3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I'm confused - did the offer go through while your offer was hourglassed, or did it go through and then the price changed before you screenied?

Went through whilst hourglassed- I'm 98 percent sure. Unless I missed one or two updates where it wasn't, there's no way.

If what I believe to have happened is actually true, I think elys and divs are too good of a bargaining chip for phats atm.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused - did the offer go through while your offer was hourglassed, or did it go through and then the price changed before you screenied?

Went through whilst hourglassed- I'm 98 percent sure. Unless I missed one or two updates where it wasn't, there's no way.

If what I believe to have happened to be true, I think elys and divs are too good of a bargaining chip for phats atm.

So are you implying that we should get offers in after updates, or just keep offers in that we may already have in, hoping that they are in long enough to have priority?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed a part of your post. So essentially you're saying "Best of luck on that one random 50m+ update, because that's the only chance you'll get in ~3 months." Right?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Bladewing: I haven't been playing much. But my offer has been hourglassed every time that I've checked it for the past few weeks (which was once every 1-3 days). I do have the Runescape toolbar installed, and I am using a browser everyday for sure, and as soon as I saw it was completed I hopped on. Div has not been fluctuating 150k (the difference from my offer to the current max then) a day, more like 100 gp some days other days 10k etc.

So I'm basically saying if you get an offer in as soon as you can after a manual update, cross your fingers and leave it in until the next manual update. You need to have your offer at least above the current mid.

But with this information out there and if it is true (which I'm more than convinced it is) it might get highly competitive to snipe elys and divs as people will leave their hourglassed offers in.

EDIT: Proof enough for me but I can't really prove to you guys I got my sigil last GE update: The price fluctuations are actually due to holy elixir + spirit shields I believe. Check their graphs out. There's no way my offer could have fallen back into the range.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

According to the Grand Exchange page, Divine sigils last updated May 14th. Does this mean we should expect another update fairly soon?

Yes it looks about due. I put my offer in around July I believe. So really, it doesn't matter when you put it in except to be next in line. But I just highly stress doing so cause if divine updated like 4 days ago and the new mid was above my offer, I would of wasted my time. That's why I stressed that.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

According to the Grand Exchange page, Divine sigils last updated May 14th. Does this mean we should expect another update fairly soon?

Yes it looks about due. I put my offer in around July I believe. So really, it doesn't matter when you put it in except to be next in line. But I just highly stress doing so cause if divine updated like 4 days ago and the new mid was above my offer, I would of wasted my time. That's why I stressed that.

Ohhh okay, that helps a lot. I was worried about the whole concept of "camping every GE update hoping to nail the +50m update to get a Divine offer in before the thousands of others doing the exact thing." But if you waited over a month then put offer in, and still got it....That saves me a lot of worry. I'll be sure to try this. Thanks very much.

Ohhh okay, that helps a lot. I was worried about the whole concept of "camping every GE update hoping to nail the +50m update to get a Divine offer in before the thousands of others doing the exact thing." But if you waited over a month then put offer in, and still got it....That saves me a lot of worry. I'll be sure to try this. Thanks very much.

Yeah no problem, but it might be very competitive now if people believe me about the hourglass thing.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Yeah no problem, but it might be very competitive now if people believe me about the hourglass thing.

That's where the non believers lose. :]!

Didn't that happen to Master_Smither? He just kept his update in, even when hourglassed.

And I've been excepting divine to update for the past 2 weeks TBH.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

A while ago I posted asking why yellows had swapped back with greens in price. But now, they seem to have dropped below purples too, and are now the lowest partyhat. Does anybody know the reasons why?

It seems they were about even until purple recently went up around 4m.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

A while ago I posted asking why yellows had swapped back with greens in price. But now, they seem to have dropped below purples too, and are now the lowest partyhat. Does anybody know the reasons why?

It seems they were about even until purple recently went up around 4m.

