slayer monsters for you, there will be more slayer monsters in the future, and what's more, Jagex took you into consideration when they made it so you wouldn't be FORCED to fight Ice Strykewyrms.

The average human reaction time is 1/5th of a second. Average gamer's is a little slower than 1/10th's ish

I just tested mine, it's only 1/4th of a second T_T

Anyways I'll be attempting Jad every slayer task I get for 89 -> 93 slayer, and hopefully I will have a cape by then

I'd love to ask those 6 second Jad slayers how many attempts it took them to pull that off.

Regardless, i hope a focus sight + vengeance will be enough to let me finish off jad for once.

6-second Jad kills aren't hard, they just take a few tries.

Slayer Helm / Neitiznot Helm

Vesta's Chainbody / Statius Platebody / Bandos Chestplate / Fighter Torso

Vesta's Plateskirt / Statius Platelegs / Bandos Tassets

Dragon Boots

Berserker Ring (i)

Gloves (RFD, Barrows)

Amulet of Fury

Dragon Claws

Abyssal Whip / Godsword

99 Attack, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints, 92+ Herblore (for Overlords, use Spicy Stew if necessary), 95 Prayer (and Ancient Curses, for Turmoil), 87 Magic (and Lunar Magic, for Vengeance)

Before the last 360 dies, heal yourself to 115/99 with Brews. Protect Range once the 360 is dead. Trap Jad behind one of the walls. Overload, then heal to 115/99. Cast Vengeance once you can. Equip Dragon Claws, activate the special (make sure you're at 100%). Once you're at 125/99 Attack and Strength, make sure 30 seconds have past since you've cast Vengeance, turn on Turmoil and Soul Split and attack.

Jad has 250 hitpoints. With Dragon Claws, it's fairly easy to hit over 70 damage, and your max is near 100. You attack fast enough to hit Jad at least thrice in the time he attacks he twice, probably four times. You can also land two vengeance hits, if you survive (which you should, since 115 + soul split is easily enough to take two hits).

2 Dragon Claw Specials + 1 Dragon Claw / Abyssal Whip / Godsword Hit + 2 Vengeance Hits is usually greater than Jad's 250 HP. Now all it takes is a few tries to get lucky with a) Jad getting stuck and B) getting the timing all right. It's not easy, but it's most certainly possible, and has been done before. Not the most practical but if lag is really that terrible, it's certainly an option.

And thank you PereGrin for actually being constructive and not just saying that everyone is a lazy slob because of their connection. Might try meleeing him latter when i get some spare cash.

If you pull it off, let me know :) I know how it is too, i used to play with dial up >.< Now that's laggy.........lol

pere_grin.png

If you pull it off, let me know :) I know how it is too, i used to play with dial up >.< Now that's laggy.........lol

Oh god. No kidding. I actually gave up playing RuneScape for a couple of years because between the lag and disconnects, it just got too frustrating to play. >_< Now I have DSL.

Not that I plan to make any tries for Jad anytime soon. Partly because I don't feel like it, and partly because I'm nowhere near level 93 in Slayer yet so it's not like I actually need the cape. Fighting wave after wave after wave of monsters doesn't really sound like my idea of a good time anyway. XD;

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Oh god. No kidding. I actually gave up playing RuneScape for a couple of years because between the lag and disconnects, it just got too frustrating to play. >_< Now I have DSL.

Not that I plan to make any tries for Jad anytime soon. Partly because I don't feel like it, and partly because I'm nowhere near level 93 in Slayer yet so it's not like I actually need the cape. Fighting wave after wave after wave of monsters doesn't really sound like my idea of a good time anyway. XD;

its actually not too bad. I got to jad once and died :P but it didnt take too long, only like 2 hours. that was a long time ago tho, so i could do it alot faster now cause all my skills are between 10-15 lvls higher :P

pere_grin.png

Sure, *getting* to Jad takes 2 hours (if you suck balls), but people aren't mentioning that you can actually LOG OUT whenever the hell you want to. It's really quite simple. Kill for 10 minutes, log out; kill for 20 minutes, log out; kill for 15 minutes, log out. Rinse and repeat. If you're not determined enough to play in 10 minute intervals and attempt to kill Jad at least 10 times, then you're not the player base Jagex was attempting to target with this update.

guido_49.png

Hex/Full slayer helm only effects magic accuracy and not by a really noticeable amount I tried it maging DK's and the difference was so little I would be able to get the same effect by wearing a helm with the same magic attack bonus.

I hope they fix it to atleast %5 magic damage.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Hex/Full slayer helm only effects magic accuracy and not by a really noticeable amount I tried it maging DK's and the difference was so little I would be able to get the same effect by wearing a helm with the same magic attack bonus.

