12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Well, tip.it certainly got thi right, Dungeoneering it is :lol:.

Too bad I'm busy playing other games on PC, and combat doesn't really appeal to me much. But if it benefits other skills, I might have a reason to use it in the future. It looks like a lot of fun anyway :P. Kinda like a slayer but with more rewards, and a 60x falador dungeon Oo.

disturbeda.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question about resetting the prestige..

if my prestige is at 3 and i cannot go to floor 4 yet, then if i reset the prestige, the value will be 3,

so at this point, the best exp to do is floor 3 right?

what should i be doing when floor 4 unlocks? do i have to do floors 1 to 3 again and then floor 4 and then reset the prestige so it will have a value of 4? then i just keep doing floor 4?

so this is what i should be doing to train dungeoneering right?

is it really worth it if the prestige is 30 and you have to do all 30 floors again + 1 more you unlocked to get just 1 more prestige exp?

You gonna get got

I've noticed that with a lot of bosses there is probably a set lifepoints level for each time they use their special attack. I found this most obvious when killing Stomp.

Yup, as far as I can tell (so far) this applies to the luminescent icefiend, stomp, and sagittare. Btw you notice that after you get stomp down to 1/3 health he starts doing a STUPID ammount of damage? He was hitting me for EXACTLY 247 damage constantly like my armor wasn't even there.

I didn't notice that. His attacks seemed fairly weak, and only hit about as often as I could veng myself. I had more trouble with his special attacks. The first two times he used them, debris blocked my access to one of the two lodestones, so that I was unable to place a crystal there. I couldn't mine it away or anything, and I don't know if this is intentional (because he healed to full HP both times). Good thing this didn't happen when he was almost dead. :mellow:

Also, to the person asking about doors with high level requirements: Besides potions, you can use summoning to boost your skills. Hoardstalker familiars (the foraging ones) offer an invisible skill boost ranging from 1 to 10. This means that there could conceivably be requirements of 110+ plus in a skill.

Invisible boosts should not affect skill requirements. Invisible boosts just help you with tasks you can already achieve. For example, improving your success rate with cooking, or reducing the chance of hurting yourself while crafting.

i have a question about resetting the prestige..

if my prestige is at 3 and i cannot go to floor 4 yet, then if i reset the prestige, the value will be 3,

so at this point, the best exp to do is floor 3 right?

what should i be doing when floor 4 unlocks? do i have to do floors 1 to 3 again and then floor 4 and then reset the prestige so it will have a value of 4? then i just keep doing floor 4?

so this is what i should be doing to train dungeoneering right?

is it really worth it if the prestige is 30 and you have to do all 30 floors again + 1 more you unlocked to get just 1 more prestige exp?

Yes, it is.

The best xp would be at floor 3 but to get prestige rank 4 you'd need to complete floors 1-4.

The best option is whenever you hit the max floors you can complete at your level to reset prestige and complete floors from 1 - whatever your limit is now.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

So, today I started a floor 4 complexity 6 dungeon with a party of 5 people (didnt know them), and after about 45 minutes we got to the boss, with only 3 of us remaining. With full food and armour, we wen't in to fight the level 575 boss (it was that [bleep]er that heals by eating the dead animals??)...Anyways, we couldnt kill it before it killed us and it kept re-healing. After one try one of the other players bailed and it was left to me (cb level 133 and a level 110). We restocked on food, armour, and i had my level 93 familiar out, went in, and could barely get it to half health before we both died and it re-healed. Our only option was to quit the dungeon...and I ended up getting about 60xp for an hour and a halfs work.

This seems like complete horse [cabbage] to me...if people leave the party then how the F are you supposed to kill the bosses that are meant for FIVE people with only two...

Is there a way to fix this issue that i just don't know about??

I was pretty fed up about it

So, today I started a floor 4 complexity 6 dungeon with a party of 5 people (didnt know them), and after about 45 minutes we got to the boss, with only 3 of us remaining. With full food and armour, we wen't in to fight the level 575 boss (it was that [bleep]er that heals by eating the dead animals??)...Anyways, we couldnt kill it before it killed us and it kept re-healing. After one try one of the other players bailed and it was left to me (cb level 133 and a level 110). We restocked on food, armour, and i had my level 93 familiar out, went in, and could barely get it to half health before we both died and it re-healed. Our only option was to quit the dungeon...and I ended up getting about 60xp for an hour and a halfs work.

This seems like complete horse [cabbage] to me...if people leave the party then how the F are you supposed to kill the bosses that are meant for FIVE people with only two...

Only thing I can say is don't do 5 man teams, after about 3 man teams the bosses get ridiculous and just isn't worth doing.

Only thing I can say is don't do 5 man teams, after about 3 man teams the bosses get ridiculous and just isn't worth doing.

i thought you could stand between the boss and the dead bodies so it can't heal

You gonna get got

You can but if one of the people standing near the corpse moves for like a second you're in trouble <_< It gets to be annoying tbh.