Just a note: The market price DOES NOT dictate what people are buying partyhats for. The street price (which is an artifically set up price made by players)

is what people use to trade partyhats. Purple may be higher than yellow on market but are less expensive on street because yellow is still

perceived as higher value.

Partyhats tend to swap positions constantly (especially the lower 3) because the Grand Exchange updates prices corresponding with how

often they are traded/sold. If i remember, green was the cheapest phat on market somewhere around late August.

Alright, so I have a Red H'ween collecting dust in my bank, got it during the lower rares crash. I'm not sure what to do with it. What's the next step for upgrading? I'm not familiar on edibles/disk prices, but it seems like upwards from Red H'ween's, there's a pretty large gap up to partyhats.

Anyone have opinions/input as to what options I'm open to, and also edibles/disk prices?

In the end, I'll want a Divine and Green Partyhat.

I'll be corping my life away for a Divine, but that's not a problem...I'm more interested in the path I'll need to take to put my Red H'ween towards a Green Partyhat.

Alright, so I have a Red H'ween collecting dust in my bank, got it during the lower rares crash. I'm not sure what to do with it. What's the next step for upgrading? I'm not familiar on edibles/disk prices, but it seems like upwards from Red H'ween's, there's a pretty large gap up to partyhats.

Anyone have opinions/input as to what options I'm open to, and also edibles/disk prices?

I'll be corping my life away for a Divine, but that's not a problem...I'm more interested in the path I'll need to take to put my Red H'ween towards a Green Partyhat.

You're better off without the mask imo (because you can still use the cash to snipe one off the ge). Also, corping is the way to go for

getting a partyhat since divines are closing in on green. I've seen several divine + fury kit and a couple of risings for a green partyhat.

Since you're corping anyways, I would concentrate on that and pray to god you'll find yourself with a divine sigil :)

You're better off without the mask imo (because you can still use the cash to snipe one off the ge). Also, corping is the way to go for

getting a partyhat since divines are closing in on green. I've seen several divine + fury kit and a couple of risings for a green partyhat.

Since you're corping anyways, I would concentrate on that and pray to god you'll find yourself with a divine sigil :)

Well, I got it a bit too early (165m), and it crashed as low as 132m. Currently at 145m, so I've got a bit to wait until I can sell it off (if that's best). What would be the appropriate asking price for a Red H'ween nowadays, without junk?

A few spots you had times a bit off.

He got his offer in about ~2 months after update. Which is still incredibly shocking. There must have been a lot of people to taking out their offers when they seen they had become hourglassed....

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by,

"Assuming that cs'd drops just go to the highest offer in ge (which is what I'm starting to believe), hourglassed or not, thats only 30 days worth of people who kept their offer in the whole time that needed to get theirs before he got his."

I'm not sure where you get the 30 days from.

"Assuming that cs'd drops just go to the highest offer in ge (which is what I'm starting to believe), hourglassed or not, thats only 30 days worth of people who kept their offer in the whole time that needed to get theirs before he got his."

Assuming divine sigil went to the highest GE offer: when elixirs went up 30 days after he put his offer in, sigils fell. So every offer from then on even if they offered max in ge wouldn't go over the price that he had offered for his. Which gave priority to the offers that came before sigil went down, which wasn't too far from when he put his offer in

Assuming divine sigil went to the highest GE offer: when elixirs went up 30 days after he put his offer in, sigils fell. So every offer from then on even if they offered max in ge wouldn't go over the price that he had offered for his. Which gave priority to the offers that came before sigil went down, which wasn't too far from when he put his offer in

Ohhhhhh I gotcha now. Essentially what you're saying is that, since he got his offer in later than everyone at the update, his offer was higher than everyone elses on the sigil, because of elixer's going down.

What you're saying is, it's best to put offers in while elixer's are at their lowest points, to insure the highest sigil price, and therefore a higher priority because of the higher offer.

So, basically, if you've got a well timed divine sigil offer in, you'd be well served to buy out elixir/spirit shield, as the higher the price of those items gets, the safer your offer should be...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.