08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the ranged black mask better than void range for slayer tasks now? Does it harder than void?

Due to the fact that you can wear range armour with good bonuses and the mask instead of having to wear the full void set, yes it is better.

And it's 15% not 10%, and it's hours and hours less minigame req.

What should be the value of the Staff of Light and the Hexcrest/Focus Sight after the hype dies down?

in my best guess,

1 week -

Sol - 50m

hex - 10m

focus - 10m

4 week -

Sol - 20m

hex - 5m

focus - 5m

6-8 week-

1 week -

Sol - 10m -15m

hex - 3m

focus - 3m

but again i really am just making my best guess here

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

What should be the value of the Staff of Light and the Hexcrest/Focus Sight after the hype dies down?

I'd say after a couple of months, Staff will drop to 10-15M. it seems that you can reasonably obtain one or more a day.

Hexcrest/Focus will probably be around 1M each. I imagine the demand for them will be pretty low, as most people use melee to slay. Melee is the fastest and cheapest.

I expect most of the demand for hexcrest/focus to come in for people who wish to finish their slayer helm just for the sake of having a "Full" helm.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

im not surprised that the people who don't own fire capes are complaining that it isnt fair

im kinda surprised that the people who do own fire capes arent complaining that +15% ranged @ fight caves makes killing Jad too easy

usually the whining works both ways

I, personally, don't have a problem with the fire cape req. as long as you can't get a wyrm assignment without it. Now, if that slayer mistress starts giving out wyrm assignments to people (like me) without the cape, and I am unable to attack the things & have to dump the assignment, I will raise holy hell.

And a fire cape is one of those parts of the game I will not be fooling with, because of my dial-up connection (along with the Nomad cape).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Can I ask a stupid question?

What happens if you die/ otherwise loose your fire cape after you get assigned the new Ice strykerwyrms? If you die in the cave and loose your fire cape under the grave can you get back to your grave to pick it up if you dont have another one in the bank? I'm not asking because it's relevent to my situation, but just because I'm currious.

But if you can't get back to your grave to get your stuff because you don't have an extra fire cape to access the area, I could see... some unfortunate situations.

What happens if you die/ otherwise loose your fire cape after you get assigned the new Ice strykerwyrms? If you die in the cave and loose your fire cape under the grave can you get back to your grave to pick it up if you dont have another one in the bank? I'm not asking because it's relevent to my situation, but just because I'm currious.

But if you can't get back to your grave to get your stuff because you don't have an extra fire cape to access the area, I could see... some unfortunate situations.

Yes. If you lack the task, you can't "summon" the Wyms. You'll stomp and then scratch your head, puzzled. If you lack the fire cape, you can't hurt them. Neither prevents you from accessing the area.

td2sig.jpg

I saw a screenie of a guy standing next to his grave at the entrance to the cave saying "Your grave appears outside when you die". So... no loss of fire cape, fortunately.

Wow that's a pretty big update IMO. Range and mage slayer mask equivalent (and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they can be combined to offer all three bonuses on the slayer mask?) PLUS three new Slayer monsters that require a fire cape (O.O) to fight... Wow, pretty nice for all you slayer enthusiasts out there :P.

Now high level slayers have what they want... I should write up my won wishlist :lol:.

disturbeda.png

I just figured out the name is

Stryke_worms. LOL >.< I feel [developmentally delayed]ed.

I just killed 125 Desert Strykeworms, got maybe 600k loot, no Focus. :(

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I would like to add that the Ice Stykewyrms also drops the following items that's not currently mentioned.

Rune Battleaxe

Rune arrows (42)

Water talisman (1 unnoted)

Body talisman (1 unnoted)

Runite bar (1 unnoted)

Rune spear

and they drop Grimy herbs (1 noted) and (4 noted) too, not just 3.

Also, Staff of Light is not lendable.

This has a lot of discussion value in it's own. And I have different ideas to most people.

I think the staff will drop hard, then rise again to around 20 mil and stabilize. My reasoning lies behind several ideas.

1. Most 93 slayers with fire cape who obtain the staff will keep it for themselves. They are the best way to kill Ice Stykewyrms and it itself is a VERY powerful asset to any high lvl Runescapers collection.

2. I see the staff being used in pvp. It's melee effects are very nice, and although they seem unbeatable, naturally some users will die. This will filter out many staffs from the game

3. The requirements to obtain the staff are still high. Not amazingly high, but high nonetheless. They can also not be farmed in the same fashion whips and dark bows can be.

4. And finally, it's just a good staff. Inflation gives lots of people money to spend, and this appears to be one of those must have items.

These points make it seem like the staff should stabilize around 30 mil, but I don't think they will. There are too many keen slayers who would keep this price down.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

^ after reading all that....will I be able to "snipe" one off the GE if i'm lucky? i just happen to be in this situation. :---)

i really need the staff so i might be able to upgrade my yellow phat...also, does sol finally balance the CB triangle?

GE updated. I'm not sure when, but it did update. The max of the Sol in GE is now 11,011,000.

EDIT: It's a shame that the Sol isn't as lightning-fast as the SS. Of course, I may be mistaken. I only saw a video of someone using it, and it didn't look very fast.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

^ after reading all that....will I be able to "snipe" one off the GE if i'm lucky? i just happen to be in this situation. :---)

i really need the staff so i might be able to upgrade my yellow phat...also, does sol finally balance the CB triangle?

Tough question on sniping off the GE, if your lucky I reckon you could. I mean, there are people selling phats on the GE, and you'd assume those guys would at least have the knowledge of street prices. And surely the 93 + slayer community would be less knowledgeable of the street price concept. I'd give it a go, I reckon you'd get one :thumbsup:

As for cmb triangle balance, after watching a video of a guy pvping with one, I seriously believe mages with this staff > > > melee. But it hasn't been out for long so there may be something everyone has overlooked.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

A nice little update for slayers (though I still feel there are many skills on the list before slayer that needed some love *cou crafting, farming and smithing gh*). Either way it was a good update to make slaying more than just a melee skill. Though I must say I think people are way underestimating the price of the new staff. Come on a staff that can only be dropped when assigned the slayer task, req level to get is 93 and that good of stats and special. This thing is going to be VERY expensive. I mean come on the dragon pickaxe is still over 10 million and look at all the GWD items that are still as expensive as they are. And all these items can be achieved at your own leisure. I have a feeling (unless these things drop left and right) we are going to see this thing rise and rise for quite awhile.

All skills 80+

After reading a bit here and chatting with some friends, I can guess (don't take my word for it, it's just a guess) that the staff isn't a rare drop from the Icy Wyrms.

Sure, you still need 93 Slayer, a Fire cape, and to be assigned them, but other than that, I'm thinking after 5 Ice Wyrm tasks you should be getting atleast 1 staff.

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

80icestykewyrm.jpg

from 80 kills, the 2 staffs came from within 8 kills.

And i herd they r weak to fire

hit74.jpg

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/