New Slayer Changes Discussion

Tylon_Dragadon

The only problem with having so many updates at once is having one thread for the discussion of all is a bit silly.

To save you the trouble of looking them back up, here they are:

* You can purchase the ability to be assigned ice strykewyrms from Slayer masters (using Slayer points after completing Smoking Kills).

* You need to be wearing a TzHaar fire cape to cause 2x damage to ice strykewyrms with fire spells (without it, fire spells inflict 1.5x damage).

* The TzHaar fire cape adds +40 damage (see other news about changes to the Hitpoints skill) to all attack types when worn to fight ice strykewyrms.

* Ice strykewyrms may cause you extra damage if you're not wearing a TzHaar fire cape.

* Strykewyrms should no longer lose focus on the player they were attacking.

* You can now block a 5th task if you have more than 250 Quest Points.

* You can purchase the ability to be assigned aquanites by Kuradal.

* You can now purchase the ability to deal killing blows faster to those Slayer creatures that require them.

* The crystal chime now has an auto chime feature, which should help when fighting warped terrorbirds and warped tortoises.

Fire cape/Ice Strykewyrm drama resolution aside, I like a lot of these.

Particularly the addition of another blockable task.

One nagging question I have is about the "dealing killing blows faster" upgrade worth a tidy sum of 400 points.

I'm assuming this makes you auto-use a finishing item on gargoyles, rock slugs, desert lizards, and the like.

Anyone know more about this?

I may put something here eventually.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know wanything about it, but since i'm such a scabby Slayer points stasher, and I had all bought before, i'll have to buy it. I hope that is the case. :mrgreen:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

My friend says that you do indeed auto-kill Gargoyles if you purchase that ability which has been long overdue.

Shame I blocked Warped Tortoises yesterday, now I have just wasted 100 points :wall:

This is probably Slayer's updates for the year done now :razz:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I want to know if buying the death blow thing is worth it..

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

It costs 2,000 points to earn the right to kill Ice Strykewyrms from Kuradal. I'm pacified with this 'compromise'. Even with Kuradal it's a fair bit of work.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

My friend says that you do indeed auto-kill Gargoyles if you purchase that ability which has been long overdue.

Shame I blocked Warped Tortoises yesterday, now I have just wasted 100 points :wall:

so i presume we don't even need to click knock-out anymore

does our character still perform an animation? or does the gargoyle just die if we deal 105 damage?

anyways this update was kinda meh

aquanites are arguably a bad task so i'll never add that

and in the end, auto-knock out is not a huge difference to most slayers

the ice wyrm update successfully crashed the price of SOL's =D

maybe it won't last but meh

2k slayer points is a reasonable price. I woulda paid it if I didn't already have a firecape TBH

question, did jagex fix the focus/hexcrest glitch yet or not? i've heard mixed reports.

Naaxi.png

Overall, I think this is a nice update for Slayer. I know I'm not 93 Slay for the Icewyrms, but the other rewards look promising.

"You can purchase the ability to assign Aquanites by Kuradal"

:wall: Darn you... Why didn't you arrive sooner.

"The Crystal Chimes now have an auto-chime feature, which helps on those warped terriorbirds and warped tortises'

Yay! After Gargoyles getting a left-click smash ability, this was to follow.

"You can now block a fifth task, as long as you have more than 250 quest points."

*looks at Bloodvelds...* But seriously, this is quite nice.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Well, I dont block tasks because I feel like that would sort of counter the whole point of playing the slayer skill to begin with.

But I think the other stuff is pretty cool.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

so i presume we don't even need to click knock-out anymore

does our character still perform an animation? or does the gargoyle just die if we deal 105 damage?

anyways this update was kinda meh

aquanites are arguably a bad task so i'll never add that

and in the end, auto-knock out is not a huge difference to most slayers

the ice wyrm update successfully crashed the price of SOL's =D

maybe it won't last but meh

2k slayer points is a reasonable price. I woulda paid it if I didn't already have a firecape TBH

question, did jagex fix the focus/hexcrest glitch yet or not? i've heard mixed reports.

Not sure about the animation, but when you get the Gargoyle down to 0hp you automatically deal the finishing blow to it providing you have the required item in your inventory.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

At 97 slay without fire cape (yes i do lol), i have enough points to pey for having icy worms in task yay. Though, i still have to go for Jad if i want to be effective there. Weldone !

Blocking a 5th task : wonderfull.

Auto work for slayer tools : awesome.

Jagex is still making boring things away for an even better gameplay.

Oh baby light the dark side...

I think they should have put the auto-chime effect in the auto-kill unlock to tell you the truth as it would make it a lot more useful as an unlock.

To me it looks like the missed a trick there.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Lala it's not over exorbitant it's fair. If it was me in their position I would have made it AT LEAST 3K maybe even 4K because I'm a *insert word of choice here* to people who whine about not being able to get a fire cape at flippin 93 slayer unless they're a level 3 skiller who's only ambition is to SW all their slayer exp.

Anyways, I'm atleast a bit happy that the people who want to kill strykewryms have to either stop having 5m worth of profit or shut up :^_^:

And it's easy to get 2K points really...... I have 2300+ And I'm not even 85 slayer yet, so why the hell people waste them I have no idea.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I would like to clarify to everyone that when you buy the killing blow option it allows you to kill zygomites, desert lizards, gargoyles and rock slugs without having to use or even have these items on you (fungicide, ice box, rock hammer or bags of salt) to deal the finishing blow. That means these tasks wont annoy you either... well worth the 400 points in my opinion.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would like to clarify to everyone that when you buy the killing blow option it allows you to kill zygomites, desert lizards, gargoyles and rock slugs without having to use or even have these items on you (fungicide, ice box, rock hammer or bags of salt) to deal the finishing blow. That means these tasks wont annoy you either... well worth the 400 points in my opinion.

I will definitly be getting this on my pure, if you use sumona you get those tasks quite often. At about 280 points so not too far :)

the gargoyle thing only helps if you're lazy lol :(

Which is exactly why I bought it as soon as I possibly could -- I try to be efficient, but really, I'll pay for not having to use that hammer myself.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Wait wait, you don't even have to have the hammer *on* you to finish off gargs now?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

You still have to have the item that kills the monster in order to auto-kill it still. It's just like before, only now you don't have to select the item and use it on the monster.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!