3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I think some people still confuse what street value means- 6b doesn't mean that if the hat was worth 6b in the ge(which, i might add, would be impossible) it would get equal action on both sides, rather that if the hat were sold with normal/nonmanipulated junk, it would be sold for around 6b in trade(which, i might add, is also impossible), but as junk also has a value(ranging from 0.1-0.95 of it's trade value), the seller isn't getting 6b, but rather only around 1.2-1.7b, which is where the price would be with free trade. In any case, the higher partyhats, and partyhats in general, are not usually sold with junk as it is extremely hard to accumulate such amounts without manipulation, and the restrictions of maximum gp(as there aren't any great gp holding items).

What I don't understand is, WHY don't people use spirit shards as a means of holding their wealth?

They have a fixed price, and can be sold to an NPC for this price. That way if you ever need any cash, just sell a few million spirit shards and you're set.

I mean, this won't help the 2B limitation on person-to-person trading, but at least it will shut up the people who "don't have a way of keeping money over 2.1b"

It's easier to put a max offer for 1.9b worth of unbuyable items or hold your money in rares. Also, not all people know about the spirit shards being sellable back and forth, but i guess they would still take considerable time to sell.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6b Blue? Makes me want to blow my brains out. That's a ridiculous price and now merchants are just pulling this crap out of their ass.

Merchants selling to merchants :)

Someone needs to know how supply and demand works. Are your surprised that a Van Gogh sold for 82.5m? Rarity, desirability, power as a status symbol, and power as an investment all factor into an items street price.

I should also point out that street price isn't directly equal to GE price. EG: Blue may be 6b street, but not only CAN'T you trade it for 6b, but no one WOULD trade 6b cash for it. An item loses more street value then it gains in GE when it rises. EG: Divine at 400m GE is worth WAY more (street) then divine at 600m in GE.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

What I don't understand is, WHY don't people use spirit shards as a means of holding their wealth?

They have a fixed price, and can be sold to an NPC for this price. That way if you ever need any cash, just sell a few million spirit shards and you're set.

I believe you can only sell 50k spirit shards at a time. For someone with 2B in spirit shards (approximately one max cash pile) it would require 1600 transactions to sell the 80,000,000 shards (at 25 gp each). That takes a LONG time to do. That's why many uber rich players either invest in rare/expensive items or sacrifice a GE slot to store their extra money (with 6 GE slots, 1 bank space, and your inventory you could potentially have 8 max cash piles or 17,179,869,176 gp).

That would actually take about an hour numismaster.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I believe you can only sell 50k spirit shards at a time. For someone with 2B in spirit shards (approximately one max cash pile) it would require 1600 transactions to sell the 80,000,000 shards (at 25 gp each). That takes a LONG time to do. That's why many uber rich players either invest in rare/expensive items or sacrifice a GE slot to store their extra money (with 6 GE slots, 1 bank space, and your inventory you could potentially have 8 max cash piles or 17,179,869,176 gp).

8RN3U.png

What is still going 50/50? As far as I've seen its easters and santas

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

3A Melee is now going back up.

Stupid children should've listened to me when you had the chance to get it for under max.

Good luck.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

"stupid children"

3a melee has been bought out for like a week or two.

you're the one selling your white to free up cash, when selling white would actually tie up cash since you'd be getting two partyhats in a trade lol.

I'm almost positive that neither of those are even close to 50/50.

Lower end tt masks would be your best bet

W2 GE the last few mornings said otherwise to me

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I'm almost positive that neither of those are even close to 50/50.

Lower end tt masks would be your best bet

W2 GE the last few mornings said otherwise to me

Looks like santas are going for about 99.7m in ge, and takes about 20 mins to buy. Not really sure what this means, cause i am pretty far away from the GE at this point.

pere_grin.png

Can also store gp using MTK can't you?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Only 7,500,000gp at a time, and every day you loose 75,000 and quadruple your money, in items. Not a great place to store money, really just for a daily 150k or so.

Sumondskull6.png

Only 7,500,000gp at a time, and every day you loose 75,000 and quadruple your money, in items. Not a great place to store money, really just for a daily 150k or so.

Thought it was higher than that for some reason, kind of strange they would even put a limit on it though.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Thought it was higher than that for some reason, kind of strange they would even put a limit on it though.

That's the whole reason for the limit, so people can't store a second cash-pile ;p

Sumondskull6.png

I call BS.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

It hasn't. Check forums and w2.

Stonewall337.png

Divine and Ely crashed

Divine 800m Street, and I hear Ely can be bought in GE for max

ROFL.

bluephat2.png

Before Divine crashed.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.