Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I didn't know the confused.com person was a lady until I saw her breasts.

I'm quite frustrated because my tablet works perfectly fine on everyone's laptop but mine.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

When I get ninja'd in FG.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

These breaks in my exams, I'll be doing the test and we have to stop at the midway point or we're basically disqualified. I end up sitting around waiting for 45 minutes to do the last half of my exam and end up very angry :angry:

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

The fact that it's so difficult to properly gift surprise items for people. How do I ask someone their size without asking them their size?

Measure them in their sleep, but then you might have to deal with the whole creepy person look. I'm not sure if not being surprising or being creepy is better.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

The fact that it's so difficult to properly gift surprise items for people. How do I ask someone their size without asking them their size?

If you have some time before you buy whatever it is, the easiest way to get their size (without asking) would be to go shopping with them. Or ask one of their friends, since they might know.

When I am watching a bug/insect/arachnid documentary and it spends the first 20 minutes discussing how amazing they are when it comes to surviving, hunting, and various other things to show how great they are. Just when I am about to get out of my phobia of some of them, it feels the need to mention how they are likely in the vincinity of my home, can breed like rabbits, and how easy it is for them to get into my home.

It's not really "annoying", but I hate how it builds me up to actually liking them out of fascination to re-cementing my loathing and gives me a feeling of slight paranoia for a few hours.

When you put a few hours into doing a section for group poster at uni, only for your group members to email you in capitals saying "we've put everyone's work together, please rearrange it so it's presentable", at which point you discover that they've edited your section so much that you can't even tell which bit you wrote.

I needed somewhere to vent my rage and this definitely fits under "things that annoy the HELL out of you".

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

1 AM: I'll check this one thing and go to bed.

3 AM: Shit.

All. The. Freaking. Time.

I try telling myself "just 5 minutes", "just this bit", "only for this activity and done" and it goes into several hours of wandering wikis, posting on forums, and just doing shenanigans, but in the late night hours. :wall:

1 AM: I'll check this one thing and go to bed.

3 AM: Shit.

All. The. Freaking. Time.

I try telling myself "just 5 minutes", "just this bit", "only for this activity and done" and it goes into several hours of wandering wikis, posting on forums, and just doing shenanigans, but in the late night hours. :wall:

I'm doing this right now.

On a related note, the local conveniance store closed early and I was kind of counting on it being open to have something to eat tonight, and the next nearest one was also closed (I think it closes at 11 every night though). Luckily I had some turkey from Easter, and some parmasean cheese, so that's what I had tonight (not a normal combination, but not bad). Anyway, that annoyed me because all I'd had today was some KD and I was very hungry.

The phrase "Hey, you speak English?" as the very first thing people say when they see me. Personally I see it as an opportunity to either ignore them as the ignorant cave-dweller they are, or respond with wit such as:

"I have no [bleep]ing clue what the hell you're talking about. I have a better question: Do you have Down's Syndome when it comes to talking to strangers?"

or...

"Sorry, my English isn't that good. It's not my first language. Am I speaking the words correctly?"

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I've got a lot so bare with me on this one;

• People who fail to use the right type of word in context. For example the uses of they're, their and there, you're and your, it's and its. English is my third language and I can tell the difference between them all, it's terribly infuriating.
  • People who seem to not know what trolling is and simply just insult people and say that they're just "trolling." Adding onto this, the whole trolling fad.
  • Memes. Every single one of them. 4chan and 9gag and the like have torn apart memes and made them so unfunny and useless to me but everyone else finds them funny.. maybe I've finally grown up.
  • People who find the smallest of things offensive/racist.
  • Football fans who feel that because you support a club not from your country, you're a "glory supporter".
  • People on facebook who have a crapload of subcribers but all they do is repost shite images and put the same caption. (for example; [LIKE] THIS IS YOU FIND THIS FUNNY!!! )
  • Guys who when I'm out at a nightclub feel the need to point out that I have next to no hair and when I explain why they feel sorry for me. Why else would I have next to no hair?
  • Guys (and girls) who try to buy me a drink in turn for a song request, especially when the song is rubbish or not in the genre of the music that I've been playing all night. (I'm a club DJ.)
  • People who think that because you hate someone (an artist for example), that you are jealous of them.

