6 Year Old Boy Suspended From School For Making A "Gun" With His Hand

Panzerlord

A Michigan boy reportedly has been suspended from school for curling his hand into the shape of a gun and pointing it at another student.

Erin Jammer, said her son, Mason, was just playing around when he made the gesture Wednesday, the Grand Rapids Press reported.

"I do think it's harsh for a six-year-old. He's six and he just likes to play. Maybe what you could do is take his recess away. He's only six and he doesn't understand any of this," Erin Jammer said.

But officials at Jefferson Elementary School said the behavior made other students uncomfortable, and they suspended Mason for the remainder of the week, the paper reported.

School officials also told the paper that Mason had been warned repeatedly against pretending to aim his hand at students but continued the behavior over several months.

Jammer told the paper her son isn't violent and doesnt have toy guns at home. She suggested a less harsh punishment, like taking Masons recess away, might be more effective in teaching him not to make a gun with his hand.

"He's only six and he doesn't understand any of this," she said.

This just seems a little bit ridiculous, no?

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

*facepalm*

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Yay, more shock news! People are oversensitive in America, that's really stupid, they don't have any common sense and all the rest of it.

[/topic] (Unless you count everyone else that will say the same thing or yell at me) :-)

C2b6gs7.png

The school sounds rather justified IMO

If it genuinely was upsetting other students and the kid had been warned to not do it over a period of several months due to this fact.

Sounds like basic logic really.

I mean if a small kid kept punching other kids (and obviously upsetting/injuring them) at school over a period of months and was repeatedly warned not to he'd be suspended.

Fair enough making a gun sign with your hands seems like nothing to most of us, but if as reported it upsets others there's a reason to not do it. Same way you don't and smoke in the face of someone who's very anti-smoking or try to avoid swearing if your around highly religious folk etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The reason for this makes as much sense to me as trying to fight a Polar Bear with a spoon.

Honestly schools are getting more stupid and stupid these days. What's next? A student getting expelled for having a pencil sharpened at two ends, and it being considered "a very deadly weapon"?

vizardsig-1.png

Yet people in America are allowed to own guns for "self defence" :rolleyes:

That seems the real irony to me. :P I could go on and say how stupid people are, people need to lighten up, etc. I bet the kid weren't even upset, it was the adults who were upset. What can you do though. The world gets more and more sensitive everyday. Maybe we should just return to the archaic lifestyle for a while, and people will lighten up. :P

Blakdragon39.png

Honestly I agree with the punishment. The kid was told to not do it, he had plenty of prior warnings to stop, his behavior made others feel uncomfortable around him. Yes, you could probably sit here and argue that they could have settle with a less "harsh" punishment but at the end of the day suspending the kid is best way to get through to the kid that violence is not ok under any situation even if it is pretend because could get his hands on a real gun are start pointing it at other students.

tFtfA.jpg

The first thing I thought of when i saw this was the kid who was suspended for bringing a 2 inch gun to school.

Also when i read this it seemed that the parents weren't warned about it at all.

The reason for this makes as much sense to me as trying to fight a Polar Bear with a spoon.

Honestly schools are getting more stupid and stupid these days. What's next? A student getting expelled for having a pencil sharpened at two ends, and it being considered "a very deadly weapon"?

I agree completely. Although at my school you can get a detention for bringing in tin foil because it's listed under "weapons" in the handbook. #-o

[hide=]

"If that dude over there throws that brick, I'll jump behind that trash can and hide" For example.

Just like that XKCD comic, if anybody has seen it.

A trash can has only a single exit and zero maneuverability within. Plus, you're wide open to an aerial attack and with no place to move around...

Ross said behind the trash can, not in it. :wall:

Did... Did Lenin just get owned by a guy with 29 posts?

The apocalypse is here my friends. :ohnoes:

[/hide]

Tbh, a suspension at his age would be paradise for him... No school as a kindergardener/first grader? Epic win.

The recess would teach him more, because now he's been taught make a gun and no school! if he lost recess it'd be make a gun and lose recess. Seriously, which is worse?

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

Tbh, a suspension at his age would be paradise for him... No school as a kindergardener/first grader? Epic win.

The recess would teach him more, because now he's been taught make a gun and no school! if he lost recess it'd be make a gun and lose recess. Seriously, which is worse?

So, effectively, this teaches the kid that he can get out of school if he pretends to shoot kids.

So, effectively, this teaches the kid that he can get out of school if he pretends to shoot kids.

Sadly I think that is true.

vizardsig-1.png

Schools need to pull their panty's out of their [wagon]. Today, I was walking to my local grocery store, and a 6-7 year old pointed a cap gun out of the passenger window of a car and pretended to shoot me. Right accross the street from a fire station, on a fairly busy road. No fuss was made. School needs to brighten up, and stop giving such a crap.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Sadly I think that is true.

So, effectively, this teaches people that he can get out of paying taxes if he goes to jail. (no income)

No. The kids would feel some sort of trouble and wrong-doing and won't think that way.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The school sounds rather justified IMO

If it genuinely was upsetting other students and the kid had been warned to not do it over a period of several months due to this fact.

Sounds like basic logic really.

I mean if a small kid kept punching other kids (and obviously upsetting/injuring them) at school over a period of months and was repeatedly warned not to he'd be suspended.

Fair enough making a gun sign with your hands seems like nothing to most of us, but if as reported it upsets others there's a reason to not do it. Same way you don't and smoke in the face of someone who's very anti-smoking or try to avoid swearing if your around highly religious folk etc.

If you get scared from getting a gun pointed at you, made of the most likely play dough smelling hands of a 6 year old; you have other underlying emotional problems that shouldn't be included in the argument for said student's expulsion.

Next week the news:

"Kid Says "BOO!" during a Halloween Party in 2nd grade, girl has been diagnosed with PTS. Child's Court Date is Set."

I think these schools have realized the trend, and are suspending for the media coverage. One more reason our public schools fail.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Personaly, as I remember myself in the 1st grade, if I were suspended I'd cry for hours. That's just me though.

stockphotopro_80256WMA_600_02123760.jpg

Scary, isn't it?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Yet we were able to shoot airsoft guns around our school...

This is way, way, way over the top. Better watch.. next time a kid is picking his nose, he might actually be pretending to put a gun up his nose, possibly motioning that he may commit suicide.... :wall:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png