I hope thats not true...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Completely true I never hit above 33 with void mace and CoG in about 30 rex kills. Never went above 37 when I was magic potting to get rid of the crashers. Which means no extra damage.

I was still getting the odd splash and hitting some low numbers too just the same as I would using veracs helm.

The difference was 5+ vs -4 and I splashed once maybe twice less per kill.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Sure, *getting* to Jad takes 2 hours (if you suck balls), but people aren't mentioning that you can actually LOG OUT whenever the hell you want to. It's really quite simple. Kill for 10 minutes, log out; kill for 20 minutes, log out; kill for 15 minutes, log out. Rinse and repeat. If you're not determined enough to play in 10 minute intervals and attempt to kill Jad at least 10 times, then you're not the player base Jagex was attempting to target with this update.

haha it took me forever cause i was ranging with broad bolts at 80 range and i stood around a few times waiting for my hp to go up. I had to do that cause I only had like 3 doses of brew left. It was my first time.

Yes, we all know you can log out. How many fire capes do you have? If you want to get technical like that, it acutally took me about 6 or 7 hours, seeing as i went to class a few times during the whole day.

Inventive insult tho, Gotta love the immaturity on these forums. Now, please go age like 10 years and stop insulting people because you apparently know everything about this game you started playing last year and do not yet have the patience to complete the fight caves at one time. Leaving and coming back does not take patience, that is more along the ADD lines. Or if you do not understand what that means, it is for the extremely impatient.

pere_grin.png

Finished jad task in 58 minutes today with full slayer helmet and extreme range pots, so please don't complain about the caves being slow. If you're actually 93 slayer you should easily be able to finish about as fast. Jad is really the only thing that could possibly be a problem, and only if you have a really sucky connection. Having mage pray on permanently and just switching to range pray when he ranges doesn't even require skill, you only have to pay attention.

2dvjurb.png

I am not sure about that. I just got one myself so i havent had an oppurtunity to try it out, but i hear of people hitting 70+ with fire surge, using staff of light and hex or full slayer helm. I gotta finish my waterfiends task first and hopefully i will get a task that lets me try it out :)

EDIT: To the post above me, I wasnt complaining about the caves being slow, i said it took me forever lol. I can do it very quickly now, but you try with only 80 range and under 80 in all other combat stats. As i said, I waited for natural health regeneration a few times cause I didnt have many doses of brew left. Used regen brace and prayer, but it still takes a while to recover like 65 hp.

pere_grin.png

I am not sure about that. I just got one myself so i havent had an oppurtunity to try it out, but i hear of people hitting 70+ with fire surge, using staff of light and hex or full slayer helm. I gotta finish my waterfiends task first and hopefully i will get a task that lets me try it out :)

Hitting 70+ where? At ice strykewyrms? Yea, that has already been said/shown many times.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Hitting 70+ where? At ice strykewyrms? Yea, that has already been said/shown many times.

Yes, at ice strykewryms. I havent looked it up yet tho. Is that high damage from the hex and staff, or is that a weakness the wyrms have to fire spells that allows you to hit that high?

pere_grin.png

Yes, at ice strykewryms. I havent looked it up yet tho. Is that high damage from the hex and staff, or is that a weakness the wyrms have to fire spells that allows you to hit that high?

It's their weakness...

EDIT: To the post above me, I wasnt complaining about the caves being slow, i said it took me forever lol. I can do it very quickly now, but you try with only 80 range and under 80 in all other combat stats. As i said, I waited for natural health regeneration a few times cause I didnt have many doses of brew left. Used regen brace and prayer, but it still takes a while to recover like 65 hp.

Yeah because most people with 93 slayer have 80 combat stats :P

2dvjurb.png

It's their weakness...

Oh, I thought weaknesses usually let you just hit more often, not harder. Guess jagex made some exceptions :P

pere_grin.png

Yeah because most people with 93 slayer have 80 combat stats :P

Lol, with only one exception that i know of (ellebreyals).

pere_grin.png

Completely true I never hit above 33 with void mace and CoG in about 30 rex kills. Never went above 37 when I was magic potting to get rid of the crashers. Which means no extra damage.

I was still getting the odd splash and hitting some low numbers too just the same as I would using veracs helm.

The difference was 5+ vs -4 and I splashed once maybe twice less per kill.

"Any chance you can answer the Hexcrest, focus and full slayer helm bonus question?

IE what are the exact bonuses they give.

The manual states nothing about it and I can't find a single answer."

The hexcrest and focus sight do the same as the black mask so the hexcrest is +mage accuracy and +mage damage vs slayer task. The focus sight is +ranged accuracy and +ranged damage vs slayer task.

Quoted from Mod Emilee.

td2sig.jpg