I'll stop there. :)

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Why just stop there? I found another one to add to this list:

• People who mess up Saq Prets and me on HYTchat. Happens all the time.

Now am I not right? Happens all the time when we are logged in, I freaking hate it. And it has been so for like at least 3 years now.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Hahaha. Even when I've changed my name it still happens.

It's probably even more annoying for you because it's an actual IRL nickname of yours. :wall:

Eejits.png

[*]People who fail to use the right type of word in context. For example the uses of they're, their and there, you're and your, it's and its. English is my third language and I can tell the difference between them all, it's terribly infuriating

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I think you meant to say "bear with me". 'Bare' only ever means things along the lines of exposed, deflowered etc, unless you're speaking in slang, in which case it is used to indicate a large quantity. But 'bear' as in 'I can't bear Bieber', ie, being able to stand or endure something, is the correct usage in this context.

(And usually you begin the list with a colon, not a semi-colon).

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Oh hey there Pretoria, I haven't seen you posting on this thread very often - join our club :D.

On topic... I'm finding customer service to be one of the irksome things of my life at this very moment: I'd send a message requesting support, and it takes two weeks for an email response that was simply copied and pasted from their Faq pages. I've clearly read it and have explicitly stated that 'this issue is not the same issue as highlighted in the Faq', but they still do it anyway - as if to spite me.

I'm honestly wondering - is it normal that these employees fail so much? If I call them, I'd be held on the line for 40+ minutes, being passed from one call centre to another ad infinitum. Oh, and when I do get to the crux of it, they tell me something that I already know. It's aggravating to say the least. EDIT - I've forgotten to add - they're being extremely invasive with their so-called 'security' questions too. I should write a negative review on their site...

Oh hey. :D I believe that was my first post in here, unless I'm mistaken. I've read this thread a lot though.

[*]People who fail to use the right type of word in context. For example the uses of they're, their and there, you're and your, it's and its. English is my third language and I can tell the difference between them all, it's terribly infuriating

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I think you meant to say "bear with me". 'Bare' only ever means things along the lines of exposed, deflowered etc, unless you're speaking in slang, in which case it is used to indicate a large quantity. But 'bear' as in 'I can't bear Bieber', ie, being able to stand or endure something, is the correct usage in this context.

(And usually you begin the list with a colon, not a semi-colon).

:evil:

I actually never knew that. I guess I'm a self loather. Hah!

That also now sounds like I'm inviting everyone to strip with me, since I know the context properly. :mrgreen:

(the semi colon was a mistake, my bad)

Eejits.png

Despite being mentioned so many times already, I feel I need to reiterate the annoyed feeling of an empty board. This board should be thriving with topics and discussion - but it seems to have dwindled. I think it might be a good idea to bring a few old threads back.

It's actually doing much better today than it has been recently I think.

Customer service is tricky. Most of the people they deal with are not that bright, often along the lines of calling to complain about the instructions they didn't read, or asking questions that are say answered on the faq page. I imagine that it doesn't take long working in that industry before you just assume all your customers are raging morons who shouldn't leave the house without being encased in pillows lest they hurt themselves.

However, outsourced tech support does annoy me. One of the few redeeming features of my ISP is that I can actually understand their tech support people (because they are from the same country as me). I do fairly well with western accents, but a lot of the eastern ones are totally incomprehensible to me. Outsourced tech support might as well be speaking Hindi at me.

Customer service is tricky. Most of the people they deal with are not that bright, often along the lines of calling to complain about the instructions they didn't read, or asking questions that are say answered on the faq page. I imagine that it doesn't take long working in that industry before you just assume all your customers are raging morons who shouldn't leave the house without being encased in pillows lest they hurt themselves.

And when there's a valid problem, the customer service guys don't have the power to change it and becomes a great, circlejerk of call transfers.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg