Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Unfortunately, I am a heavy sleeper and end up sleeping way longer than I expected. The only times I didn't break my "just 5 minutes" promise was during classes in school where I woke up at least 30 seconds before the 5 minutes were up. Weird bit is how I have never experienced a 10-hour sleep.

As for waking up in general, it's harder to do it when you get out of bed and feel really cold. It just makes retreating back into the sheets even more tempting than before and falling asleep is likely to occur within a few minutes. It doesn't annoy me, just sucks that it feels good.

The most I've done while not sick was probably ~14 hours or so if I remember correctly.

Straight or just waking up for a bit in between? Even when I was sick, I usually slept for 9 1/2 at most with 11-12 total hours in bed.

Like I woke up a few times but went right back to sleep.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Unfortunately, I am a heavy sleeper and end up sleeping way longer than I expected. The only times I didn't break my "just 5 minutes" promise was during classes in school where I woke up at least 30 seconds before the 5 minutes were up. Weird bit is how I have never experienced a 10-hour sleep.

As for waking up in general, it's harder to do it when you get out of bed and feel really cold. It just makes retreating back into the sheets even more tempting than before and falling asleep is likely to occur within a few minutes. It doesn't annoy me, just sucks that it feels good.

The most I've done while not sick was probably ~14 hours or so if I remember correctly.

Straight or just waking up for a bit in between? Even when I was sick, I usually slept for 9 1/2 at most with 11-12 total hours in bed.

Okay, I see then. Most people I know who slept 10+ hours usually can do it at once but I never could do it and assumed I was the odd one out despite being the hardest to wake up (with an accurately-timed biological clock). It feels really weird when you wake up and take some time to think about how the last 8 or so hours felt like a blacked out void unless you recalled your dreams.

Okay, I see then. Most people I know who slept 10+ hours usually can do it at once but I never could do it and assumed I was the odd one out despite being the hardest to wake up (with an accurately-timed biological clock). It feels really weird when you wake up and take some time to think about how the last 8 or so hours felt like a blacked out void unless you recalled your dreams.

I remember very few dreams but don't think of it as a void.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

[spoiler=A whole quote pyramid about sleep]

I remember very few dreams but don't think of it as a void.

Then I guess it's just me for thinking that way when I don't recall my dreams.

As for annoyances, I hate how I took a long time to get myself used to be a night person to have some peace but now it seems my brother joined in. I was fine with him going to sleep and leaving his terrible music on by accident, not following every thing I do whether he intended it or not.

Chomsky is an irritating man. Great linguist and what not, but as a political commentator he is an overly idealistic paranoiac.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I despise unclear timetables. Instead of telling people the buses don't operate on public holidays in writing that everyone can see, they decide to put it in tiny writing beneath everything else, right at the bottom of the timetable. And because of that I miss another bus, which also annoyed me because I was standing at the stop and it drove straight past me! :wall: :wall: :wall:

/rant on buses.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Public Transit is great in so far as it makes my life a lot easier at time. But yeah, there is totally a reason why everyone who can afford a car has one (actually several).

Dreams in which everything goes 100% amazing. Because then you wake up and realize that won't happen and you end up being sad.

*Correction: The dream was only about 90% amazing because for part of it the police were trying to murder me. That part was only cool in the "awesome adventure" sense, and I'd rather not have it happen in real life.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Dreams in which everything goes 100% amazing. Because then you wake up and realize that won't happen and you end up being sad.

*Correction: The dream was only about 90% amazing because for part of it the police were trying to murder me. That part was only cool in the "awesome adventure" sense, and I'd rather not have it happen in real life.

Yeah.... I feel ya....

The fact that I can never sleep-in past a certain point because my family is loud as hell annoys me greatly. When my younger brother or a parent wants to sleep in the entire house has to be deadly quiet but when I want to sleep in they decide to hold screaming matches.

The crick in one's neck when waking up. I think I need new pillows.

I've been getting that a lot lately myself. At least I am glad I am a very heavy sleeper and don't notice I am feeling still waking up.

When people HAVE to have a certain race of people do something for them.

Usually their same race. My black friend won't allow anyone who isn't black to cut his hair. My girlfriend, who is Filipino, currently has a toothache constantly and I keep telling her to go to the dentist, but she CAN'T see any doctor or dentist who isn't Filipino because she thinks they won't do a good job, and she's waiting 2 months until she goes home.

Neither of them have even given anyone else a chance so they have nothing to go off, they're just stuck in their ways.

When people HAVE to have a certain race of people do something for them.

Usually their same race. My black friend won't allow anyone who isn't black to cut his hair. My girlfriend, who is Filipino, currently has a toothache constantly and I keep telling her to go to the dentist, but she CAN'T see any doctor or dentist who isn't Filipino because she thinks they won't do a good job, and she's waiting 2 months until she goes home.

Neither of them have even given anyone else a chance so they have nothing to go off, they're just stuck in their ways.

I can kind of understand the black barber thing, but the Filipino dentist thing is just dumb.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The video player on my Walkman. It advertises on the box that it plays video, but only MP4. Good luck finding out which version, and getting a good converter program.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The video player on my Walkman. It advertises on the box that it plays video, but only MP4. Good luck finding out which version, and getting a good converter program.

I have a lot of mp4's. Had to get a codec pack to play them though. Your walkman is less flexible than my phone :P

Trying to have a discussion where the other person doesn't even act subtle when trying to show their hidden agenda or purpose and ruins the chat. I guess that is why I never liked small talk since that is where I found a large majority of that behavior.