3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

OK, I have a friend (he quit years ago and no he's not selling his acc so don't bother :P) who has one of every phat and a cracker, as well as 2 of all the other rares. He played back when they were given out and just kept them cos he wanted to. What I'm wondering is, what is that worth? :P

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. If he wants to spend a good amount of hours to get any actual monetary value out of them, he will never need money again. However, if he doesn't have much time, they are basically worthless. Getting actual money out of the rares nowadays takes a lot of work.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It depends. If he wants to spend a good amount of hours to get any actual monetary value out of them, he will never need money again. However, if he doesn't have much time, they are basically worthless. Getting actual money out of the rares nowadays takes a lot of work.

Ah good point, forgotten about junk... bloody ge haha :P What if he had all the junk he needed to sell it with?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Ah good point, forgotten about junk... bloody ge haha :P What if he had all the junk he needed to sell it with?

Sorry for the vague answer, but those party hats and that cracker would be worth billions and billions. It's pretty amazing.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Alot... Cracker is insanely expensive on the street, all the partyhats and other rares aswell.... I think we have a multi-billionare :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Blue Phat - 8b

White Phat - 4.5b

Red Phat - 3b

Yellow Phat - 2.5b

Green Phat - 2b

Purple Phat - 1.5b

Pumpkin : 550m or

Easter - 150m

Disk of Returning - 350m to 400m

Half Wine - 10b+

Cracker - 20b+

Rough estimates...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

That's not strictly true. He could sell them on the GE and still have more than the max cash limit.

Blue Phat - 8b

White Phat - 4.5b

Red Phat - 3b

Yellow Phat - 2.5b wrong

Green Phat - 2b wrong

Purple Phat - 1.5b

Pumpkin : 550m or

Easter - 150m wrong

Disk of Returning - 350m to 400m

Half Wine - 10b+

Cracker - 20b+

Rough estimates...

IGNORE THIS!

Here are the true street prices.:

Disk: 400M

Pump: 600M

Green H'ween: No value.

Blue H'ween: No value.

Red H'ween: No value.

Santa hat: No value.

Easter egg: No value.

Elysian: 900M-1B - Disk

Divine: 1.9B - Purple + x/ Yellow + x junk/ 3 pumps + x

Purple: 1.3-1.4B - 2 pumps + disk/ 4 disks

Yellow: 1.8B - Divine + disk/ Purple + Pump.

Green: 2.2-2.4B - Divine + pump + kit/ Yellow + Pump + x/

2 purples + x junk.

Red: 2.8-3B - Purple + Yellow + x/ 2 Divines + x/ Green +

Purple + x junk

White: 4.5B - 2 Greens + x junk/ Red + Purple + x

Blue: 7-8B - White + Red.

Fury kit: 100M++

Druidic top: Purple < x < Green+

Druicic cloak: Green < x < Red?

druidic wreath: Green < x < Red?

Druidic bottoms: ???

Druidic staff: ???

Cracker: Wine + x phats

Wine: x phats

Cliff, actually, you are wrong. He said those are rough estimates and you didn't even correct him all that much. The prices are also VERY fluid.

In any case, giving a numerical value of above 2.14b to an item has no actual meaning, so it's worthless to post something of the kind. It's much easier to post the worth of an item in other items within the trade limit.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

In GE price:

Craker = 710M

Phat Set = 3650M

2 Mask Sets = 475M

2 Santas = 204M

2 Disks = 213M

2 Eggs = 225M

2 Pumpkins = 250M

Total GE price for them = 5727M

So yeah, even if he sells them all for GE price, then he'll never have to worry about GP again (unless he wants the buy back rares). My suggestion to him would be to sell off the lowest rares first (santas, then masks, then edibles) and NEVER sell the Phat set. They're far too valuable to get the proper 'street price' unless you're the owner of a manipulation clan with billions in crashing junk. Even without selling the Phats / Cracker he'll still be able to get 1.3B which is more then enough to get anything he wants within reason.

Cliff, actually, you are wrong. He said those are rough estimates and you didn't even correct him all that much. The prices are also VERY fluid.

In any case, giving a numerical value of above 2.14b to an item has no actual meaning, so it's worthless to post something of the kind. It's much easier to post the worth of an item in other items within the trade limit.

:rolleyes:

Actually, it's not worthless to post any numerical value above 2.14B. That simply indicates the value of that item IF it was tradable for cash.

Greens are worth 2.3B, but if I wanted something better I would add another green (given that another 2.3B is added) which will equal 4.6B.

That's enough to buy a white partyhat which is worth 4.5B. If you take that time to do the math, you will see why

my last post exceeded the maximum cash limit. Or perhaps you don't even know how the market works.

@ Johannas: Yellow < Green. (They're more than a pumpkin off...lol)

and easters aren't rising. They are dipping a little below 100m...definitely not worth 150.

:rolleyes:

Actually, it's not worthless to post any numerical value above 2.14B. That simply indicates the value of that item IF it was tradable for cash.

Greens are worth 2.3B, but if I wanted something better I would add another green (given that another 2.3B is added) which will equal 4.6B.

That's enough to buy a white partyhat which is worth 4.5B. If you take that time to do the math, you will see why

my last post exceeded the maximum cash limit. Or perhaps you don't even know how the market works.

