Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

To the man having PS3 lag problems, Im gonna be completely honest when I say this, not biased in the typical "Thats better because I have one" way.

Trade your PS3 for an xbox. "Monthly online fees, no internet browsing, etc. etc.." waaahhh. I havnt experienced the slightest bit of lag on my BO on xbox. Honest to the lord. If you want lag free, xbox is the way to go. PC is full of manipulating hackers, and it has ALOT of problems with the server system. PS3 should be alright with connection but typically the PS3 likes to suck the life out of your internet connection. Try playing with no computers, cable/satellite TVs on, and that should reduce the lag. If not, get an xbox. The xbox's technology diverts some of the internet connection back, to stop it from taking all the connection. (My cable guy told me this haha)

But anyways, Ive been playing xbox for 3 years coming up in January. Ive been banned for the past 3 weeks because my credit card was cancelled and they couldnt charge me for my monthly fee. Ive realized how fun other games are offline. Even black ops offline. Single player zombies is extremely fun when its cold and rainy outside. Im unbanned now, and Im playing online successfully again. Right now, Im maintaining about a 1.92 K/D, 1.08 W/L, and I am a 3rd prestige as of about 20 minutes ago. If anyone wants to play with me (xbox) My gamertag is Siing, yes two I(i)'s. Im glad to play with anyone, just tell me your from TiF. I get alot of fanboy requests. Ill be on sometime tonight, so hit me up :D

Glad my thread is running strong. MW2 and Black Ops threads have both rocketed up in posts QUICK.

Everyone I know says to get an Xbox, but I don't want the Red Ring of Death (which happens in at least 30% of Xbox 360's), I don't want to pay the monthly fee (I know, I'm cheap, but I would have to pay for it myself), and I don't want to drop a good $300 to get another console. I'm getting a new desktop computer soon (I'm buying the parts and my friend and I are putting it together, should be really good for the $1200 I spent on parts), so I figured CoD would run pretty damned smoothly on that thing. I figured my computer would get way less lag than my PS3.

Plus I hate the Xbox controller. Any way to get a controller ported so that I can use a PS3 controller on a 360? I could always save up with my brothers for it and use relatives' gift money for Live. :\ But that's if I decide not to game on my PC.

The way Cod runs on a computer isnt completely dependant on your computer, its the cod servers. Treyarch especially tends to have verryyy bad servers.

And the new xboxs (whisper quiet or w/e) are supposed to be RROD proof. I havnt heard of a single one getting it, and they've been out for how long now? 5 or 6 months I think. And to afford it, just trade in your PS3. A ps3 should fetch you a used, new edition xbox, enough leftover for a couple games and a year xbox live card ($59.99 USD).

And the controller, MadCatz makes an xbox controller verryy similar to the PS3 controller. There is also a bunch of different versions of the xbox controller. Just mess around and see what you like. Hopefully you'll get it figured out. haha

I can't exactly sell the PS3 because that would be problematic. I'm a triplet, so I pretty much have to share it with my brothers. :\ We're all almost seventeen, but I'm the only one with a job (recently acquired, by the way, so I haven't saved up a whole lot of money yet). We also already have a lot of games for the PS3. :\

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Cod runs on a computer isnt completely dependant on your computer, its the cod servers. Treyarch especially tends to have verryyy bad servers.

Please don't try and talk about technical aspects when you have no clue.

Thanks.

I'm saying the generality of it. I know I dont have way too much of a clue, but Im just trying to help someone.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Please don't try and talk about technical aspects when you have no clue.

Thanks.

I'm saying the generality of it. I know I dont have way too much of a clue, but Im just trying to help someone.

You're not even in the general ballpark on how it works, it's just kind of laughable to be honest. Just stick to talking about consoles.

Yeah, I don't even have this game yet I know he's completely wrong. No, it's not Treyarch's servers, but terrible unoptimized code that wasn't directly adapted correctly for a PC environment, and it's clientside.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Can't wait for the LAN I'm going to on the weekend, will finally rid myself of the problem of BO not being updated. Then while everyone else sleeps I shall be seeing just how far I can reach in Zombies. I'm aiming for wave 40.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Yeah that [kitty]ish 1 second delay where it didn't fire where you aimed at the start is gone, now they just need to take away the sway when you first zoom in and this game will have some credibility.

Hmm... that sounds an awful lot like quickscoping!

I never had an issue with the sniper rifles in this game.

:mellow:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Personally, I think sniping isn't even worth it anymore. :\ It takes two or more well-placed bullets (aimed at upper or middle chest) to kill somebody, and that's with a bolt-action sniper. The Walter 2000 is the only semi-auto sniper (I believe), but it's even less powerful than the bolt-action snipers.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Personally, I think sniping isn't even worth it anymore. :\ It takes two or more well-placed bullets (aimed at upper or middle chest) to kill somebody, and that's with a bolt-action sniper.

Um... no it doesn't. I get one-hit-kills with the L96 all the time.

I never had an issue with the sniper rifles in this game.

:mellow:

Yeah, kids just got mad because they either couldn't do it or got outplayed when they were at a huge advantage over the guy who killed them. Pretty sad Treyarch actually listened to those kids.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Personally, I think sniping isn't even worth it anymore. :\ It takes two or more well-placed bullets (aimed at upper or middle chest) to kill somebody, and that's with a bolt-action sniper. The Walter 2000 is the only semi-auto sniper (I believe), but it's even less powerful than the bolt-action snipers.

The last sniper is a semi-auto as well. I don't remember the stats on that however, but I use that whenever I snipe, which, admittedly, isn't much.

30 kills, 2 deaths - 15.50 ratio

:?:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

:?:

I don't know how ratio works, but the higher ratio, the better you are. That guy killed 30 players, and died only two times. Which made his ratio 15.50, which is insane. I think you get the ratio if you take Kills divided by deaths.

Average ratio for MANY players is 1.00, where as pro players would probably have 2.00+ average ratio.