3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Selling Purple Phat for 1.1B

created by Bear Dawg 14 06-Aug-2010 20:43:30

by MissPhatGirl

still not one offer of 1.1b, most trying to haggle

I don't think it was as big of a steal as you thought blade

I saw another offer on purple for only 895m. I don't think 1B is considered a "steal" like you guys said.

Depends on the junk, TBH.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um what? I'd say owning nearly 5% of the Santa market is infact a huge hoard, insanely huge. Of all the people that play rs, 1 person owns nearly 5% of a particular item, massive.

And I'm sure if she chose to she would affect the Santa market.

Meh I had a mistype, I meant to say .5%

If 2,000 santas is only 0.5% of the market, then you're implying there are 400,000 santas out there.

In his 2006 tip.it times article, Duke Freedom estimates that there are 15,000 santas in the game. It's possible he was off by 1-5x, but there is no way he was off by 30x.

Id like some help.

I have 50-60m cash and im going inactive from rs for 6months/forever and id like to know which rare/expensive item could/should i buy that would atleast not drop in price(meaning to like to half of its current prise).

Would be awesome if the item would actually rise in the next few years so if i were to come back then atleast i had made some profit while being away.

Id like some help.

I have 50-60m cash and im going inactive from rs for 6months/forever and id like to know which rare/expensive item could/should i buy that would atleast not drop in price(meaning to like to half of its current prise).

Would be awesome if the item would actually rise in the next few years so if i were to come back then atleast i had made some profit while being away.

santa is the cheapest rare for 71 mill.. get enough then buy a santa and you could probably quit and come back and it might be around 100m solid

Um what? I'd say owning nearly 5% of the Santa market is infact a huge hoard, insanely huge. Of all the people that play rs, 1 person owns nearly 5% of a particular item, massive.

If 2,000 santas is only 0.5% of the market, then you're implying there are 400,000 santas out there.

In his 2006 tip.it times article, Duke Freedom estimates that there are 15,000 santas in the game. It's possible he was off by 1-5x, but there is no way he was off by 30x.

Santas were dropped in the Christmas 2002, when RS had enough server capacity for around 16,000 people to be on at the same time. That over 24 hours could produce around 200,000-300,000 or more Santas being dropped (Assuming an average RS player plays for an hour to 2 hours a day)

120dgl.jpg

Santas were dropped in the Christmas 2002, when RS had enough server capacity for around 16,000 people to be on at the same time. That over 24 hours could produce around 200,000-300,000 or more Santas being dropped (Assuming an average RS player plays for an hour to 2 hours a day)

But probably not even half of the santas dropped at that time are still ingame/on active accounts.

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

[hide]

But probably not even half of the santas dropped at that time are still ingame/on active accounts.

[/hide]

I guess a small fraction of those santas are still in the hands of retired players. This may cause supply to sink a bit

but since retired players may come back anytime, their supplies can also increase. which is why

discontinued items are not always the safest investment.

Id like some help.

With that much money, you won't be able to afford any rares. But assuming you probably got some items leftover (you may need like 12m amount), sell everything you have since you're quitting anyways.

[hide]

[/hide]

I guess a small fraction of those santas are still in the hands of retired players. This may cause supply to sink a bit

but since retired players may come back anytime, their supplies can also increase. which is why

Id like some help.

With that much money, you won't be able to afford any rares. But assuming you probably got some items leftover (you may need like 12m amount), sell everything you have since you're quitting anyways.

well i guess i could get those last 10-20m if i sold all of my [cabbage], so anyway, what to buy(santa?) and is now a good time to buy it?

[hide]

[/hide]

Id like some help.

well i guess i could get those last 10-20m if i sold all of my [cabbage], so anyway, what to buy(santa?) and is now a good time to buy it?

Santas are currently the cheapest rare so I would go with that if you want some money leftover. But there are more santas than any other rare in the market afaik, so

if you want a more safe investment, go with a green mask.

So apparently Iron / Steel dragon masks are going for Red partyhats. I wonder how hard the masks are to snipe, better hit this before they're too common. I'd trade it right off for a Divine, honestly.

Wow, Red Phats. I wonder what Frost/Mith goes for. And if you got a Red Hat, you could downgrade to Green or even Yellow and then trade that for Divine. It would be a free whatever it takes to upgrade Yellow/Green to Red.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

So apparently Iron / Steel dragon masks are going for Red partyhats. I wonder how hard the masks are to snipe, better hit this before they're too common. I'd trade it right off for a Divine, honestly.

Wow, Red Phats. I wonder what Frost/Mith goes for. And if you got a Red Hat, you could downgrade to Green or even Yellow and then trade that for Divine. It would be a free whatever it takes to upgrade Yellow/Green to Red.

It's actually only Steels and Irons that are that high, apparently.

I would trade for divine simply because I could not afford the shield and a Phat lol

Wow indeed. How do you even make a trade like that without having hundreds of millions in junk? Who has hundreds of millions of junk? :(

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Wow indeed. How do you even make a trade like that without having hundreds of millions in junk? Who has hundreds of millions of junk? :(

Several people.

I can't believe that any sensible person would do that trade though...I *seriously* doubt that these masks will last up to a year if even a few months like crowns(or was it weeks? I forget).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I attempted to snipe a green blue and red dragon mask in a 15 second update, none of them were bought.

I understand that metal dragon masks would go for phats because of their rarity combined with their freshness in the game.

I would estimate that around a year they would slowly go down below market value.

I attempted to snipe a green blue and red dragon mask in a 15 second update, none of them were bought.

I understand that metal dragon masks would go for phats because of their rarity combined with their freshness in the game.

I would estimate that around a year they would slowly go down below market value.

So you believe that the current street values will last for a year?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

It's actually only Steels and Irons that are that high, apparently.

I would trade for divine simply because I could not afford the shield and a Phat lol

PM me if you snipe one LoL, I'd take you up on that.

And it really depends on how rare they really are, I've seen very few compared to the other masks.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

So you believe that the current street values will last for a year?

No, I'm saying that it'll take about a year for them to gradually reach their market value. Right now, the higher dragon

masks are approximately worth about a yellow (despite the previous post saying that it was worth a red phat).

I've also looked up nice statistics on how rare the masks are and it seems that mithril dragon (the rarest mask)

is close to the rarity of getting 3rd age.