3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Honestly the whole concept is pathetic. It was created by a bunch of greedy people who weren't satisfied that free trade got removed, so they do this to gain their profits. Completely pathetic.

I would agree with you, but you cannot deny that they almost all died at different times.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the whole concept is pathetic. It was created by a bunch of greedy people who weren't satisfied that free trade got removed, so they do this to gain their profits. Completely pathetic.

I would agree with you, but you cannot deny that they almost all died at different times.

Lol here we go.

On topic, before you go all conspiracy theory on us, i suggest you do a little more research on the current market before you come up with your conclusions.

jpegsigtest.jpg

No, it was created by jagex. It is undeniable that the current way ge works doesn't allow for satisfactory price changes, thus causing this concept. I can hardly call coping with a broken system greedy. In any case, i don't think this topic is about discussing this very subject.

Yes, it's the fault of an imperfect system, but you must admit that there are many people who take advantage of these technical limitations (knowingly or unknowingly). Manipulation clans, hoarders, and generally selfish people are all rampant in this game all doing their part to work the GE to serve their purposes. Sure, I have no problem with merchanting (buying an item with speculation that it will rise naturally or due to updates etc) or flipping (merchanting stable items based on the natural hour-to-hour fluctuations), but intentionally manipulating the markets by either buyouts (manipulation clans) or intentionally withholding items from the market (MH that instruct members to not sell drops) is just agaisnt the spirit of the game and just plain mean. There's a bank vid of a rich player on a TIF thread (forget which thread) who has 3 Ely's. In the vid he states that he doesn't plan on merching / selling anything in his bank, so that must mean that he fully intends to keep all 3 Ely's stored away in his bank only to gather dust. What is the use of keeping 3 rare (but not discontinued) items in your bank? Wouldn't you want to share the awesome power of the Ely with others? Even if it's just a sale to a friend, you're still releasing the items 'into the game' which helps to bring prices to a more natural price.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-street price. What I am saying is that people are selfish and tend to manipulate the street prices far longer then they naturally would last.

I don't see how ones holding a few ely's is "bad". They are his to do with as he likes (within the ToS). I have a friend with a phat set, but he wouldn't sell me one. He just likes how they look in his bank.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Your example of 3 elys really makes me chuckle. Actually, it really shows that the top merchants are great at hiding their stock. Divines were bought out. There are people with ~20+ divines in their banks. What other people decide to be their goals is their own business, not ours. The fact that you don't understand or gasp someone elses goals(like, for instance, having 100B) is not merchanters problem. Jagex solely created this hostile economic environment, no need to blame the players(even manipulation is a legit way of coping).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

What I am saying is that people are selfish and tend to manipulate the street prices far longer then they naturally would last.

Well maybe if:

- Divines and elysians didn't take 2-3 months to update

- Partyhats updated more than 3% per month

- And crackers just... updated

Then these street prices wouldn't last so long?

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

This topic is not about solutions of rares, or the way the market works. Deal with it.

On Topic; What's a half jug worth? I've pretty much never seen them traded, at all.

I'm pretty sure I saw a half jug go for a blue + red recently.

Not entirely sure though, i'll go check the rares section on RSOF

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Yeah it's impossible to predict when a new Elysian will hit the market. I mean the corp beast that dropped them almost all died at different times.

If you could refrain from killing that joke before more then 10 people know about it, I'd appreciate it. kthxbai

Sumondskull6.png

Yeah it's impossible to predict when a new Elysian will hit the market. I mean the corp beast that dropped them almost all died at different times.

If you could refrain from killing that joke before more then 10 people know about it, I'd appreciate it. kthxbai

The people that know will almost all die at different times, so its moot.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Slightly off topic but:

Would implimenting a situation whereby any item that had much greater number of offers in than were traded in every update (for example, if 10 blue phats were sold but there were offers in for 1000) then the price boundries would increase by (again for example) 1% a month? Would this allow items to reach their "correct" price more quickly and easily?

I ask here because I think that the interest displayed in this thread shows that you guys are the most qualified to answer.

Edit: To clarify, I wouldn't want the GE price to change, just the min/max.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

This topic is not about solutions of rares, or the way the market works. Deal with it.

On Topic; What's a half jug worth? I've pretty much never seen them traded, at all.

I'm pretty sure I saw a half jug go for a blue + red recently.

Not entirely sure though, i'll go check the rares section on RSOF

A bit under that. Seen a few people offer blue + yellow, and had it considered. I'm estimating blue + yellow + pump/disk, maybe blue + green for a high offer?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

elysianc.jpg

Odds are good. =). At night I can get Fury kits for 100 - 110M a piece while GE is dead. Looking mighty good. :D.

Edit:

Seeing people do kits + junk + cash for Ely. :D.

So elys are dead....1 overinflated shield down, Divine left to go..

It all depends on the junk - large items can be taken care of easily, but a stack of 50m potions, etc is almost impossible to dump. For some reason people are more willing to buy some junk then other types.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I was toying with the idea of upgrading my Yellow for White the other day. I spent 15 minutes reading the RSOF -- trying to understand what it was worth in trade to obtain a White for Yellow. :unsure:

After that, I gave it up as incomprehensible ... :blink:

nyuseg.png

I was toying with the idea of upgrading my Yellow for White the other day. I spent 15 minutes reading the RSOF -- trying to understand what it was worth in trade to obtain a White for Yellow. :unsure:

I lol'd. Been through that same situation so many times trying to figure out what's worth what never knowing who to believe because everyone who posts has a phat avatar making me automatically suspicious, or other players more or less begging for trade price.

I do love owning and showing off partyhats but I haven't owned my hat set since the duel arena and I can plainly see the rare market as doing everything possible to exclude the 'new guy'... just flat out not worth the effort.

j_birdd.png

well here's what you'd need to do. for a white you need a red plus yellow (ish). a red is worth a green plus a couple pumpkins.

- buy a green phat for 2b, dispose of 1.5b junk.

- buy two pumpkins for about 400m each, dispose of 600m junk.

- trade green plus two pumpkins for red

- trade yellow plus red for white

and to the above poster - it's not about excluding the new guy. it's that there are so many new guys and so few old guys wishing to part with their hat (which they may never see again if they do) that the new guys have to compete to get them. the prices go up because some people are willing to pay more than you would for a hat.

well here's what you'd need to do. for a white you need a red plus yellow (ish). a red is worth a green plus a couple pumpkins.

- buy a green phat for 2b, dispose of 1.5b junk.

- buy two pumpkins for about 400m each, dispose of 600m junk.

- trade green plus two pumpkins for red

- trade yellow plus red for white

and to the above poster - it's not about excluding the new guy. it's that there are so many new guys and so few old guys wishing to part with their hat (which they may never see again if they do) that the new guys have to compete to get them. the prices go up because some people are willing to pay more than you would for a hat.

Or in other words: pay another person some real $ and buy his/her phat for trade price.

When will Jagex do the right thing and fix the price of rares... :blink:

(edit: I'm not encouraging you to rwt, but I think the system is)

I wonder which RS-player holds 2b junk to trade with his/her green phat unless they're the owner of a manipulation clan. <_< (or a victim of those)

fixing the price of rares would only make rwt worse lol.

what they need to do is make phats update more than 3% a month. reopen the 5% limits and allow it to update more frequently based on open offers unfilled.

It's not going to work. Infact, nothing will. As long as phat owners have confidence in holding their hat

to make this investment, we will only see them rising.