The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird. Who is that guy, anyway? I've been seeing him all over fashion sites.

Brunello Cucinelli? An Italian designer and a label, I believe.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Jackthreads is having a denim sale right now. If you want to grab some jeans for 50-70% off and you're in the US/Canada, take a look.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Been getting into fashion lately. My favorite outfit so far is my Microsoft shirt with a leather jacket over it. It's so IRONIC that I don't need to use an IRONER!!!

Been getting into fashion lately. My favorite outfit so far is my Microsoft shirt with a leather jacket over it. It's so IRONIC that I don't need to use an IRONER!!!

:lol:

Finally going a function where I'll be dressing nice. Due to lack of money I'm pretty much sticking with what I've got available, which shall be jeans, shirt, overshirt, and my coolish shoes. Might be able to scrounge up enough for a nice hat. Anyone got any suggestions on a hat style?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

My new jeans. :thumbup:

£110 for a pair of jeans? Dayum you're rich.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Somebody doesn't know the definition of irony... :roll:

(irony: of, resembling, relating to, or tasting much like iron)

My new jeans. :thumbup:

£110 for a pair of jeans? Dayum you're rich.

They're very comfortable and last long. And it's not like I'm buying a pair per month. :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Buy quality; it'll last forever. Especially a classic style and classic color from a great brand. Those'll last more than a decade unless something disastrous happens.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

...or you grow out of them^.

I think most of the people ITT are under 18 anyways. Once you stop growing, then buying expensive clothing is probably the best investment, but until then, stick to the high street.

Oh, yes, of course. But once you've stayed the same height and all for a year, stop buying clothes with growing room. Not too long ago I overheard my brother talking to himself about needing growing room in his clothes. He's 23.

Then again, he did get kind of chubby the past few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Any advice on keeping your look real through 40°C heat?

Hey! I know that!

Just need lightweight, natural clothes. Cottons, maybe tropical wools if you can get them. Undershirts are very important. Or just go simply with cool shorts and a plain t-shirt, some interesting shoes. Lucky for me, it's been raining here for two weeks straight (hurricane sends storms up here), so it's been nice and cool.

I only have one pair of shorts. I find most of them look bad.

[Edit] I think this thread has become a PM conversation. :P

It's really hard to find good-looking shorts for a decent price. I refuse to spend 80+ bucks on a pair of half-trousers (THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE). My last pair of jeans cost 120 but that's a perfectly good price to pay for good-looking legwear you can also wear when it's not summer.

If people here need advice on how to look good in shorts: Buy a short that reaches your knees. The shorts ending just above your knees is ok but too high is gay. Nothing wrong with gay people but straight people generally don't want to look like them. Anything too much below your kneecaps is ugly. Wear a "Three quarters" (ending 10 cm above your shoes) and you should be shot on sight. Seriously.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Three quarters shorts can work, but only in some outfits.

Pics or it didn't happen :P

No really I want pictures

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I really wish I could dress classy. It's too expensive. And no I don't need any talk about how quality is important :( I know it is. Most expensive pants I ever got was $50 (I had to get from a store for tall people, damn walmart only goes to 32 lengths :( I'm a 34-35 ish.) I'm stuck at wal-mart and old navy, and not gotten new clothes besides a work polo in a year or two.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It's really hard to find good-looking shorts for a decent price. I refuse to spend 80+ bucks on a pair of half-trousers (THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE). My last pair of jeans cost €120 but that's a perfectly good price to pay for good-looking legwear you can also wear when it's not summer.

If people here need advice on how to look good in shorts: Buy a short that reaches your knees. The shorts ending just above your knees is ok but too high is gay. Nothing wrong with gay people but straight people generally don't want to look like them. Anything too much below your kneecaps is ugly. Wear a "Three quarters" (ending 10 cm above your shoes) and you should be shot on sight. Seriously.

The last two pairs of half-trousers I bought end above the knees and I gotta say, I prefer it much more. I doubt I would have ever purchased them when I still had my chicken legs but now I get the chance to rest my legs on an elevated surface such as a stool or a low table and let people in front of me bask in my glory.

hiccup.png

I disagree about shorter shorts. Prepsters pull off bermudas very well.

[Edit] Oh, and I get asked if I'm gay all the time, and I don't care. Gayest hetero some of my friends know, apparently. Let me find Brad P's ebook and get back to you on that issue.

[hide=From Brad P's Fashion Bible]

Anti-gay Social Programing

This is a big one. Lots of guys have their personal style stunted by anti-gay social

programming. This happens in 2 ways.

1. No one wants to look gay if they're not gay.

Ok fair enough. I don't think that you should try to dress gay unless you're specifically

going for the "metrosexual look" and using that as a way to attract women. (More on that

look later). Looking gay is not what most guys should be going for.

The problems is that almost anything could be construed as "looking gay" and this becomes

a common excuse for guys who have some more general fears- the fear of change, the fear

of coming out of your comfort zone, the fear of pushing your limits.

2. Taking an interest in fashion can make you seem gay, even if you don't look gay.

There's a grain of truth to this. If you hang out with super macho or narrow minded people

and start talking fashion, they might hassle you about it. In some rural subcultures, even

women might have a negative reaction to guys who are interested in fashion.

But if you don't live in Wyoming and you don't hang out with truckers, you probably don't

need to worry about it.

You have to decide who it is that you want to be attracted to you. Do you want macho

truckers to like you or hot women to like you? The choice is yours.

The vast majority of women find fashion minded men attractive and refreshing.

The irony of anti-gay social programming is that you can learn more about dressing

attractively from gay men than anyone else. On average, gay men dress more attractively

than straight men. If you don't believe me, ask some attractive women.

Gay men are not born with more fashion sense than straight men, so why do they dress

better?

They just have more practice. They belong to a subculture which encourages them to study

fashion and explore different looks. While many straight men strangle their creativity with

fear and inhibition, gay men are "allowed" to get creative with their wardrobe.

If you want some great fashion advice, ask a gay guy. They have years of experience

learning what looks good on a man. They also tend to be fully supportive of your quest to

get laid more often.

Sometimes you'll get good advice from women, but not always. The problem with getting

fashion advice from women is that they are not fully supportive of the "getting laid"

agenda. Women have their own agenda. Maybe she wants you to continue to be an asskissing

nice guy. Perhaps she has a crush on you and wants to keep other women away

from you. Perhaps she wants you as an orbiter (a friend who does her favors in hope of

winning her heart.)

Maybe she just thinks it's fun to act like a fashion expert even though she knows very little

about the topic. This is common. Many women like to believe that they are experts on

everything from fashion to relationships to pop culture but they won't have the kind of

specialized knowledge needed to create an attractive look for a man.

Fashion advice from women is better than nothing, but it's hit or miss depending on the

woman's agenda.

In conclusion, the idea is not to look "gay." However, you shouldn't let the fear of looking

gay prevent you from looking your best. Sometimes the question "are you gay?" is just a

woman's way of telling you that you have great style.

[/hide]

Yeah, yeah, this is a PUA book, point is what he's saying is interesting.