Just got to the fourth area ( floor 30-35). It's exactly the same as the second area. Even the bosses are same.

I'm a bit disappointed. I expected something awesome for the last area but instead I got the worst area again :rolleyes:

Man just had my first real big disappointment with Jagex and a HUGE flaw in their design. I was going through and then had to fight the geomancer for boss. Well not to bad except that through the whole dungeon I got NO range gear. They didnt have one tree or creature to trap to gain this gear. Meanwhile all I've gotten in the dungeon was 3 ores and about 100k . Needless to say I bought what I could in gear and died three times on the boss. This to me is a very big disappointment in design. If they are going to give you a boss that is designed to be fought with range then make it accessible to get gear to fight him. Seems like poor game designing IMO

All skills 80+

Try blocking that fatass from his lunch when he's hitting constant 300+ on you.

I'd like to point out that Jagex specifically states not to set the difficulty to 5 people if you're not certain everyone will stay the whole time. Even then, they state that it may be better to set it to 4 or even 3 people's difficulty...

Also, seeing as you have easy access to food that heals nearly 400 a bite, and the beast is only hitting one of what SHOULD be five people hitting it, it should be no problem. Especially if 2-3 of them can cast vengeance and are putting it on the person soaking up the hits.

I'd like to point out that Jagex specifically states not to set the difficulty to 5 people if you're not certain everyone will stay the whole time. Even then, they state that it may be better to set it to 4 or even 3 people's difficulty...

Also, seeing as you have easy access to food that heals nearly 400 a bite, and the beast is only hitting one of what SHOULD be five people hitting it, it should be no problem. Especially if 2-3 of them can cast vengeance and are putting it on the person soaking up the hits.

Woah, what food is that? Skinweaver?

I duo'ed @ lvl 56-57 dungeoneering I had 28 prestige

with friend who was 46-49 dungeoneering my friend should have had 23 prestige

but i was gaining 1.5x more xp per boss

i was getting ~5500 xp per floor

friend was getting ~3300 xp for the same floor

and she got MVP every floor if that makes any difference

I hope that's an indication of nonlinear progression.

+5 prestige = 1.5x more xp?

=\ one can hope

Naaxi.png

Woah, what food is that? Skinweaver?

Blue Crab and Salve Eel Potatoes. Cave Moray is a bit harder to get but you start with some.

If you are standing in front of the food the monster just rotates between attacking you and the other player.

The monster can't eat.

You don't have to move to attack him.

If there were only one player it's impossible with two its difficult but possible. Easier with five of course.

Kids, do your research before you get your [wagon] handed to you by a boss.

Unless.

(Haha, I have to look on RS Wiki everytime I get to a new boss; although, it was just luck that I happened to be wielding a pick at the time of my first Bulwark beast encounter without even realizing what we were supposed to do...)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Kids, do your research before you get your [wagon] handed to you by a boss.

Unless.

(Haha, I have to look on RS Wiki everytime I get to a new boss; although, it was just luck that I happened to be wielding a pick at the time of my first Bulwark beast encounter without even realizing what we were supposed to do...)

Almost always (never happened to me so far, but I'm only level 33), there are enough things given away by the actual fight itself, the monster examine/appearance, or the room it's in to figure out what to do in the fight.

guido_49.png

The beast of burden familiars carry a lot of extra food for their summoning level (just check on the KB). If you're having trouble with the final boss fights, I suggest bringing one stuffed with salve eels or better and setting your right click option to take from BOB.

Tact.gif

If you are standing in front of the food the monster just rotates between attacking you and the other player.

The monster can't eat.

If there were only one player it's impossible with two its difficult but possible. Easier with five of course.

I've gotten 1-13 dung all solo. (yeh, I'm only lvl 13. I've worked 18 hr work days all week. anyways:)

there's one one pile of food, so I can block it and kill the dude easily./

This is a fun skill... but something about it really aggravates me. I guess it'd be the rewards... I wish they were not rly more broad, but there were different ways of getting them.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The monster can't eat.

I've gotten 1-13 dung all solo. (yeh, I'm only lvl 13. I've worked 18 hr work days all week. anyways:)

there's one one pile of food, so I can block it and kill the dude easily./

This is a fun skill... but something about it really aggravates me. I guess it'd be the rewards... I wish they were not rly more broad, but there were different ways of getting them.

What you guys don't realize it was me and a level 110 duoing a level 575 that was meant for 5 people. We would both block the 2 piles of food but one of us would die before we killed it and the thing would eat the open pile of food before the dead man could run back. It was [developmentally delayed]ed.

They should adjust the boss or level if players leave the party...

^^ NO i know that, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying if someone was soloing they wouldn't be able to kill the monster.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I know that's what you said, but Jagex specifically stated that you should consider choosing the amount of players below the amount you actually have, specifically for this scenario. If you had five people and chose a five person dungeon, that's you stating "no one's going to leave, or if they are, those who stay are going to be able to cover for them." If you can't say that, then you should not be playing on a 5-person difficulty.