@ Johannas: yellow < Green. (They're more than a pumpkin off...lol)

and easters aren't rising. They are dipping a little below 100m...definitely not worth 150.

I agree with Cliff, it's much easier to comprehend. For example...a White. "~4.5B" is much more straightforward than "2 Greens + X junk/Red + Purple + X."

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I've had a red mask sitting in my bank for like a year now, any advice on what to do with it?

I have a Red H'ween aswell. Best advice I can give...let it sit in your bank for another year lol. Nothing really special with them atm. Buyable on GE for max after updates (about once a week), then they get a tiny bit of street, until the next update, where they go back to buyable in GE.

Wouldn't it be better to sell it and merch with the money?

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Elysian updated again and RSOF is spoiled with Ely-sellers. Guess they'll be tradeable soon, but I'll keep mine anyway, they're just ownage shields! <3

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

Unfortunately, math dictates that for that logic to work, the ge prices of those respectable items must be zero, which it more than likely isn't. Math is fun, ey?

Maybe i don't know how the market works, or maybe i just know better how it works. Judging by the fact that i have multiple hats, the latter seems more possible. In any case, the reasons i don't approve street prices over the trade limit are simple: firstly, they don't have any real meaning(and can't be used as you thought they could anyway) and secondly, as those items aren't sold with junk anyway, it's useless to give their price with junk, Just like it would be confusing to walk into a department store in the states and find the prices in Estonian Crowns or Euros. Having the higher hat prices at something like 1.7 white = blue would make much more sense, as it reflects much better on reality(blues are usually sold for white+x).

Unfortunately, math dictates that for that logic to work, the ge prices of those respectable items must be zero, which it more than likely isn't. Math is fun, ey?

Maybe i don't know how the market works, or maybe i just know better how it works. Judging by the fact that i have multiple hats, the latter seems more possible. In any case, the reasons i don't approve street prices over the trade limit are simple: firstly, they don't have any real meaning(and can't be used as you thought they could anyway) and secondly, as those items aren't sold with junk anyway, it's useless to give their price with junk, Just like it would be confusing to walk into a department store in the states and find the prices in Estonian Crowns or Euros. Having the higher hat prices at something like 1.7 white = blue would make much more sense, as it reflects much better on reality(blues are usually sold for white+x).

Even when you are 100% right, it can be nice not being so arrogant about it (mostly referring to some other topics). Here, however, I don't even agree with you. You have some points, but seriously, if a white is 5B and a blue 8, then you know instantly blue = 8/5 x white. The only other alternative I see to list prices would be in something like pumpkins, as in fairtraders.net's street price calculator. Everything else would be confusing.

ps: don't take the "arrogant comment" personally, I have nothing against you but I've got a feeling you are getting pertty arrogant lately towards other people when they are wrong. I sometimes have this tendency too , but don't forget not everyone can be as "pro" as you, or they need time to get there :-)

Even when you are 100% right, it can be nice not being so arrogant about it (mostly referring to some other topics). Here, however, I don't even agree with you. You have some points, but seriously, if a white is 5B and a blue 8, then you know instantly blue = 8/5 x white. The only other alternative I see to list prices would be in something like pumpkins, as in fairtraders.net's street price calculator. Everything else would be confusing.

Actually, because 1,6 whites have a higher ge price than one blue, the direct fraction isn't mostly right(it's only right when the ge price of the trade is equal), thus why he really isn't right.

By the way, i never take things personally. My level of arrogance depends largely on the opposition.

Elysian updated again and RSOF is spoiled with Ely-sellers. Guess they'll be tradeable soon, but I'll keep mine anyway, they're just ownage shields! <3

Or you could sell to someone who's been busting his ass living at TDs for one. :P. In return you'd get a warm fuzzy feeling. Lol.

09144a99bb.png

elysian.jpg

Unless anyone on the forums is feeling very very generous. Lol. :P. Or should I try sigil?

I don't get it, according to your signature, you already have 1?

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8708/elysian.jpg

Unless anyone on the forums is feeling very very generous. Lol. :P. Or should I try sigil?

I don't get it, according to your signature, you already have 1?

I got that on Doctor Zany (Screenies are earlier in this thread). I've since quit playing that account.

09144a99bb.png

RSOF prices on ely are now around 850-950M, so street has definitely dropped. probably after the next GE update it might even make sense to sell ely at max if you own one, since that 30M profit might even be the only you'll get after it crashes...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Honestly the whole concept is pathetic. It was created by a bunch of greedy people who weren't satisfied that free trade got removed, so they do this to gain their profits. Completely pathetic.

Honestly the whole concept is pathetic. It was created by a bunch of greedy people who weren't satisfied that free trade got removed, so they do this to gain their profits. Completely pathetic.

No, it was created by jagex. It is undeniable that the current way ge works doesn't allow for satisfactory price changes, thus causing this concept. I can hardly call coping with a broken system greedy. In any case, i don't think this topic is about discussing this very subject.

1. you are wrong

2. says the person who, if he could wish anything back, would choose the return of 76king. LOL:

76king. Best update/idea Jagex ever had.... Then they ruined it.

source