3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pumpkin - 500m

And I was thinking about buying a few pumpkins when they were 5m back a few years ago... Damn :wall:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Easter crashes = Phats go sky high

When do you guys think Divine will be buyable on the GE?

Probably when Jagex decides to increase the frequency of the price updates for Divine.

A good example would be 3A armour 2 years back, when they were only updated once in a while. When Jagex finally increased the frequency of price updates, 3a armour was finally able to reach the point where demand met supply.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Not too far....I find it hard to belive that any item carries such demands above 500m. cause thats a heck of a lot of money.

Not too far....I find it hard to belive that any item carries such demands above 500m. cause thats a heck of a lot of money.

Well, considering the rarity of the item, its actually not THATTT bad.

I mean, most people who want it are close to maxed who can make millions an hour monster hunting, not including things like merching. And could potentially get 500mill+ in around ~100 hours (which isnt that much considering some 99's take over 200+ hours)

Now considering its a very rare drop from the strongest monster in the game...

O.O

Once you get it for the first time, it doesn't seem like that much.

However: Once divine sits are 800m or so in GE for a while, it will probably near being buyable. As it goes up, it will become faster and faster between updates, as more people just sell max on GE instead of junking off or swapping for phats.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Just got a White Unicorn Mask from a clue. It's a few mil in the GE, but before I do anything is there any street value I'd be missing out on??

You are lucky if you can get rid of it for min ge...

So what could I hope to get for my elysian right now? Desperately wanted it before, and now that I have it, it's not so great and I think I might sell it...no junk to sell with and not really interested in rares, probably just going to sell max GE...

Gigatiran.png

It's little over a pump right now, probably around fury kit + pump

I would keep it, you barely play anymore and its a free 25m handed every 2 months, so there really is no harm in it. Would be a shame for it to just get passed off to the next mercher who camped for offer

fml. when clues came out pumpkins finaly reached street price....i got a mask from a clue and was offered a pumpkin for a mask, but i saw they were selling in ge and turned it down. now theyre 750m just great

btw i heared blue is like 10b, surely thats not true

a_final_name.png

6b Blue? Makes me want to blow my brains out. That's a ridiculous price and now merchants are just pulling this crap out of their ass.

Merchants selling to merchants :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So what could I hope to get for my elysian right now? Desperately wanted it before, and now that I have it, it's not so great and I think I might sell it...no junk to sell with and not really interested in rares, probably just going to sell max GE...

You could sell to me for trade value and get the warm fuzzy feeling of really helping someone out who's been working their ass off for it. :P.

09144a99bb.png

I think some people still confuse what street value means- 6b doesn't mean that if the hat was worth 6b in the ge(which, i might add, would be impossible) it would get equal action on both sides, rather that if the hat were sold with normal/nonmanipulated junk, it would be sold for around 6b in trade(which, i might add, is also impossible), but as junk also has a value(ranging from 0.1-0.95 of it's trade value), the seller isn't getting 6b, but rather only around 1.2-1.7b, which is where the price would be with free trade. In any case, the higher partyhats, and partyhats in general, are not usually sold with junk as it is extremely hard to accumulate such amounts without manipulation, and the restrictions of maximum gp(as there aren't any great gp holding items).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think some people still confuse what street value means- 6b doesn't mean that if the hat was worth 6b in the ge(which, i might add, would be impossible) it would get equal action on both sides, rather that if the hat were sold with normal/nonmanipulated junk, it would be sold for around 6b in trade(which, i might add, is also impossible), but as junk also has a value(ranging from 0.1-0.95 of it's trade value), the seller isn't getting 6b, but rather only around 1.2-1.7b, which is where the price would be with free trade. In any case, the higher partyhats, and partyhats in general, are not usually sold with junk as it is extremely hard to accumulate such amounts without manipulation, and the restrictions of maximum gp(as there aren't any great gp holding items).

What I don't understand is, WHY don't people use spirit shards as a means of holding their wealth?

They have a fixed price, and can be sold to an NPC for this price. That way if you ever need any cash, just sell a few million spirit shards and you're set.

I mean, this won't help the 2B limitation on person-to-person trading, but at least it will shut up the people who "don't have a way of keeping money over 2.1b"

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

6b Blue? Makes me want to blow my brains out. That's a ridiculous price and now merchants are just pulling this crap out of their ass.

They can pull whatever they like. I don't think it's right either, but apparently it's what the market will bear so you really can't fault them for wanting to get as much as they can.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...