3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Uuurgh. The great thing about being in NZ? Nothing much when it comes to the G.E. Was up to 4:00 am waiting for the ge to update and gave up in the end because I needed sleep!! Thank goodness I did, coz it updated at like 7:50 am. Is it too much to ask for some dragon ornament (or)? I'm not like one of those noobs who want to hoard 50 million of them to buy anything they want.

For me personally, I just want the dragon g plate, legs and fury kit. This is my 3rd time I've stayed up for the ge updates, but because they update really late at night or early in the morning (or in this case, late in the morning), I think my only hopes of getting the items I want is to get them myself. The annoying thing is all my friends are getting all the good tt stuff while I'm getting junk, and I'm the only one that seems to want to keep the items. Arrgh I hate my life sometimes. Curse you murphies law!!! Rage@ :)

I guess I'll kill bork and all that. Tried irons/steels for 3 days solid to only get level 3 clues with 60k junk rewards. Anyone else in my predicament?

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uuurgh. The great thing about being in NZ? Nothing much when it comes to the G.E. Was up to 4:00 am waiting for the ge to update and gave up in the end because I needed sleep!! Thank goodness I did, coz it updated at like 7:50 am. Is it too much to ask for some dragon ornament (or)? I'm not like one of those noobs who want to hoard 50 million of them to buy anything they want.

For me personally, I just want the dragon g plate, legs and fury kit. This is my 3rd time I've stayed up for the ge updates, but because they update really late at night or early in the morning (or in this case, late in the morning), I think my only hopes of getting the items I want is to get them myself. The annoying thing is all my friends are getting all the good tt stuff while I'm getting junk, and I'm the only one that seems to want to keep the items. Arrgh I hate my life sometimes. Curse you murphies law!!! Rage@ :)

I guess I'll kill bork and all that. Tried irons/steels for 3 days solid to only get level 3 clues with 60k junk rewards. Anyone else in my predicament?

I was in the same situation, until i decided to camp the ge. I just sniped plate and legs kit so there is hope don't worry. Just keep trying, and over time the ge will update in a time more convenient for you.

jpegsigtest.jpg

See if a friend would be willing to snipe them for you, that's what I did to get an Armadyl Mitre.

Spaz4010.png

How much is the ancient vestment robe top thing worth? My friend didn't feel like bothering with street prices so I got it for 350k and was just wondering.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

3A is starting to turn around.

GF panic sellers.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

swapped my black uni mask for this :D

shieldftw.jpg

What is that?

Anti-dragon/dragonfire sheild from dungeoneering.

Smuggled out but haxx0r people ;P

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

"The Anti-dragon shield (Dungeoneering) is an alternate form of the Anti-dragon shield, released along with the Dungeoneering skill. It has a completely different look than the traditional shield and can usually only be used within Daemonheim. It has a different alchemy value than the Anti-dragon shield.

The Dungeoneering anti-dragon shield has no negative mage/ranged attack bonus, as well as a slight mage defence bonus. But it otherwise has roughly the same melee defence bonuses as a novite (Tier 1) kiteshield (with the anti-dragon shield having even lower stab defence, marginally higher slash defence, and equal crush defence, when compared to a novite kiteshield). The Anti-dragon shield, with Its slight stab/slash/crush defence bonuses along with not having any negative magic attack bonus, would be a decent shield for a mage to wield. A melee fighter (provided one is not facing a dragon) would be better off with any Tier 2 (bathus) kiteshield or higher.

It is a common drop from many monsters and can be commonly found on the starting tables. Due to an update at the end of June 2010, smuggling this shield or any other item from Daemonheim has been fixed, resulting in the escalation of this shields' price. It is currently one of the few use-able items that were taken out of Daemonheim and can be equipped outside of the area it was intended to be used in. Although JaGex has fixed the method for the "smuggling" of items like this, they said that they did not wish to remove the items from players' banks claiming it to be "too much of a hassle". However, as of 24 June 2010 Jagex prevented any smuggle dungeoneering items from being traded, the items crumbling to dust when offered up in a trade. Accounts with shields that had been traded to them were not banned, as they abused no bug themselves, and could keep their shields. They were still wieldable after the patch, although attempting to drop, or offering them in a trade would make them disappear.

In the time between 12 April, and 24 June (between release and trade patch) the shields were being sold in excess of 100m in world 2, however it had a trade price of 1200 gp, and with its inability to change through GE demand made it incredibly hard to pay these high prices for, as few people would have that amount of junk. It was speculated to be the next half-wine by players, although since the patch it is more similar to the next Lathas' Amulet.

Note: The' Anti-dragon Shield' and its Dungeoneering version have the exact same stat bonuses. The smuggled shield also protects against dragonfire on regular dragons."

iximi.png

What value order do the new dragon masks go in?

I would assume it's:

Green Blue Red Black Bronze Iron Steel Frost Mith

But that Black is still miles above the three lowest...

It seems that I'm right except that Frost is even more expensive than Mith.

Does Black Uni have any street value whatsoever? It seems like a lot of threads on RSOF straight out say they won't accept them.

2dgucz6.png

Wow, smuggled sheilds, I want one... shame they're untradeable.

L bug abuse is okay with you?

They are not untradeable only crumble to dust if you try to trade them (you can however stake them...)

and bug abuse... Its bug abuse in the same way as getting the grain bag out from that quest, i fail to see how owning a special iron square shield is going to let me single handedly destroy your game while at the same time bringing in huge profit for myself( if someone smuggled these shields out and alched them they might make at least 10k and hour!)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

They are not untradeable only crumble to dust if you try to trade them (you can however stake them...)

and bug abuse... Its bug abuse in the same way as getting the grain bag out from that quest, i fail to see how owning a special iron square shield is going to let me single handedly destroy your game while at the same time bringing in huge profit for myself( if someone smuggled these shields out and alched them they might make at least 10k and hour!)

I have no problem with it, it's just that sw0rd is a self-proclaimed bot hunter with fanaticism rivaling that of the spanish inquisition. Thought it was ironic that he's so fervently against botting but actually WANTS to abuse a bug.

I have no problem with it, it's just that sw0rd is a self-proclaimed bot hunter with fanaticism rivaling that of the spanish inquisition. Thought it was ironic that he's so fervently against botting but actually WANTS to abuse a bug.

There are still ways to trade them, but I do find it ironic that sw0rd wants one.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]