3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Half wines are still very, very valuable. As far as why people still want easters and disks: Easters are poison right now, no one wants to be stuck with one. Disks have street, but very little, they can often be seen traded for H'ween masks. Most merchants don't buy rares to "show off" like a normal player, they buy them because they have a constant supply, a constant low supply at that, it's the perfect investment. The same reason why a real life investor invests in bars of gold. He's not going to make all that gold into jewelry and show it off, he's going to keep it locked away in a bank because gold has a constant, limited supply, it's a great investment.

Gold doesn't exactly have a constant limited supply. Though there is a finite amount of gold on Earth, it has not all been mined and so the price still fluctuates in relation to the speed that new gold enters the system. Just saying, it's not the best real world example because as far as investment goes, the price of gold changes for different reasons the the price of Runescape rares does.

A better example might be the stamp collector who gets his hands on rare, out-of-print stamps with the intention of trading them or just to have them for personal reasons.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]bottoms.png

Guess I should have seen it coming: GP / FoG token table

Robe bottoms are about 2x the price of the next highest gp/token rewards, and the tops are about 1.5x. Personally I'm trying to move my tops before they crash too. Not sure what I'll do with hoods seeing as they're right around the 1000 gp/token ratio of the other rewards.

Guess I thought the buyout was stronger than it actually was.

This does not bode well for my current offer for yellow/divine :|[/hide]

general street value of these items? And could I get a fury kit for em

that is a d plate kit(or)

0items.jpg

You may be able to get a fury kit with just the zamorak bow. Fury kit, saradomin and zamorak bow have about the same street price.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

[hide]bottoms.png

Robe bottoms are about 2x the price of the next highest gp/token rewards, and the tops are about 1.5x. Personally I'm trying to move my tops before they crash too. Not sure what I'll do with hoods seeing as they're right around the 1000 gp/token ratio of the other rewards.

Wait. What exactly happened?

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

[hide]bottoms.png

Wait. What exactly happened?

FOG got too profitable, you get 10-15 tokens a game, and with tokens valued at how much they are for buying robebottoms and selling them in the GE (2.6k, iirc,) too many people started doing FOG to harvest tokens to buy robe bottoms, more robe bottoms entered the market, the street price decreased, and then they crashed, so you can't even sell them in ge.

That's what happened.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Whats happening to santas atm?

Im quitting/retireing for a while, untill school finishes or maybe longer.

I baught a santa as an INVESTMENT,

Will i make a [cabbage]load by the time i come back in 6+ months?

i know none of you know what will happen, but do you think its a good investment?

Its bound to rise... right...... RIGHT?

bllllonz.png

Whats happening to santas atm?

Im quitting/retireing for a while, untill school finishes or maybe longer.

I baught a santa as an INVESTMENT,

Will i make a [cabbage]load by the time i come back in 6+ months?

i know none of you know what will happen, but do you think its a good investment?

Its bound to rise... right...... RIGHT?

Most likely yes. The large dip is in the past and over time it will rise like all rares do. The only exception for this is when the market inflates to much and the santa becomes 'to cheap' ergo 'can be played with by merchanters.'

There is a slight risk it will go down and thus not rise. But over the period of 6+ months, it will rise and be the invested amount of more for sure.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Elysian has updated recently, and is now VERY close to divine in GE. Wonder what that will do to its street. Normally a major rise in GE=loss of street.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Elysian has updated recently, and is now VERY close to divine in GE. Wonder what that will do to its street. Normally a major rise in GE=loss of street.

That coupled with the recent corp glitch could possibly even spell a temporarily GE dump.

Half wines are still very, very valuable. As far as why people still want easters and disks: Easters are poison right now, no one wants to be stuck with one. Disks have street, but very little, they can often be seen traded for H'ween masks. Most merchants don't buy rares to "show off" like a normal player, they buy them because they have a constant supply, a constant low supply at that, it's the perfect investment. The same reason why a real life investor invests in bars of gold. He's not going to make all that gold into jewelry and show it off, he's going to keep it locked away in a bank because gold has a constant, limited supply, it's a great investment.

Gold doesn't exactly have a constant limited supply. Though there is a finite amount of gold on Earth, it has not all been mined and so the price still fluctuates in relation to the speed that new gold enters the system. Just saying, it's not the best real world example because as far as investment goes, the price of gold changes for different reasons the the price of Runescape rares does.

A better example might be the stamp collector who gets his hands on rare, out-of-print stamps with the intention of trading them or just to have them for personal reasons.

funny my impression is that merchants buy them to rwt lol

Another corp glitch? What is it this time, able to solo very easily again?

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

What are battle robes at?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Seems that the street price of blue phat is dropping steadily. Plenty of threads of blue phat sellers with an A/W of 2 whites, yet no one wants to buy.

So would now be a good time to consolidate my White and something else into a Blue? I have the 4 hats in my sig plus a Disk and Divine.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Seems that the street price of blue phat is dropping steadily. Plenty of threads of blue phat sellers with an A/W of 2 whites, yet no one wants to buy.

So would now be a good time to consolidate my White and something else into a Blue? I have the 4 hats in my sig plus a Disk and Divine.

I thought I saw an offer blue for 2 whites, but no one was biting.

Stonewall337.png

Ok it took a few months, but I got it.

divine.png

If anyone remembers, I posted a few times as to whether or not it matters if your offer falls outside the range for a coinshared item, specifically, the sigils. They fluctuate everyday because they're linked to spirit shields. But they go up 50mish every 3 months due to Jagex's manual rises.

Conclusion: It absolutely doesn't matter if you camp for ge updates for these specific items as you can see (as long as you're above the current mid).

In other words, get yer offers as soon as ely or div itself manually updates.

I don't care that this info is out there now, it kinda was before, but this is solid proof now.

Also

I traded for this. Don't know or care if this was a terrible deal, but I'm happy:

25120165.png

untitled8copyiu7.gif