New RuneScape Main Page

Carl

Jagex have changed the whole main page, to a new style.

www.runescape.com

Including a new background image, too!

bg.jpg?0

What do you think of these changes?

The image of the shield the man's wearing in this, possible a Dragon Kiteshield?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It looks like it used to with the centered news stories and no big side column thing +1

2) It looks like they renamed the whole game because of 1 update -1

3) They changed it from there are currently 113,459 people playing to 113,459 people currently playing online worldwide - Do they really need the "worldwide"? +0

4) The big square ad takes up a lot of space and is more intrusive than the old banner on top -1

5) Is it a little bit shorter so basically the whole thing almost fits into 1.3 screens or is that just me? +1

My first thought was yuk stop changing the homepage.

Edit: Also they changed the background image for the page that you see if you haven't visited the site.

bg.jpg

Jesus Christ, can't you just admit that you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not wrong.

I just wanna get that toolbar at the top and drag it down to the top of the scroll where it should be.... I hate when people put the toolbars at the very top, I really do.

Overall though, not a fan of the new look it highlights even more that the browny colours they went for don't look great, and you cant see enough content on the first pagefull without scrolling.

Also that play now button looks far too small for such an important button.

French also appears to break the page for me.... text all over the shop! may just be my settings though.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I think the new layout is massively better than the old one. It seems more appealing to the eye, and the updates seem to be the first thing that you see instead of what was on the sidebar on the left.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think the new layout is massively better than the old one. It seems more appealing to the eye, and the updates seem to be the first thing that you see instead of what was on the sidebar on the left.

I've already forgotten how the old layout looked like.... :wall:

Looks great, though the fact that RuneScape gets renamed with a sub-theme based on the dungeon for the new skill gives me the impression that future 'skills' might be new raiding spots. Skyscaping Skill + a 100-level Armadylian Tower anyone? :wink: Interestingly, why didn't Jagex include the trailer found on their youtube channel for Dungeoneering?

And this time round they're smart enough to take the forums offline, I just saw a "homepage sub-theme looks like WoW ripoff' thread.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The new banner makes it look like the whole game got a new name.

instead of "runescape" it now looks like its called: "runescape, dungeons of daemonheim.

It just looks like a second name...

I also think the old layout was better, or it is just that it doenst look nice on my pc when it is all centered

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

From now on, lets call updates patches and have a "New Patch in xx:xx" come up instead of system update.

Jokes aside, I think it looks nice. Also, I would love a Tower of Armadyl styled raid area. Might be rants though because a tower isnt a dungeon.

Guess they could put some sort of dungeon in the tower. :P

And yes, I agree with one of the comments above. It does look like a second name. "RuneScape: Dungeons of Daemonheim", it's just like a new expansion pack was released...Granted, while you could call a skill that, I don't think it's necessary.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

carl i think the shield the guy is wielding is one of those new fancy dungeoneering shields

Also it took me 5 minuets to figure out where the button to play was lol

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

And yes, I agree with one of the comments above. It does look like a second name. "RuneScape: Dungeons of Daemonheim", it's just like a new expansion pack was released...Granted, while you could call a skill that, I don't think it's necessary.

On their add at Jagex.com they have refereed to it as an expansion pack... which I am not a huge fan of as I always rearguard expansion packs as an actual product on a disk, and does not really refer to cloud gaming

sig2webzx7.jpg

The shield is just a kiteshield from the daemonheim dungeon.

I thought she was missing a finger, but she was not. Her boobs are uneven. I just see a lot of small things i would have changed on it.

If the ad stays there, i might put adblock on rs mainpage again. It's really annoying.

On their add at Jagex.com they have refereed to it as an expansion pack... which I am not a huge fan of as I always rearguard expansion packs as an actual product on a disk, and does not really refer to cloud gaming

Eh, an expansion pack is another way of saying 'a big chunk of additional content'. The form it comes in is irrelevant.

It does look like a second name though, but at least it's catchy.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

2luov28.png

To some guy complaining about the size of the witch's... well... chest.

Aww, you didn't notice my post in that thread :(

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

2luov28.png

[bleep] or gtfo mod emilee.

I dont really care about the new design, its probably just till the next update anyway.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

The wizard in the background looks.. well. Noobish. She needs an amulet or something, I'm serious.

And as for the forums, you scroll down to a point where background is completely black, that's very annoying really.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Old one is batter. New main page was meh... Main page are small for my big widescreen monitor.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

hmmmm.....

1z4gzgy.png

Nice one, Den. :shock:

Any idea who the wizard could be?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

2luov28.png

Aww, you didn't notice my post in that thread :(
I'd love to know the QFC for that thread... Sounds like it would be fun stuff to read for any 21+ male... :P

@ Myu -- I have to run ABP as part of house policy (or I would never be online) here... I do, however, get how you feel about that advert spot... Had to add a new rule to get rid of it, only to find a spare patch of open space below. :(

@ Den -- Yeah, it definitely IS possible that MMG decided he wanted his face modeled into the new home page for an update. LOL :lol:

@ TOPIC -- This new homepage reminds me all too much of that ugly Flash-based "BattleOn.com AdventureQuest" game I saw someone else playing... Definitely a bad move on Jagex's part to do this, especially if they want to attract any crowds that hate the other game I mentioned... <_<

~Mr. D. V. "That new page sucks..." Devnull

(p.s.: If my post sounds like I'm being a pervert, it isn't intentional... I was trying to comment in as few words as possible which crowd that thread likely appeals to...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)